Thread: Not as I had hoped

Not as I had hoped

Because of work schedules my family wasn't going to get together for Thanksgiving until this evening. I'd prefer a early dinner, but when you have family you make the best of what is thrown at you.

My wife had stated her old boss (since she can't work at the moment) was going to be at work by herself and wanted my wife to go out and visit with her all day. So I was thinking I would have all day to myself to dress. YEAH!

Daughter called in the morning and needed to borrow something but couldn't get over until around noon. Then when my wife got up, she had decided not to go visit with her boss.

Well I had bought a dress last week and it has been hanging up in my closet and I figured today would be a good day to wear it all day. My wife doesn't mind me dressing up, as long as it isn't in a dress even though I do have a couple (now 3) in my closet. I know I could wear a dress in front of her, but with all she has gone through this year, I don't want to do anything that might upset her.

I was about ready to get in the shower when my wife told me she wanted to see her boss for a couple hours. So I took her out to her old work and rushed back so I could at least try on the dress and take a picture or two.

20171123_155809_002.jpg

Aspiring Member
    Glad you got the chance to try on that dress.

It's funny how plans change all the time that scupper the little hopes we have of dressing sometimes.

Fingers crossed you get another chance soon.

Miss S

Platinum Member
    Hi HMG , Any chance you get to dress is worth every minute of it,
    That is a lovely dress.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Why can't you just wait until she's asleep, then dress. Then you can do it every day of the week.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've never planned on dressing on T Day or Xmas. And, never will!

Why did have your mind so set on dressing TODAY, Guy!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Why did have your mind so set on dressing TODAY, Guy!?
    I had my mind set on it because even though my wife supports me and my dressing, she isn't thrilled with me wearing a dress. With the health issues she has had this year, I just try not to add any more stress to her.

I just figured that yesterday with her wanting to visit with her old boss that it would be a perfect time to enjoy dressing in my new dress.