Thread: Do you now feel this way?

Do you now feel this way?

To all frequent and full-time CDer's.

I consider myself as a full-time CDer even though most say I'm just a MAID. I wear 4' high heels and a skirt everyday to the office. On weekends, I'll still wear skirts and sometimes the more comfortable 2' to 3' heels. If going out for the evening, it's the 4' or higher high heels.

Granted, I have only been wearing 4' high heels daily for now about 8 months. Before, say a year ago, when helping the wife with some simple house cleaning chores I would wear a skirt and some 4" high heels. Yesterday (Thanksgiving) and today I took off from work as we had a few projects that could wait and it's not a holiday here in Germany. I told the wife I would do some house cleaning, while off. She came home early form her office and started laughing when she saw me vacuuming. I could not figure out what she thought was so funny. When I asked her what was so freaking funny and she replied that she never thought she would see the day that I would be vacuuming or doing housework without wearing my high heels. Sure enough, I was wearing a skirt, t-shirt and some cross trainers.

Now, the question is, do some of you that have the need to wear high heels or to dress fulltime, wear/dress less often the more you do it? Maybe I am starting to realize why most women hate wearing heels. I don't think I'll ever hate wearing high heels, but I do sometime look forward to putting on something a bit more comfortable when I can.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

If I am wearing a dress, especially with hosiery, I am most certainly wearing heels also. Sometimes I will wear flats, if the SO is still sleeping as to not wake her, but they usually get replaced with heels at some point. heels are just as important as the hosiery is to my dressing. I would probably go shoe less more often but we have hard wood floors and I don't like the thought of ruining hosiery.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Martha,

One of my wife's fears is that my urges will get stronger and I will dress more often. I have said that for all I know (and I can't garuntee it) if I'm given the freedom in time I may actually dress less.

Knowing I can freely wear what I want when I want (within the reasonable boundaries of home/work life) may mean there is less intensity to wear the finer things (heels, full on make up etc).

But there again it might not, but I do think you have a point.

There is an age old saying something along the lines about the more you can't have the more you want. Well I think this is also true in the reverse on occasions.

Banned Read only
    Martha,
    I compromise and wear heeled wedges, going full time is going to mean a rethink on clothes and shoes .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Martha, I consider myself a CD not a TS. Because I only dress up for special occasions. Like going out to a T girls event or for a camera shoot. I don't ever dress part way and would no more consider dressing to go to work, shopping, or to do house work than I would to change the oil in my car or remodel a spare room! In my mind, only TS's do that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    i’m not 24/7 anymore, but I think I can respond from experience. I suppose that for “us” there is something about the symbolic nature of women’s attire. Whether its the heels themselves, perhaps the shape of the calf. It sends us a message of ‘woman’. Similarly, the curve of the waist, swell of the breast, full lips or the arch of an eyebrow.

But, sometimes practicality wins. I wouldn’t want to walk a cross a lawn in heels.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    I'm not sure which is worse a soft lawn or coarse gravel, I've done both , gravel can cause some serious damage to heels !

Platinum Member
    I might add cobblestone to that list!

as I've gotten older and my knees have gotten more arthritic, my heels have gotten lower

GGs don't always wear heels, so why should we. I agree with Audrey, as I age the heels get lower and ballet flats become more preferred.

Yes but heels make you feel so sexy .....!

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I feel guilty I've gone the other way if you recall the picture of the fuchsia pink ones with 5" heels , I certainly should know better at my age !

Sheila,
    At 5" they make me feel more like a dizzy blond !!

I believe that the more one dresses en femme over a longer period of time, they will eventually start dressing more to be en femme and comfortable (shoes especially) when not going out to more formal (but not formal) places like good restaurants, wine bars, theaters and special shows. However, at the beginning from what I see on this site, heels seem to be mandatory for some when dressed. Heels look good in many situations, but are not necessary and sometimes not appropriate in most others. Just sit in a Starbucks in the morning when people are stopping in to get their morning caffeine fix and you will only see the women who going to a more formal workplace wearing heels. When you see someone coming in wearing jeans and heels, you can see a lot of people looking at their presentation. I have no idea what the others think about what they see. But some do look versus ignore the better dressed ladies.

So, I think it will diminish over time as one gets comfortable being out dressed and realize that heels are not always necessary.

My desire to wear heels sort of disappeared once I found other female appropriate footwear. Le dame has had some flat shoes up to a size 15, and they fit my feet if I wear stockings (bulky socks, I'm still out of luck). For me, it's just that I feel the need to remove as many reminders as I can that might indicate that I am male or wearing any male attire. As I lean towards adolescent/teen girl clothes, I can wear generic white sneakers, penny loafers, and that sort of thing with my girl clothes. As I'm pretty huge, 50's through 70's era men's full size watches even appear to be female watch size when on my wrists, so that helps, too. I almost picked up a cute pair of size 15 furry boots like the kind I used to see girls wearing with jeans back in the 70's, but someone else on ebay outbid me. And of course, I have never seen another pair in my size, ever, anywhere.
    Back on topic. I do most of my chores & clean my home while wearing a maid's uniform, simple white socks, and plain white lace up sneakers. It just......feels right. I think perhaps the image of the housewife vacuuming the house while wearing her high heels is probably more from the TV shows of that era, because I don't remember my mom, neighbor, friends moms, aunt, well nobody wearing heels when doing any sort of housework. Maybe the rich housewives did while having servants to do the housework? Every woman I've even know well takes her heels off as soon as she walks in the door of her home; even the ones that claim that their heels are actually comfortable.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The more you dress the less desire there is to dress extremely.

I think it is part of the "been there, done that" syndrome.

Eventually you find sensible and appropriate ways to dress for all occasions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I can't wait to get out of a pair of heels.
    Unlike some here I don't need heels/a bra or womens clothes to feel feminine I just am feminine on the inside.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-24-2017 at 07:29 PM.

After I started going out somewhat frequently, any desire I had to dress around the house pretty much evaporated. Now, the only reason I would put on a dress at home is if I'm trying to put together an appropriate outfit for a future outing. And I don't buy clothes anymore that can't be worn in public. I do make an exception of sorts for heels, since at least for me, constant practice is required to walk comfortably and confidently in them, so I wear them as much as I can both inside and outside the house.

- Diane

I’m nowere near that continuous level of dressing so I don't have an insight, but the idea of you getting to the point of not wearing heels for the ease of a situation sounds pretty perfect to me, almost like its not crossdressing anymore, you have transcended to just being dressed, very next level sort of thing.

I hope to be there myself some day.

I've been living this way for almost two years now. Most of the time I wear heels or wedges, with a skirt or dress. Lately I have been wearing skinny jeans more.

Four inch heels feel normal. Flats feel like I'm walking up hill or something.

The outfit I wore yesterday called for red tennis shoes.

That and it is winter, it's supposed to be 80 degrees today. LOL here they think 60 is cold.