Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch for cameras

Watch for cameras

I went to help a co-worker at his house, when we were done he had a stashed pack of cigarettes and asked me if I wanted one. I quit for 10 years and I thought he did to, he was at the side of his house and he told me if his wife finds out he's smoking again she was going to kill him. A few minutes later his wife calls him to the door, he comes back and points up to the air and says, "I got caught smoking with my own f-ing security camera. I started laughing but couldn't help to think about Maria and if I ever was caught on any security camera. Well the gas station for sure.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The smell alone will give a smoker away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The smell alone will give a smoker away.
    Smokers don't realize that they stink. Which is pretty odd, considering that they seem to know that cigar smoke stinks, so you'd think that they'd realize that if cigar smokers can't notice the cigar stink, perhaps THEY can't notice the cigarette stink.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes the smell gives you away because so few living people still smoke. We should also remember that cameras are every where now so we should be careful where we change our clothes.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

My county (and maybe even the state) has banned cigarettes in all restaurants (unless you have a separate ventilation system). Since then, I have become very sensitive to cigarette smoke. I can even smell it when someone is smoking at a stop light if their car window is open. I can get into an empty elevator and smell that the previous rider had smoked.

When my mom, who was a lifelong smoker came to visit, not only did I make her smoke outside, but I made her wait outside for at least 5 minutes after she finished a cigarette to get some of the smoke in her lungs out before she brought it back in the house.

It's an interesting observation. I wonder how smokers believe that they can pass as non-smokers.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    No avoiding them they're everywhere !

It would be interesting in the course of a day and just going about your jobs in your local area how many times you were recorded on private and public video systems .

I still smile at the time in the supermarket when I was checking out makeup and removers, the terrible canned music stopped and a clear recording of Frank Sinatra singing , " I've got you under my skin !" started to play . I couldn't help thinking someone in the security office was having fun with me .

I think most smokers are aware of the smell, at least I am. I usually wash my hands after each one, cuz the smell does bother me. Getting that smell out of my wig is another problem entirely. Can definitely smell it the next morning.

Not too concerned about cameras.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

While I don't smoke, my male side still enjoys a fine cigar and a glass of spirits. So it is done outside and not so much this time of year. While I enjoy the smell of a good quality cigar I really don't like it on my clothes as an after smell. But the moral of the original post is watch out for cameras including your own if you are choosing to do something and don't want to be caught . Thanks Maria for the laugh.

I'm sure I've been caught en femme on security cameras hundreds of times. They're everywhere ... And so am I.

I think cigars smell wonderful. It's not an acquired taste though. It's genetic. My mother also loved the smell of cigars, and she never smoked.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u go out dressed, why would getting caught on security cam bother u? Unless you work for the CIA or a big, strict, security firm that wouldn't approve of your fem identity? In which case, why r u out in public dressed in the first place?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Cameras are everywhere! The ex head of the CIA said that he puts tape over the lense of the camera on his laptop. I did that years ago. Better get used to it.

Yes , Cameras are everywhere! And beware of them in changing areas!! And of course-cover up those Webcams with electrical tape when not in use.! Hackers will be admiring your bra and panties! As for the substances, no butts or booze for me. Sober since 1975. Blessings... Toni G...

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Cameras love me, darling, don’t you know.

Sorry, reverted to my old Rarity avatar for a moment there.

22 years ago, my father smoked frequently, my mother didn't at all, and neither did my wife or myself. My wife and I lived in another state, and our own home had always been smoke free. When our daughter was born, my mom flew out to see her new granddaughter, and to stay for a few weeks so she could help around the house while my wife recuperated from childbirth. When mom opened her suitcase, we could all smell the stale cigarette smoke on her clothes! She had to wash every stitch she had brought with her, as well as taking a fresh shower, and she apologized profusely for the stink. She said that at her home, she hadn't noticed the smoke smell at all. The odor was so pervasive in her environment that her mind apparently just blocked it out. But in our smoke-free home, we could all smell it!

You get a similar situation with teenagers who don't bathe often enough. They smell their own stink so often that they can't notice it themselves.

Banned Spammer
    A friend of mine is a Manager of a Wal Mart close to my house and she saw me shopping in the ladies section on the security camera a few days ago.
    She came out of the office and tracked me down,sneaked up behind and caught me red handed.
    She looked at what I had picked out to see if I had any fashion sense I guess.

When I moved from New England to DC more than a decade ago I was appalled when I walked into a bar and it was full of smoke. Fortunately, 6 months lately the District banned smoking in bars and restaurants.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never smoked, even though I grew up in a family of smokers. I remember as a kid we had to paint the white woodwork every year because the nicotine kept turning it yellow. As for cameras, here in the UK we're the most watched nation on earth, you just get used to them.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    They are all over watching us so get used to it.
    They banned smoking in establishments around here 15 years ago maybe longer.
    I quite almost two years ago and I don't miss it.

That's a hoot, Maria. Hoist by his own petard.

Smoking in public places has been banned by law in my province for some time here. That means smokers cannot smoke less than 9 metres from an exterior door or building air intake. In restaurants, the smoking section must be separately ventilated. The smokers complain but there is little sympathy from the non-smokers including me. My body can't handle a lot of smoke, and when I have a cold, my tolerance drops significantly.

The only universal exception I'm aware of is single detached homes.

I just plain do not enjoy breathing second hand smoke from smokers. Nothing against the smokers it's their lungs their killing off little by little. My dad smoked and died a young death. My uncle smoked but managed to live about three years longer than dad. I can't figure out why anyone wants to smoke. It's not cool and definitely not healthy so why do it.

Platinum Member
    The office I worked in for decades installed a camera to record the service desk which was open to the public. It was for security and not to snoop. It was a digital recording system which stored the comings and goings for three months before it had to be purged. I think you just have to assume you're being video recorded when in a public setting. It's also my understanding it is permissible to record changing areas in some jurisdictions as long as they notify the public they do so (37 out of 50 states).

Odds are a person isn't taking their crossdressing beyond the 4 walls of their house if they're worried about something as petty as a store surveillance camera recording them.

You bet cameras are everywhere! I was hiking in a skirt in a local Audubon sanctuary and walked right up to a game camera pointing down the trail at me. I really hated the thought of someone invading my privacy that way.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , That is an incentive to always be on your best behavior,
    Big Brother is Watching! >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Don't forget that Santa Claus is watching you, too.