Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on underdressing

I don't have anymore boxers or guy underwear. All I wear is panties under my guy clothes. Long story short, I don't get many opportunities to openly dress. Mainly at home and at stores when I'm trying things on. To me, I don't know if I would've transitioned if I had the resources. Plus my prejudice parents, but that's a different story. I know it's better late to do something than never.

Anyways, back to the original question. Underdressing helps me scratch that itch per se. Plus the taboo. Underdressing is simple and gives me that fem feeling I need. Kind of like drinking coffee. I have a headache before I drink it and must have it to continue my day

I have no male underwear of any kind. I wear panties every day, sometimes with a bra or camisole. It's all very ordinary. I have no special feelings about it ever.

Would I ever go back to wearing male underwear? No, no, no, no, NO! My mind recoils in horror at the thought! I'd rather be staked out on an ant hill!

Like others who have posted, I don't have any men's underwear. I even wear panties to the doctor's office. Instead of men's t-shirts under my shirts, I wear ladies stretch tanks or camisoles. I find them more comfortable and they fit better than that men's stuff.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Funny I see this today. I wore to work today, panties and pantyhose. I wanted to wear a sports bra but could not as it was showing. But I did enjoy it. Most of the time it is all or nothing. Today, however I could deal with partial underdressing.
    Amanda

All I own is female underwear and in the winter months I often wear panty hose under my pants while playing golf. Keeps me warm and happy. If only this would hep my score

I can't fully dress as often as I like, so under dressing fills the gap for me. I like having feminine garments close to my skin, so panties, a camisole and pantyhose are part of my everyday attire.
    Last edited by Donna St. Marten; 11-25-2017 at 03:17 PM.

So many great responses I wish I could respond to everyone, so thanks girls and apologies for not addressing every post even though I would love to... so a few responses:

Dianef - Thats actually me too most of the time I am very much an all or nothing girl but at times I just need that F connection.

GrethenM - I find most panties to be a lot more comfortable i think its the thinness of the material.

Majella - Funnily enough when I wrote the OP I thought I bet someone says how did you know the woman was wearing panties

Pat - I not only know who I am, but embrace her
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I used to only underdress on occasion for fear I would get into an accident and the EMT would see my panties and sometimes, pantyhose. For the last few months I have worn panties pretty much every day. Guess I don't worry about accidents as much . Now that it is cooler I will wear thigh highs under my pants. Pantyhose is probably my #1 obsession but under pants the thigh highs seem to feel better than pantyhose,

I just don't get the under dressing thing.
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    I usually only underdress if I'm going out shopping and intend to try on clothes . Years ago I was caught out when buying a pair of heels and the SA waved a pair of knee highs in front of me making sure other customers saw and said you will have to slip these on before yo can try shoes .

So now I do it as a safeguard for not being caught out like that again, besides shoes are easier to slip and and skirts look better if you have holdups on.

Funny little story from the other day,I popped in to see an old friend , she works for a theatre group and buys wigs on a regular basis so I asked if she could spare an up to date catalogue , while we were talking I was trying to pull my holdup up which had slipped down , she creased up when I told what my problem was !

Banned Read only
    I never gave underdressing much thought until I started reading threads and comments on this site. I decided to give it a try. As a retiree I did not have to worry about a coworker discovering what undergarments I would be wearing. During the late fall or winter months I gave it a try. It was not just panties. It was a bra, panty, camisole, garter girdle with stockings. With regular socks and a heavy sweatshirt there was no evidence of any cross dressing. I even stuffed my bra with a Nerf ball which was cut in half for some light weight padding, which I did remove before going into a store. In actuality I totally forgot I was wearing women's undergarments. There was no thrill. I guess I am a visual person who likes to see himself/herself in a mirror wearing a dress, heels, hosiery and wig. On occasion I do wear a Vanity Fair nylon panty brief in either black or white. The only time I feel the nylon brief is when I sit too long and sweat a little. Nylon is not absorbent like cotton. I can understand why my wife prefers Hanes cotton briefs in the basic white.

Aspiring Member
    I like the feel and look of nylon panties. Indeed they do not absorb sweat but OTOH they are easy to hand wash, squeeze dry them in a small towel and hang them up. They're dry in no time, unlike cotton. Just my

Ineke

Over time wearing panties everyday has become second nature. Much more comfy than tidy whites for sure.

