Thread: How do you keep your Hidden Stash respectable?

How do you keep your Hidden Stash respectable?

When my SO freaked last year when I told her about "my cross-dressing" I Purged half my stuff.
    About 40 dresses some pumps, wigs, under garments, breast forms, etc.

Sometimes I worry (now that I'm older) that if I die unexpectedly my son or other family member will find my stash and think differently about me.

My uncle was rumored to have been a cross-dresser and most of the comments I hear about him are negative.

I wish the cross-dressing wasn't so frowned upon by most, it's kind of stuck in my head. Even I got rid of everything I'll still think about dressing.
    Just hearing the word dress drives me crazy. Maybe I can be fixed like in "ClockWork Orange"

Back to the Question, How or can you make a Stash reflect you as not being, lets say (out of the norm)? or is everything the norm?

Can I throw people off the idea that it's my stash by putting some made up name on the boxes?

"This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Aspiring Member
    I would leave a sealed note explaining all your thoughts about it and leave it at the bottom of your stash. I am out to my SO but I have such a note in my underwear collecrion, just in case.

And you are worried about some clothes ? Think about people in the kink world with a whole toy chest stuffed full !

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    One simple answer come out to them all and you have solved your problem . It's only frowned upon because it has to stayed hidden.

OK there is a big difference I need the clothes , shoes etc . because I will be taking them with me to dress as I choose . You shouldn't have to feel you need fixing, do you feel you are broken ? Maybe you have been brainwashed to believe this .

My daughter loves some of my clothes , she may even borrow some of them , that is a wonderful feeling of acceptance .

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yep, Teresa. And that's what I've been doing very slowly. Oh, my daughter thinks it's wonderful, also.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    My wife is a aware of my desire to wear women's clothing. However, she is not aware of the extent of my wardrobe. There is a large box in my nightstand. It contains many of my initial purchases. They are all lingerie items; panties, bras and slips. The rest of my wardrobe which includes tons of bras, panties, slips, 159 dresses, heels and wigs is in 18+ Xerox boxes sitting in plain sight in a converted garage to a recreation/storage room. She is not aware of any of it or so I believe because there is no evidence the boxes have been opened. The stacks are higher than her five foot two body. She'd be crushed if the boxes fell over. If I predecease her I hope she will donate all the stuff. I really pity that because one of the things she is ghastly afraid of is somebody else finding out about my cross dressing. If she predeceases me I suppose I will start disposing of a lot of the garments. Frankly, I have too much. Since my wife and I wear the same size (misses XL, 16-18) I can be left with an amount I can hang in the back of the closet. Perhaps, my kids will think dad just could not bear to part with everything mom had. That in itself would be true. Now if we are both killed in an accident, then I guess the cat would be out of the bag. My son and daughter will just have to weigh me on the scales of life and make a judgement call.

Judy,if I had a wife like your wife I would love it if my stash was revealed. It probably would drive her nuts speculating all the relatives thought she was a participants. Heck, I'd leave some notes in the stash saying "My wife forced me to be a sissy!" With her overbearing personality I bet they'd fall for it!

Judy,
    I have mine in a storage locker. When I die I expect at some point the bill won't be paid and it will be sold off. I'm dealing with the estate of an uncle who recently passed and I can tell you that whomever has to deal with that is more focused on getting everything done, donated, sold, etc.. and won't pay too much attention to more clothing. Especially if you have a wife. I've debated writing a note and keeping it with my things but haven't worked up the nerve to do it yet.

Patti

Gold Member
    First thing, I live alone, so I do not have to hide anything.
    BUT, I often wonder what will happen when I pass away, My Daughter know's nothing about
    my dressing, and when she walk's into my house and finds all the fem clothes, I shudder to
    think what she will think of me.
    Rader

imho, I agree with Charlotte7. although my daughter is fully on board, my wife also knows and is kinda' "DADT" I think the note is an excellent idea... again for me. be safe all Karrin

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    If I die suddenly I have made it know there is a very good holiday in my wardrobes and I would expect everything to go on Ebay I really do not care what they think about me once I go, I will be stone cold dead!

My wife knows so if this came up, she would quietly get rid of things. If we both weren't there? My family knows I don't care what they think of me, so, not an issue.

