Thread: My Wild Summer Adventure

My Wild Summer Adventure

This is partly inspired by Lana Mae's gas story and I figured I'd post it in a separate thread rather than hijacking her story completely. But over the summer, a few friends (Sydney, Heather, Andy and Mandy) and I decided to meet up in Province Town, Mass. They were coming from Portland and I drove alone from NYC. We had fun, laid out on the beach, went out and partied every night, and met some really nice guys (seriously, they were so muscular, and unfortunately incredibly gay, and they helped us pull my friend's boat out of the sand after the tide had gone down). We ended up becoming really good friends with them and met up with them a few times while we were there.

We were there for about a week and on the last day that we were suppose to be there, while we were at brunch, Andy ran into one of the guys who helped us out earlier and he invited us to ANOTHER party later that day. We told him that we had already turned in our keys to our bnb and couldn't stay another night but he insisted that we stay and even offered his place to stay. I was pretty much pooped and ready to go home, but my friend, Andy, really wanted to stay since he was super interested in this guy and it was pretty clear the guy was into Andy as well. We decided it was fine and went to the party-- this meant getting all glammed up (I'll come back to this later).

We were having fun, we danced on the beach, drank way too much and I may or may not have made out with some random guy (spoiler alert: I almost always do this when tipsy).

ANYWAY, around 5-6p, my roommate texts me to remind me that our landlord was coming to collect the rent tomorrow morning and that I needed to give him my portion before they showed up. I completely forgot about rent being due and here I was, holding a bottle of cheap tequila in one hand and a bottle of margarita mix in the other, about 350 miles away from my tiny Brooklyn apartment. I immediately texted him back and told him my situation. He said just get back before the landlord shows up. I asked him if he could cover me. He said he would if he could. I asked him if we could just pay late. He said the landlord would charge us an extra $200 each if we did that and that I'd have to cover his portion of the fee too because he was not about to pay for my mistake. There was no way I was going to cough up an extra $400 this month so I looked for my friends, told them the situation and told them I had to go home.

By this point, I was sobering up, so I knew I was fine to drive home (I definitely wasn't looking forward to it though). The walk to my car helped, and I had avoided drinking too much this time around since I was already pretty drained from the previous week of drinking nonstop. So I hopped in my car, set up my GPS home, and started driving.

Now I don't know how many of you have ever been to Provincetown or Cape Cod in general, but Route 6 is an absolute nightmare on Friday nights, so I was pretty much stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for a few hours (this also really helped me sober up-- Don't drink and drive kids!) About maybe half an hour into the traffic, I hear something from the car to the left of me-- it's this truck with about 3-4 guys in it-- I'm talking big, ol' bro-ish guys with backwards hats, shiny (fake ) Oakley sunglasses, bro tanks and the douchiest of haircuts. In the passenger seat is this man, sticking his head out of the window, waiving, and trying to get my attention.

I look at him and kind of give him one of those awkward smiles and oh hey's with my eyebrows and he asks me to roll down my window. I do, thinking that he wants to ask for like directions or something (which is a terrible idea to begin with, never trust me with directions) and he mutters something like "You shouldn't be driving alone this late, you should let me come over there and let me take over the wheel for you".

That's when it hits me. I was still in girl mode. I completely forgot about it. I left in such a rush that I didn't even really think to change back into my guy mode. To be honest this was the longest I had ever gone in girl mode, and with Ptown being so LGBTQA friendly, I just got used to not having to think about my gender and appearance -- and it was nice just being able to live as myself for a week.

So I'm slightly freaked out but realistically this guy "hitting" on me *cough* *cough* harassing me-- also reminded me that I'm passable enough, and it wasn't like I was going to run into anyone I know, so I figured driving home in girl mode would be fine, if not fun. It'd be no big deal. I just had to get home and pay my rent.

