Thread: This Country Gal is going Big City in a big way.

Post This Country Gal is going Big City in a big way.

Yeah, it's been quite a while since I was on here last.

I have a LOT going on now.

First, I will be moving in with my GF in New York at the beginning of December this year. I flew up there the last week of September and spent the best week of my life there. My GF noticed the big difference in me between there and here. She has told me that she was amazed at how relaxed into my Transition I was when I was up there with her and how bad things are for me down here.

At the same time I move, I will be going full time. I will also begin my Legal name change in January after I have settled in.

When I move, I will be meeting my Ex for the first time since she left. I will be delivering the rest of her stuff when I move. That means that I will be traveling a little over 30 hours to get to New York. The extra time will be due to the stop in Oklahoma and having my Dog next to me for company. He will need extra stops.

In the process of getting ready to move, I've been able to take care of my medical transfer from the VA Facility here to the one I will be going to up there remotely. I'm looking so forward to working with the Women's clinic there.

When I spoke with the Program Manager at the Clinic in New York, she told me that they had a lot more programs than what was available for me here. She said that even though all of the VA Facilities are part of the same 'Company"; every one of them had their own separate programs and policies.

Life here almost reached a critical mass for me. I noticed, just after Halloween, the very subtle discrimination at work. Unfortunately, due to the subtle nature of it I can do NOTHING legal about it. Neither can I do anything about it within the Company Policies or grievance procedures.

The only thing I can do is let them think they won. When in reality I will be the winner. My prize will be no longer hiding the real me any more. Which will be so nice, considering I hid from myself for so much of my life.

I won't lie. My head is totally spinning right now, and I'm nervous as hell. It seams like for the past few weeks, I have those WTF moments with amazing regularity. However, thanks to the hormones, I remain focused on what I need to do. I notice my own strength more and more every day with every step I take in my Transition.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Congratulations! New York City or New York State? Either way, it sounds like an exciting, growth-filled year coming up. Best of luck!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Emma good luck to you in New York and your transition.

Emma, Good luck to you and your gf. New York is a really big city. the rest of the state is great also.
    Part Time Girl

I hope everything is what you hope for.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

LOL.

To clarify. I'm actually moving to Long Island. Manhattan is just a 45 minute train ride from where I'm moving to.

And thank you all. I'm nervous, excited, and relieved all at once about this.

I don't think I will ever feel ready enough for this. But, ready or not; I'm on my way in about a week now.
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Long Island can shift from very accepting to way past conservative depending on the area.
    Get your elbows sharpened and you'll do fine

Best of luck to you, Emma! You'll do well.

Thank you everyone. I'm settling in very well now. My dog is settling in better than I expected. I already feel like I'm home.

Had an interesting adventure getting here.

I finally get onto Long Island and I get pulled over somewhere in Queens. The Officer informs me that the truck I'm driving isn't allowed on the road that Google Maps had taken me onto. He was very understanding and helped me reprogram my route on Google Maps. I saved it and started to continue on to my destination. Well, for some reason Google Maps automatically rerouted me back to where I couldn't go

I asked several people for directions to no avail. I even had my fiancee's Mother on the phone trying to help me.

Eventually I just had to stop and just wait for my Fiancee and her Mother to come and get me so I could follow them the rest of the way.

We made it alright and in one piece.

Rachael, my Fiancee has already informed me of that. She's lived here pretty much all her life.
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 12-14-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Has nothing to fear

Rock meet Hard Place.

Congratulations Emma! I sincerely hope you'll be able to settle quickly into your new life and that everything works out well for you and your GF. Take care.

Rian x