Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you gladly Trade Places with Women at Thanksgiving

Would you gladly Trade Places with Women at Thanksgiving

How many of you would be happy mincing about in a pretty dress, heels, stockings and of course a frilly apron doing the cooking instead of watching the Parade and football ? GossipingApron.jpg with the gals in the kitchen

I enjoy playing dressup but I think I prefer being a guy for Thanksgiving

Good question. I may be or not be a girl tomorrow. But either way I will be cooking and my so will be fixing things also. So we will be in the kitchen most of the time.
    Part Time Girl

Women generally don't cook in heels.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I love to cook and so I already spend a lot of time in the kitchen regardless of what day of the year so tomorrow will be no exception. While I would love to dress for it as you describe that unfortunately won't be happening. On the other hand, I don't think there will be too many gg's dressed that way while cooking either lol.

I will assist my daughter on Thanksgiving! I will be in male mode after working 1/2 a day! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Yes I would do it trade places.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING

My family's Thanksgiving tradition is that ALL members share in preparing the Thanksgiving feast. Male mode for me too.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

'Mincing about'? None of the women I've had thanksgiving with were ever 'mincing about'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would have to say no. I’m from a typical southern family where the ladies cook and the men, well we just seem to eat, complain that we ate to much and then eat some more. Most southern wives, especially when together in the same kitchen, don’t want men in their kitchens. This is one of those times of year I definitely like being 100% in guy mode. Besides that, I don’t think my family would eat anything I cooked anyway. I didn’t get that gene.

Yep, I tend to do a lot of the cooking and all of the bigger get together meals, don't think I'd me mincing about however
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I love to work in the kitchen en femme, I find that its appropriate and distressing too .

Happy Thanksgiving all, here in Canada we had ours in October .

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have always been the main cook in my home with both of my ex-wives and I have cooked in both modes, heels tend to hurt after a while.

Banned Read only
    No problem, I am a better cook and I hate watching sports on TV.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'll be in the kitchen starting this evening. I move around so much I need comfortable shoes and the best designed apron won't keep gravy or cranberry stains off whatever I'm wearing. I look forward to the evening where I shuffle off to my bedroom and settle in for a little reading or TV and a long winter nap.

I actually wish there were a couple of women who would want to trade places with me! I need a break.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

We go to Families house and everyone brings something. then who ever helps finish what ever and at some point we eat. Being there are 13 females and 2 maybe 3 males includeing kids better to be one of the guys lol.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mincing is chopping right?
    Maybe prancing is what she meant.
    I may be gay but even I don't prance or mince about in girl mode.

Dreams are fun and sometimes impractical in real life. This year male mode and football and food. Next year, female mode and football and food, for real!

When I was twenty I mixed with the girls in the kitchen, they fed me titbits, and asked me to sample the various dishes on offer.

Chatting up an attractive twenty year old blonde seemed more productive that seeing a television full of footballers trying to destroy each other.

I was dressed for one thanksgiving when away from home one year, as were the others in my group.

Yes, that was enjoyable for sure.

None of us seemed perplexed at not being "Home for the holidays." :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would love to trade places cook drink wine and talk with all my sisters and sister in laws.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    How many of you would be happy mincing about in a pretty dress, heels, stockings and of course a frilly apron doing the cooking instead of watching the Parade and football ? Gossiping with the gals in the kitchen
    I'm not sure if this displays a worse attitude to CDers or to GG. Either way to suggest that someone in a dress 'minces' isn't really the kind of thing I'd expect on CD friendly forum. But, no, it shows a worse attitude to women, because hey, you've got the parade and the football. All she has are clothes, gals, and an absolute mountain of work to feed you. And we wonder why so many SO struggle with what we do. If we don' help ourselves, how can we expect others to do it for us? If we're going to make progress and if more SOs are going to accept us as we are, then we've got to see things from their point of view as well.

Mince? Unless you're talking pie, I don't mince.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Oh dear... I hope you don't feel too bad about some of the responses. I get what you're trying to get at, and perhaps 50 or 60 years ago (or for some still) it might have been like that, but not so much now. The picture you're creating with your words is perhaps either what happens in your house or an ideal vision you have in your head?

I will say two (more) things;

1. To perhaps clarify for some, the urban dictionary definition of Mincing is "To walk or sashe/shante in a very effeminate and/or swishy way. To walk as if wearing a pair of invisible high heels." I can't say I am not guilty of doing this on occasion. Not generally when cooking, though, as I am too serious about it and a little ocd.

2. I think you look very lovely in your picture.

If I was able to "switch" the other way, I would opt for no cooking a huge meal, and no football, either. I'd watch the parade and order take out. I love to cook, but I love to not cook more. - lol

Sounds like fun! Sadly, won't happen for me in my living situation, but whatthehell, a girl can dream, can't she?

P.S. I got the 'mincing' part right away, just like Littleg2 did.

+1 on the beautiful dress and apron - you look wonderful and happy!

I don't follow sports, to me it's a waist of time. I'll be with the women. But my best friend a GG does. Her boyfriend doesn't. So much for stereo types.

We are all going to to my best friend's sisters for thanksgiving.

Hope you all have a great day.

Gold Member
    Yes, I would switch, I love to cook, and I am pretty good at it.
    SO, Where is my dress.
    rader