Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on underdressing

Thoughts on underdressing

As someone with is on a T Spectrum, generally I like to dress properly and go out. Alas due to a number of complications this is not something that happens nearly as much as I like. On rare occasions such as today, I get a strong urge to underdress, and will put on some panties under my work clothes. I have never really understood why this works for me. I kind of thought it was a way of connecting to my feminine side, but then today I had a bit of an epiphany.

I was sitting in a coffeeshop doing some emails this morning and a middle aged women sat at the table next to me and that when it hit me, we were both wearing panties, just for a moment I felt connected to her, sort of like one woman to another... and I felt really good...

Hope that makes sense to some of you... I would love to hear others experiences with underdressing, particularly those who don't do it often.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hi Becky Blue.
    I underdress nearly all the time nowadays wearing panties and or tights with my boys tucked away nicely. I just can't stop doing it - it feels so right for me.
    I get what you're saying about the coffee shop situation or similar. Wondering sometimes if the woman knows with her female intuition.
    I love driving underdressed too.
    I do it at work, at home - anywhere & anytime I can. It just feels normal now.
    So happy continuous underdressing. ��
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-23-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: There is absolutely no need to quote the Opening Post

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't underdress. I feel it has to be all or nothing though on rare occasions I have worn tights under my trousers. I have done so in the past but always felt it was like half doing something, obviously that's just my opinion. I suppose in my head not wearing stuff every day makes it a little bit more special when I do.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 11-23-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My opportunities to dress are rare. But I do periodically get opportunities to underdress. So there have been plenty of times when I have gone about my business wearing panties all day an in cooler weather, panties, bra and perhaps a camisole and pantyhose. I guess I have always described myself as “CD Lite” anyway, so underdressing is pretty much as fem as I will get outside of the privacy of my home.

I agree with Diane. I have tried but it just doesn't do it for me. I think part of the reason is because honestly, the type of women's underwear i prefer to wear are not the most comfortable thing to wear for 8 hrs a day if you know what I mean...

Besides summer I would believe after work I wear panties and pantyhose almost everyday, when we go to a mall or stores I usally don't wear socks and I guess I get a little thrill knowing when I'm walking or sitting and alittle pantyhose is showing. I love the feel of silky panties and pantyhose rubbing against my jeans, it definitely gives me a connection with my fem side, and when in malls and seeing women wearing pantyhose it feels like we have something in common. Believe it or not my wife likes when I take little risk and she loves that shes the only one who knows what I'm wearing under. I love underdressing.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    in 2014 I started delivering mail. I was suffering in the cold and so I wore some insulated underwear bottoms. They were very uncomfortable. I remembered from a movie something about how warm pantyhose were for their thin size. I had of course always been interested in them but only very occasionally worn them. I bought a pair of wine colored footed tights and started wearing them for work. Not only were they far more comfortable than the insulated underwear but far less bulky, and much warmer. Then there was the added bonus of how I felt every morning pulling the tights up my legs.

My wife was understanding about me wearing them for work and surprised me one day by bringing home a pair with the package that said, "Women's Fashion Tights." I started wearing them all the time at home.

Not much later while in Gordman's while she was shopping I was checking out male underwear and there was a pair of Reebok running briefs. They essentially look like panties, no flap, no big waistband. I was literally amazed and had to have them. She was surprised I wanted such girly looking underwear, but was fine with it.

Fast forward a few years. Most of my undies are now either male style bikini or actual panties and I've started wearing the full blown feminine panites to work most days, my wife seems to have gotten used to it. it's become pretty normal for me and I tend to forget about it, yet still find them very comforting to wear and occasionally remember I'm wearing them throughout the day which always seems to give me a mild sense of relief.

I do not wear bras very often though, never at work, and only occasionally around the house. I'd like to find a less noticeable one and wear it more often.

Becky Blue, underdressing is one of my enjoyment too, Bra, panties, some make up.

It makes me feel in a female connection and put me in a happier mood.

I should try pantyhose , haven't used them in a while.

Hello Becky
    That's funny i was in COSTA this morning having a coffee and i was under dress and smiling every now and then that i was wearing knickers and a bra but the smile were not just
    for today it was for Tuesday this week were i was dress and walking around the town.
    normal i just wear knickers every day

Carolyn

Good question Becky. For me it is the thinness, the fabric, and just the idea of wearing the most intimate things that women wear. I think the tightness is a factor in the comfort as well. It tends to almost do away with the sensations produced by the three amigos when in men's underwear. Panties are not good for your sperm count, but at this point that is the least of my concerns. It is an interesting phenomenon that whether male or female we tend to make a big deal about underwear. I have always wondered why some women often wear really sexy panties when nobody ever sees them unless one gets up close and personal. I think it is just the idea of having them on - the "I've got a secret" factor. Why do some men wear boxers and some wear briefs and why is style even important for something that is almost always hidden? Maybe it is just appealing to something subconscious or at least semi conscious. I really don't think people do that just in case they get lucky, but maybe subconsciously that is a factor.

Funny you should ask... Yesterday I wore a bra and camisole to work. I've always worn panties for years, but the heavier clothing for winter months allowed me to wear more. Once I considered it while dressing in the morning I knew I had to do it. The only thing I can't get away with is a slip because I bend over a lot and it may escape and fluff out of my backside.
    As for as the actual wearing of them yesterday, it felt good to be reminded once in a while that I was wearing them. Oh, I left the breastforms at home, too obvious as well.

