Thread: A bit more acceptance!

A bit more acceptance!

My wife was unaccepting in the recent past, but has slowly given in and allowed me some girly stuff.

The other day she came to me and said she wanted to talk, of course one's head goes in all different directions when you hear that! We sat down and asked me if I could do better with putting away and hiding my small collection of girly stuff and high heels. She was concerned because a friend that was visiting stepped in to my office to toss some thing in the garbage, (pretty much my personal space), and my wife was not sure how "clean" it was. (It is not unusual to find my high heels on the floor or some skimpy undies hanging on the chair!) I mentioned putting things in the dresser in our bedroom, but she was not happy with that as someone could take a look. I mentioned I could add a lock to a cabinet in my home office, and put my stuff in there. She thought that was a great idea. I added the lock, and showed her where the key was so she could toss my stuff in the cabinet if I forgot. She was very happy with the solution. It is not high security, but it should keep the casual visitor from finding my stash!

One more step in the right direction!

"Someone could take a look", in YOUR dresser???? What sort of people do you allow in your home that would snoop through your bedroom furniture?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

It is not high security
    Not high security? Sounds like high security for a pair of undies and some heels to me lol. But on a serious note, it's good you two came to a compromise which works for both of you.

Yes, I agree it is unlikely, but my wife was concerned, so I came up with a different solution. I asked her when the last time was that someone was snooping in our dressers or closets, never! I was not going to argue, she lets me indulge so I don't have any issues with helping her be a bit more happy with it all. We all know the saying, when mama is happy....

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Not high security? Sounds like high security for a pair of undies and some heels to me lol. But on a serious note, it's good you two came to a compromise which works for both of you.
    There is a quite a bit more than heels and a pair of undies! ;-)

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    You did the right thing. At least by allowing a secure store you know for sure that she accepts that you are partaking in this 'interest' and has no intention of trying to stop you or expecting it to stop one day. Many on this forum would give their right breastform for even that level of acceptance. So with the knowledge it is safe to continue, as time goes by the whole dressing thing will become more and more normalised and less of a problem for her in the future. Smile, the future is bright and slowly turning pink!

My wife is accepting of my crossdressing with a few limites. We each have our own bedroom which gives me a lot of freedom since we each respect each other's privacy
    We live in a very spacious 1400 square foot two bedroom two bath apartment. I have both male and female clothing in my dresser and my closet. When we have guest my bedroom becomes the guest bedroom. I would hate to think about a 'friend' who we have invited to stay in our house would go snooping in my dresser or closet, so I don't worry about it. If I every find out they have snooper they will not be invited back

Hiding my stash has more to do with keeping my wife happy than worrying about someone finding it.

If she wanted it all locked away in a steel safe with a combination lock I would do it.

Gun safes are perfect for that .... a little pricey, though...

"Honey, that's an intriguing perfume you have on."

"It's Hobbes Gun Oil, dear."

"Oh ... are you trying to attract hunters?"
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

The thing is: Snoops can be anyone and very seldom will be caught.
    Snooping may have nothing to do with seeing if you have lingerie in your dresser.
    Legitimate looking or searching may look like snooping.

The real issue for me is to be careful where I put my stuff. My non-accepting wife almost found my dress and slip when I hid them with my suits, she was looking for her winter coat and i diverted her attention just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    "Someone could take a look", in YOUR dresser???? What sort of people do you allow in your home that would snoop through your bedroom furniture?
    My step daughter lives with us. She has been eating everything in sight. I brought home some Pepperidge Farm cookies. Wanting to actually have them later, I threw them in my sock draw. Did not even open the bag. The next day I went get them and all but one cookie was gone. I know it wasn't my fiancee, she hates white chocolate. I now have a combo lock on my bedroom door.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I use the second bedroom in our condo as my office. Half the closet is filled with my dresses, tops, skirts, shoes etc., and there's usually several skirts and tops folded on the end table. All of which no one has ever seen my wife wear. The ensuite bathroom drawers have underwear, nylons etc.

We frequently have friends and family over, who are in and out of the office and bathroom at times. My wife stopped worrying about it a long time ago, and I really don't care if anyone sees it. Yet for all the traffic no one has ever paid the slightest attention to any of it. If they did they certainly haven't said anything, and my group of friends probably would. It seems to me that whether it`s visitors at home, or people on the street, I`m surprised how unobservant most people are.