Thread: Giving Thanks for Being What I Am

Giving Thanks for Being What I Am

I’ve had almost 2 years to ponder the facts of my new life.
    It has been a most curious learning experience. A journey of self awareness, and it continues today.

Thankful for being transgender. This is not a curse. It is a blessing.
    Many would not consider it so. It is not easy to live out as CD/TG. It is not easy living off the path of the mainstream. It comes with cost. BUT...
    I almost pity those with but one side of the binary gender divide to their lives.

I live in between. Not entirely female because I have a male body. Not entirely male because I have a female mind and soul. I am transgender, capable of embracing all the aspects of being a complete human being.

I had a great run as a “man”, living in a man’s world; and I still enjoy the victory lap of a successful “male” life. I am proud of what I did and who I am and was. I also cherish the feminine qualities I have, and look forward to the new life it brings. The duality makes me complete.

The fact of re-discovering myself and re-inventing myself at such an advanced age is revitalizing and exciting. Most men (or women) would never dare entertain such change in maturity. To me it is life giving. For that I am thankful.

Recognizing my God given female qualities has made me whole. It has made me powerful for the woman within me is powerful. She has been my Grace and Bearing in the hardest of times; and I could no more deny Her than I could my own soul. I can call upon all the powers of my male-ness when needed; and bring forth the beauty of my femininity on demand. This is a gift.

No longer do I live in fear of discovery, being outted, mocked or punished for being who and what I am; a fully realized beautiful member of the human race. My transgender makes me stronger as a person. It expands my human experience. I consider it a benefit; an addition not a defect to my being.

To others, I have “gender issues”. To me, there is no issue. I’m proud and pleased to identify as transgender, having the privilege of living across both genders. I give thanks for the peace of better knowing, at long last; who and what dwells within me; and for the journey of discovery to unlock all my future potential as a person.
    Last edited by IleneD; 11-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

What a wonderful "Thanks" on Thanksgiving. Thanks! There is so much in your words that resonate with me and where I am at and where I may end up as I wonder down this lovely path.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 11-23-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Ilene, You are amazing , with confidence and the accomplishment you have acquired . You are a wonderful
    person and I admire you for your conviction and wish you the best for the future

Rayleen

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ilene, this is absolutely beautiful. It comes for me at a perfect time as I too am discovering a late in life change too, as I move forward to transition. So much of what you write here I find in myself.
    Thank you and may you have many blessings going forward
    Rachael

I could not have said it better myself! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilene , That was a wonderful read, Thanks for sharing.

I feel that my Crossdressing lets me enjoy the best of Both Worlds. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Once you reach that point, make that realization about who you really are, life becomes so much fuller. So much more exciting, so much worth living. A day used to be just another day. Now it is either a Kandi day or I am thinking about and/or preparing for one. It shapes my attitude toward life and others.

I have so much to be thankful for, but the cherry on my sundae this day was reading this post. Bravo!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Ilene You Go Girl!!!!! great post and best of luck on your journey
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Many, many Thanks to you Ilene for writing one of the most beautiful expressions of the blessing of being gender-gifted that I have ever read.
    Like a lady

Ilene, I know that I will never transition, but my goal is to be as comfortable with my "in betweeness" as you are. Bravo!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    And many thanks to you, Ilene. That was wonderful.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda P. View Post
    ... the blessing of being gender-gifted ...
    Gender Gifted. I like that turn of a phrase. Good show, Linda.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    What a superbly written post. I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you.

Daisy

Awesome, simply awesome!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

A great post, and I couldn't agree more!

Aspiring Member
    Ilene,
    Many thanks for articulating the positives of being transgender. I can relate to many of the points you make in the post, but these two points hit home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    ...Thankful for being transgender. This is not a curse. It is a blessing....

My transgender makes me stronger as a person. It expands my human experience. I consider it a benefit; an addition not a defect to my being.
    I am very THANKFUL for this beautiful community as well!
    Michele

Ilene,
    Thanksgiving raises many thoughts to ponder, I hope Christmas is good for you also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Ilene, what a wonderful post! You've spoken for many of us!