Back to this creeper though-- I give him a sort of creeped out/mortified look and start rolling my window back up. And that's when, I shit you not, he follows up with "C'mon baby, I'll drive so all you'll have to worry about is not choking while you give me road head as payment". It was horrifying and it took every muscle in my body to not start crying. I try to ignore them and he continues screaming out the window, harassing me, cat-calling me, asking me to do some really vile things to his (I'm assuming here but let's be real) small penis. It was really gross and I was trapped in bumper to bumper traffic and I couldn't do anything. Luckily, I was able to distract myself and called my friend so that I could look busy and he eventually left me alone and I was able to get away from him.

BUT WAIT THAT'S NOT ALL!

After that incident it was pretty much a smooth ride, that is until I realized that I needed to get gas. So I pull over to a random gas station in Connecticut, and as I'm pumping gas I call my friend again because it's dark and I don't know where I am and if someone's gonna kidnap me at least someone will know. As I'm talking to my friend though, another car of teens pulls up and -- they must have been tipped off by my low/deep voice-- they start calling me out and laughing. They started laughing at me and calling me a "faggot" and asking me why I was wearing "girl clothes". It was again really humiliating. Kids are brutal. I got in my car and drove off as quickly as possible.

By the time I got home, it was like 1 am. I park my car and start heading to my front door. That's when I realized I still need to get cash for rent. So I walk over a few more blocks to an ATM and it was the longest walk ever. After the previous 2 interactions with other humans, I was horrified of people and dreading bumping into anyone else again that night. I make it to the ATM, pull out the cash, and bump into 2 girls that I recognized as neighbors walking towards me. Now, I'm out to a total of maybe 5-6 people in the city--As we got closer, I could see one of them whispering something to the other and I prepared for whatever judgement was coming my way. And as we pass, one of the comments "I love those shoes, let's get coffee sometime, Wasp!" (she didn't say wasp, but she did call me by my male name). I was so relieved! (We ended up getting coffee, and now she's my roommate!)

This made me feel amazing. After all I went through that day this was really all I needed. It was so genuine and kind and I'd be lying if I said I almost cried again.

I made it back to my apartment and opened the front door to my roommate and his buddies drinking and playing video games-- NONE of them, including my roommate, knew about me dressing. It was embarrassing. Their jaws dropped and they didn't say anything. I just dropped the rent money on the coffee table in front of my roommate and went to bed.

And that's how I lost a roommate, and found a new one in just one day

Well! You win some and you lose some. :-)
    I hope the new room mate is more sociable. :-) :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like you may have gained more than you lost! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Great story I think you handle every event very well.

WOW.
    But you didn't say if she wears the same size.
    Still isn't it nice not having to hide at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    WOW.
    But you didn't say if she wears the same size.
    Still isn't it nice not having to hide at home?
    I wish! She’s much more petite than I am. I have borrowed some accessories from her though I think she borrows from me most of the time! But it’s nice to have someone as a friend who accepts me for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Well! You win some and you lose some. :-)
    I hope the new room mate is more sociable. :-) :-)
    Absolutely! We’re best friends now!

You know you can transfer money via the Internet now days lol

If you can handle this series of events, you can handle anything!
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    You know you can transfer money via the Internet now days lol
    True but we had the sketchiest landlord and she only accepted cash. It was cheap so we didn’t ask questions lol

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Love that story except the creepy guy bit. I have a theory that men like him should be given a professional makeover (the full works to create a convincing sexy woman) and then sent out in the world until someone does the same to them so they know what it feels like for a lone woman to be intimidated like that. That way they may learn something but I doubt it.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Great story

What a trooper. You go Girl.

My sincere condolences on your experiences! I've had some problems with obnoxious men myself. Nothing as bad as what you've described, but bad enough to be irritating, and perhaps a little frightening.

And I'm just an old lady! Its something every woman has to deal with.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Wow, that's an epic story.

it sounds like a dream, with scary episode,

hope you had a great time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Wasp , Wow that story was a real Nail Biter, With a happy ending.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I live in Massachusetts, so I've heard a few Provincetown stories. This was by far the best!

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    I live in Massachusetts, so I've heard a few Provincetown stories. This was by far the best!
    Where in Massachusetts? I love Provincetown!! I definitely plan on visiting a lot more!!