Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you gladly Trade Places with Women at Thanksgiving

I don't watch sports but I may have a Marilyn Monroe on DVD marathon tomorrow, and watch between the times my wife has me helping her in the kitchen. My two adult children will be over for lunch and I am out to both of them, but my wife has requested some "safe for the Facebook crowd I am not out to yet" photos, so I'm going to have to butch up a little.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I'd wish I could have what Beverly had!!!!

I hope everybody has a GREAT Thanksgiving no matter how you're dressed!

Well I was just mincing some shallots and Serrano peppers. I will be in the kitchen in a chefs coat and tennis shoes. I can't find my nice Italian apron. When my wife gets home I will find it and wear that tomorrow. I watched my mom and grandmother cook in house shoes then slip on the heels for dinner. I guess there is something about comfort when cooking.

Hell no! I may dress like a girl but that does not mean I want to be slaving away behind an oven lol. And I'm from Australia which doesn't help...

Great outfit Robbiegirl. The premise of your original post is faulty, I fear. My wife and I both ran ragged today getting ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be more of same. Trading places won't help.

I'll be my drab self helping out where ever needed. I can't stand sports on TV and until the jacka$$ footballers stop disrespecting everyone and every thing, there will be NO football watching in my house--PERIOD.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    I'll be my drab self helping out where ever needed. I can't stand sports on TV and until the jacka$$ footballers stop disrespecting everyone and every thing, there will be NO football watching in my house--PERIOD.
    Jon
    Wow I know I am getting old when so many of you have never heard of Mincing ! LOL

So sorry if I offended anyone was just bringing back memories of some formal Thanksgivings I was involved with where dresses and suits were worn !

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    I've cooked the Xmas meal for several years now, sadly in drab ,but all might change soon. ! I'm not sure if I do mince round the kitchen but I do make very good mince pies !!

I usually cook for Thanksgiving when people come to our house. Would rather sit with my kids and grand kids watching movies or chatting rather than watch football with the guys.

I just took the fresh rolls out of the oven for later today and then my wife will make the duck.

I'm fully dressed and love to work, mince or prance in the kitchen in girl mode. June Cleaver has always been one of my roll models.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Oh!.... how my life and attitudes have changed; perhaps evolved.

Back in the Day, when I scrupulously followed all the guy-rules and worked overtime to blend in and be One of the Guys, I was found hovering over the TV on Thanksgiving Day, watching football, drinking beer, snacking. The usual stuff.

Today, that style of life is almost foreign to me and my thinking. I can't imagine hanging around my living room with a a group of overweight, greyed old has-been athletes discussing the NFL; guzzling brews. The whole Guy/Jock culture seems so vulgar now. Don't know why I did it except to blend in and hide out among the guys.

I would love nothing better today than to don one of my most beautiful dresses, maybe a kitchen apron; take a turn in the kitchen (I'm actually the best cook in the house); sip a glass of cabernet and socialize. We're with family today and I've not "come out" to them, so the gown is not happening. But..... someday.

Blessings to all today. Give thanks for being You.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I have the turkey on and we have a full dinner coming up. Good stuff and I am going to make the relish plate.
    Part Time Girl

I'm the family cook and do all of the mincing, chopping, baking, etc. I wouldn't want to wear a nice dress while cooking as wouldn't stay clean, but once I finished, I'd love to change into a dress or skirt for dinner and the rest of the day.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Robbiegirl, I sympathize with your post. I think many of us would LOVE to mince around in the kitchen wearing fetishy heels, etc. Much like the girls here who dwell on and on about doing their housework in hi heels and sexy outfits from Leg Avenue.

But, I remember back in the day when women and men dressed quite formally on Thanksgiving and Xmas. But, I can't ever recall any of the cooks, (always women on those holidays), ever cooking in hi heels or Leg Ave. style outfits. They did wear very long and un sexy aprons, tho!

And, no mincing except over the sink!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In my long experience, I have never known any female family or friends to "mince about" while preparing (or cleaning up after) a holiday meal. As fantasies go, this is far from weirdest one I've seen on this forum, but let's be honest. It is nothing but a fantasy.

There's fun CD fantasy and then there's reality. The enjoyable Thanksgiving dinner I attended had twelve women in their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. There was no dress or skirt or hose or heels or even an apron worn by any of these otherwise well dressed, middle/upper-middle class Midwest women: or the guys either. The guys (ten of them) all pitched in when it came to setup, cooking, pouring and cleanup. Trading places? Never gave it a thought as there was no place to trade.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 11-24-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Women generally don't cook in heels.
    Generally, no! But, I do. And, I do the laundry, baking, cooking, vacuuming, dish washing (by hand) in heels, hosiery and a pretty dress. Long Live June Cleaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Maybe prancing is what she meant.
    Nope. Never saw anyone prance, either. I've seen horses do it. But never any people.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Well, I like the responses about mincing, however if I need to chop that fine, I use the food processor especially when feeding an army at thanksgiving.

I DO do the cooking, or at least some if it's not my kitchen, and I DO chat with the women, they're family for goodness sake! And I will watch a game too, as does wife! I didn't grow up on that type of segregation. As far as a dress and heels, heels would be dangerous, and a dress would get ruined.

You know what else gets ruined???? Your expensive wig!!! The heat from the oven and stove will burn a friz into it, and grease vapors are horrible.

No, I get as much "fem" activity as I need from the normal deal. Unless I am ready to transition, the I will save the skirt for other activities and venues.

I mince all the time. It's involuntary.
    I did it long before I "came out" to the wife. She always used to comment on it in the past (before she knew about my CD/TG life). "Stop it. You're mincing about again", she would say.
    I consider it a natural act.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Oh my God, I would so love to have my family fully accept me as Stephanie and fully able to femininely express myself like all the other girls, maybe even joining the guys for a little football and demurely crossing my legs and trying not to trip in my heels or one of the dogs putting a run in my nylons.

Definition of mincing

affectedly dainty or delicate, for example, taking mincing steps

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Women generally don't cook in heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    'Mincing about'? None of the women I've had thanksgiving with were ever 'mincing about'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey11 View Post
    Yep, I tend to do a lot of the cooking and all of the bigger get together meals, don't think I'd me mincing about however
    What about June Cleaver. Didn't she cook in heels and a dress? I'm not sure about the mincing.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 12-28-2017 at 05:52 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Again with June Cleaver! You all do know that she was a fantasy even then?? A male marketing developed fantasy during a very mysgonistic period in our history?

She never existed!

Meghan,

With regard to June Cleaver. Who cares!

If I want to use June Cleaver as a role model then that's what I'm going to do. The fact that you elect not to if fine by me and your business.

Robbiegirl,

Not sure about "mincing" about the kitchen on Thanksgiving. However, I am always helping out in the kitchen with my apron and something feminine underneath, or a sheer blouse to show off my bra a little. I usually am on clean up duty or fixing plates and setting the table.

@--}----
    Michelle