Gold Member
    I have been under dressing for years. Panties for over 12 years now,
    And a bra for over 4 years; along with fem jeans.
    I feel that since I could never pass, this is a way I can dress and still not
    be noticed.
    Rader

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    How do you know the woman was wearing panties? Maybe she was underdressing too.😅
    As I don't own any men's underwear I am always underdressed, it used to give me a thrill but now it's just normal.

Aspiring Member
    I am with Majella on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    As I don't own any men's underwear I am always underdressed, it used to give me a thrill but now it's just normal.
    I wear bra, panties, and thigh-high stockings every dat to work. The stockings do add warmth in the cold office and when I am out in the factory.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've switched to panties only. I even have some that are fairly androgynous for doctor visits. They're comfortable and it's something I don't think much about anymore.
    For some reason, though, I don't particularly care for wearing a bra without forms so I'll underdress with A-cup pals occasionally.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I love winter because it’s the season I underdress most of the time. I wear a bra under my shirt and sweater which hides the bra and pantyhose. I wear lipstick that is perfectly matched to my natural lip colour.

For me, a lot of it's that old children's taunt, "I know something you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I agree with Diane. I have tried but it just doesn't do it for me. I think part of the reason is because honestly, the type of women's underwear i prefer to wear are not the most comfortable thing to wear for 8 hrs a day if you know what I mean...
    I used to have some of those kind of panties. But since I go out alot, I've switched to more comfortable panties that I can wear all day. Now my only decision is to wear panties that I can feel all day long, one ones that are so comfortable that I actually forget that I'm wearing them.

A few years ago, I would wear panties every day. But, I go to yoga three times a week after work and always wear women's yoga pants. I don't mind being that girly dude at yoga class, but I don't want to out myself. I wear my tighty whities because I think there will be a visible panty line under may yoga pants. Also, since I'm doing a lot of bending and stretching, I can't guarantee that my panties wouldn't peak out above the waistline.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have been wearing panties and hose under my trousers for so many years it's gotten to the point where it feels "wrong" to wear anything else.

Becky, I have similar complications about going out...another story. Underdressing is an important, every day happening...always panties and some type of hose. I only occasionally wore a bra. Recently, however, I’ve developed a strong “need” to wear a bra. I now wear a bra everyday. It’s now a part of my underneath ensemble. I feel like something is missing when I don’t or can’t wear a bra. And, yes, I feel even more “connected” with my supportive wife. When she buys lingerie, she includes me. We wear many of the same brands. I, recently bought a lovely bra, told her how comfortable it was...she just laughed, but also bought one and loves it. It’s nice knowing we’re wearing the same things..underneath. And, do I wonder what other women are wearing underneath. Three guesses..lol

I wear panties every day of the week, so I don't even consider that under dressing. I've been wearing panties everyday for around 15 years now.
    During the cooler/colder months I do enjoy wearing thigh highs to keep my legs warmer, plus since my coat will hide me wearing a bra I also enjoy that too. While I am wearing my sexier bra/panties out in public I do wonder how many GG's are wearing just plain boring bra and panties or are they wearing something sexier.

I've been wearing only panties for the last 12 years so I don't really think you can say that I'm underdressing.
    Sometimes on the weekends in the fall/winter I do wear pantyhose under jeans/slacks, but I never wear anything more. I don't get any thrill from wearing a bra under male clothing. I think that's just asking to be discovered.
    When I come home from work and whenever I go out I fully dress as it's the me I feel is more real these days. The closet is a thing of the past except as a place to keep my clothing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My therapist encourages underdressing. That's all I need to know!

I almost never underdress. About a year ago I thought I would give it a fairly serious try and wore panties for about two weeks. In the end, I found it too distracting and I had a hard time concentrating on my work. Now a days, I’ll do it mostly as a bit of an extension of my Julie time. For example, if I had a really good daytime dressing session at home and it needs to end, because of life, I might wear panties for the evening just for fun. Another example is associated with my first time out. I had it planned for during an out of town trip, so I wore panties on the plane and the rest of the day while thrift shopping and exploring the town in drab. It was fun and never let me forget what I planning to do over the next few days.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I kind of thought it was a way of connecting to my feminine side, but then today I had a bit of an epiphany.

I was sitting in a coffeeshop doing some emails this morning and a middle aged women sat at the table next to me and that when it hit me, we were both wearing panties, just for a moment I felt connected to her, sort of like one woman to another... and I felt really good...

Hope that makes sense to some of you...
    This makes total sense to me. If you accept that you're transgender (and you apparently do) then you have that predisposition that makes you feel happy when you do something that aligns to the gender you are. You happened to notice the moment you snapped into a closer alignment. That's an awesome thing.

Over the course of my becoming who I am I've had that feeling from things as simple as wearing a ring. Jewelry of any kind was frowned upon when I was growing up and learning to mimic male behavior. Putting on a ring -- even a "man approved" Boy Scout ring, which is what it was -- triggered a sense of connection to the me I wanted to be. Yes, as years passed I went though an underdressing phase but honestly that sense of connection came even when I did other things. (I remember a friend getting testy with me because I used Clearasil over my whole face, like a foundation, instead of just on my acne spots. I claimed it worked better, but honestly I was doing it because I was getting that connected-to-me feeling when I did.)

Great insight.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

@Sarah_hillcrest: I'm pretty sure I read or heard somewhere that pantyhose is an acknowledged solution by male motorbike riders for protection from the cold.

- Lydianne.