I don't wear undershorts of any sort, because I find myself more comfortable without. In winter I wear pantyhose or tights as a base layer. In summer I will wear support pantyhose on long motorcycle rides (No Nonsense All Over Shapers, if anyone cares). I also don't like thick socks, so I wear the thinnest I can find, which are ladies knee-highs. Whether any of that counts as underdressing doesn't really matter to me.

I wear panties exclusively. I have a couple pairs of mens briefs,but have not worn them in years. I sometimes wear pantyhose in the winter when I take the dogs for a walk. I have worn pantyhose to work on occasion. I did last winter when they were demolishing part of the building I work in and had the heat turned down if not off. Great way to stay warm and I enjoyed wearing them. I would wear them more but they get warm. I sometimes also wear sports bras and camisoles on the weekends.

Aspiring Member
    Actually, I only have two pairs of boy shorts left. Strictly for wearing to a doctor's office (if I remember in time to switch)

Ineke

Silver Member
    I've participated in this similar question in the past. I think there are layers to underdressing, (insert pun here). But for me, underdressing is just a touchstone. When I need a bit of a fix and the opportunity to dress isn't there, at least I can choose my skivies. I wear comfortable enough ones that don't work down or up. The closeness, fabric and thinness are a bonus. Mostly I get to be me.

But I don't do it all the time, although most of my male underwear is pretty close in construction.

I much prefer to be completely dressed but when I want to dress and can not I will under dress.

For me when I dress I want to leave the male gender behind and enjoy the female in me. Any connection I can feel with other women is great.

We had a secretary one day at work having trouble with her hose slipping down. Knowing and experiencing that problem in the past it was nice having that small bond that men would not understand. Other things like that include hearing women say they are not happy with their make up that day, knowing what it is like to have to sit a certain way in skirts, the daily ritual of moisturizing, shaving etc.

One time I had dressed for an extended period of time. I just started thinking about my daughter who was killed in a car crash. I just started crying. Usually ,when not dressed, I become angry and want to hit something. It was an unpleasant experience, in either gender role, but it was nice to have be able to cry like women sometimes experience emotions.

When I undress it usually painted toe nails, hose and panties. When I see other women I sometimes smile knowing what I am wearing and that we have that in common. Anytime I can experience anything that women do I feel a connection.

Panties everyday for 28 years, bras everyday for the last 5 years. I under dress because I can't fully dress everyday. My wife knows as does my doctor and her nurses, nobody cares. If you don't make a fuss - they don't either. The panties I wear for comfort, bras for fun.

For me it isn't a thing. I wear as many or as few feminine things as I can. I can always wear panties as those are not on public display. So, underdressing is not a thing for me; panties are just part of my wardrobe. Until the first of November, I wore a military uniform and those are just that, uniform. Under my uniform I wore panties as that part is what I control. So, I've worn panties for years, not because I'm underdressing, but because I'm being me and I would wear them if I were able to wear a skirt everyday. I do still have a few pair of men's boxers but they rarely see the light of day.

I wear cotton panties every day. They are not stretchy or tight, but very comfortable, so there is no danger to the jewels.
    On the weekend I will often wear pantyhose and a bra, but tend to do so only at home.
    My SO tolerates this, and I love her for it.

Banned Read only
    I'm like DianeF and Kas; I don't underdress. Why is that, exactly? I feel as Diane does, that it needs to be "all or nothing."

To be more specific, I think it's because I see it as a matter of discrete gender roles. At any given time I can be in "guy mode," or I can be Marianne. I'm perfectly happy in a male role, and CDing for me is erotic in one way or another, though I'm sure that's not the whole story. But to underdress feels to me like "compromising" that male role. That's in addition to the risk of being embarrassed if anyone should ever discover what I'm wearing underneath! "Why make myself nervous?" is one way I look at it. Conversely, if I'm going to dress feminine, I want to be Marianne, and I wouldn't want to "spoil" that feeling by mixing it with guy clothes.

Once or twice I have tried going out wearing jeans and a T-shirt with panties underneath. But they're pretty unisex clothing anyway, so on those occasions I could imagine myself as secretly being Marianne although I looked like a normal guy to anyone I ran into. But it's not a habit of mine.

Also when I say "all or nothing" that's not entirely true, because often at home if I can't be bothered to "dress" I'll simply slip on a skirt and panties and nothing else. But again that's the "feminine Me," without anything male to compromise it.

I guess we're all different!