Stephanie, Like you, i have way too many dresses, skirts, tops, and other things. I have quit crossdressing for now, and plan on donating most of my stash to charity, as if i get hurt bad, or killed , my brother , who is very anti gay, would find out and consider me, what he always suspected, of being effeminate or gay, and i would never hear the end of the ridicule form him, or his twin in prison, or my sister, and others who know me. I have a feeling i may pass away fairly soon, so i am giving all or most of my things away. My religion forbids dressing too, and i just need to stop, and get rid of all my thousands of photos and videos too. Trying to nurture my sad old bachelor guy self now, before he is no more.

Silver Member
    "Death, unexpectedly" .. I posted this on Jan. 8, 2016. There was a wealth of responses. If you are concerned about being found to be a CDer after you pass away, there may be info in the replies that will be of interest to you.

Aspiring Member
    Must be the pink fog running around. I spent four hours today getting ALL of my crossdressing clothes ( not heels), out of the basement and sorted them in my bedroom. I could very easily open my own clothing store. 34 long sleeve, knee length dresses, 28 body con dresses, (btw - all in black), etc. My whole bedroom, hallway, etc was filled with dresses, skirts, tops, jeans, bridesmaid/wedding/evening gowns,etc. If I had to guess well over 150 items of clothing. Most of them I have kept in space bags to reduce the volume required to store all of them. I had to go out and get more space bags. I store my collection in a box that formally held a 36" tube television and in a couple of duffle bags that I keep the absolute very best of my collection so I can wear them during the month. I had lots of great memories as I sorted through all of my clothing.

I too have thought what would happen if I died tomorrow and my wife/daughter found all the whole collection. Oh, I forgot to mention I have probably close to 100 pairs of heels stored in another large box. I know my wife would be very upset since she found about my crossdressing years ago and we were in therapy for two years. I purged everything when she found out. LOTS of great outfits/heels went to the landfill. I would LOVE to convert the basement into my closet and put up racking, etc and have my entire collection available. But that is not going to happen.

So for me, it is using space bags to compress the storage and keep it all together in one area to keep it respectable. I just have an addicition to LBD and sexy women's clothing.

I really don't care what people will think of me after I'm dead......because I'll be dead. I left a letter to a few people to be given to them after I die, if I should predecease them. But as things are going, they'll all die before me. I have a 'DNR' living will form in an envelope at the entrance to my home for any paramedics should they be the first ones to arrive, also with an explanation of what they will find.

Respectable? If they find it and I'm still alive? Then I'll simply tell them the story of my life, and how I wound up like this. And if they don't like it, too bad. It's not like it's my fault or anything. Let 'em go argue with the guy who molested me all those years, my parents, and my sister.....oh, right, THEY'RE ALL DEAD ALREADY TOO.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

All of my stuff is scattered everywhere. Most of the clothes sit at the very back of the closet, behind several old jackets and other cold-weather clothes I hardly ever use. My underwear, makeup, earrings, some clothing articles and a wig are in a duffle bag under my side of the bed. I have another wig in the top back of the closet. I own 5 pairs of boots (no other shoes) - two of them sit in the shoe rack with my wife's boots, two others (a pair of thigh-highs and a pair of old-style western lace-ups) are in the back bottom of my closet, and a pair of knee-high flats is behind a chair that's next to my chest of drawers. My breast forms are in the back of the drawer where I keep my long underwear, and there's some older clothes and an older wig in the attic.
    I'm not sure how everything got so scattered, but everything has its place and I know where it all is.
    If anything were to happen, my wife would quietly get rid of everything so my son, daughter and father wouldn't find out.

Meh, If I go my instructions are take all of my girl stuff and donate it to the local trans support community. Except my Moondust eyeshadow and Kat Von D Foundation those go in the casket with me
    Last edited by nikkim83; 11-27-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

I have all my stuff in one place, but I am in need of more space. I am getting ready to build Angie a new closet just for her. I need a shoe rack desperately.

I am getting ready for a short trip and today I started to pack and going through my girl clothes and deciding what I am going to take I found that my suitcase was 95% Angie and 5% male. The funny thing is that I don't plan on having that much Angie time, we girls always over pack!

As I am by myself, not too worried about my stash. Since I often do yardsales here, there are boxes of clothes/shoes/purses lying about. Some is donations from neighbors. Outside of the makeup, might not look suspicious. Now the photo files on this computer might be another story! Toni G..

Banned Read only
    Why would I care? I will be dead after all.

I am out to my wife so it's no big deal, but even if I wasn't I still would not worry about it. I really don't understand the fascination with death we as a society seem to have. After seeing my mother spend thousands on my step fathers funeral. I told my wife once I am dead I don't really care what you do with the body, I am through with it and not coming back, we agreed on cremation.