Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here, Looking to Share Thoughts and Opinions

New Here, Looking to Share Thoughts and Opinions

Well, I was going to make my inaugural post yesterday but after spending about an hour typing out a very long background about myself my browser crashed and I didn’t have the energy to re type everything ATM. Let’s try this again. First off, I’ve always loved the look and feel of women’s clothes vs the boring stuff boys are always stuck with. As a teenager I started wearing a lot of women’s clothes semi disguised as a ‘goth phase’ but the truth is I just preferred how I looked and how they fit. Well, when I reached about 17 or 18 I left it all behind because i guess I just felt the pressure to ‘be normal’. Throughout the years I’ve always considered dressing up again and trying to pass. For one thing, I’m a small guy at 5’3 with a slender frame and natural long hair (all my heroes growing up were rock stars) and I actually regularly get mistaken for a woman quite often as it is. Right now when I got out I usually wear women’s jeans and I have a couple of women’s jackets that fit far better than any men’s clothing I’ve tried. Next step is probably a little make up. I actually don’t currently have any desire to wear a dress or lingerie, so I guess I’m actually pretty modest. I do however love skin tight pants, knee high boots, and long sweaters. Since I’m new here, I was also wondering if I posted any pics I could get some feedback because currently I’ve never really talked with anyone about my CDing and I’d love to hear some thoughts and opinions. Thanks so much for listening!

Gold Member
    Welcome to the forum; glad you found us.
    This is the place to get information and make new friends.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome nice to have you with us.
    Sure post pics so we can properly meet you. Read the rules about posting pics first.
    Being a guitar tech and roadie lots of my hero's were rockers.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-26-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Welcome to the forum MusicMeister..
    Part Time Girl

Hi and - your pic is beautiful!

----------
    Moderator's Note: I apologize for hijacking this post, but I had to delete the post immediately before this post which had a link to a picture which was stored on a site that triggered a malicious site warning. I've also had to delete a post by Mysterious Nina which quoted that link. At the moment I'm assuming the link was not an intentional security breach. It seems like the intent may have been to make the photo look like it was embedded in the post. If you want to embed a photo in a post, please use the Insert Image tool. If you want to refer to a photo off this site, please make sure it meets the requirements in the rules and use a standard link.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-26-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Explain disappearance of picture people are talking aobut

Silver Member
    "help sell the look?" MM, your natural beauty is something most of us can only dream about! You are adorable! You may not wish to dress any more then you do now, but I know you will want to do more, sooner or later. Its a natural progression, and you should! You would be the envy of almost every sister on this fantastic forum. BTW, welcome aboard! Once you feel the wonder of silk and satin, you'll be hooked. Its Christmas shopping time. Buy some gift lingerie for yourself and enjoy it! Let your next steps be big ones .. makeup, nail polish, shoes, etc.. How I wish I was in your shoes. Hugs!

Hi Music Meister and welcome. Awesome long natural! I had that until 20 years ago and cut it and never looked back. Too bad . anyways, don't feel you have to succumb to any pressures of what you "should" be doing. We're all different. You'll figure out what's right for you. Enjoy your time here.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Read only
    MusicMeister,
    Welcome to the forum .
    Losing stuff is annoying I wonder if you remembered to tick the remember me box when you fist logged on, that was my favourite trick and managed to lose threads. As you can see I've made up for in the number I've now clocked up.

Sorry not much to go on in your profile page so don't know your age or roughly where you're from .

You go out as you describe I assume a little shopping or the odd drive or walk , so you don't really need skirts or dresses, like many here that's my preference and of course some heels .

Makeup will come , I personally bit the bullet and walked into Boots (UK of course ) and asked for a skin colour check, the beautician was great and showed me how to apply foundation with a brush and then what powder colour to use and again how to apply it . She then went on to help me choose lipstick ,mascara and other essentials . OK this was in full view of passing customers but as I planned to go out socially I just sat back and enjoyed the moment . As for lingerie well if you wish to eventually wear a skirt or dress you may need to but some , I wear stockings so I wear a suspender belt and matching panties and usually a matching bra.

You are allowed to post pictures after ten posts , that soon passes then you can have some fun in the picture and video section.The point to remember is we are visible to the World so have a think who may be able to see your pictures, before you go ahead, that no longer bothers me as I'm hopefully going full time in the near future so I'll have to get use to more people seeing me .

I hope you stick around for a while ,there are some lovely people here and you will get some useful advice .

Platinum Member
    Hi Music Meister , Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home!

What ever questions you have there is a 99.875% chance
    that one or more of us will have an answer for you.

That is a lovely picture that you posted.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and to those who commented about my photo. Unfortunately my photo was deleted because I linked it from an image hosting site I believe? If a mod could tell me would it be alright to post a photo using another method or do I need to wait until I get more posts? Thanks so much in advance.

Edit: just read the moderator response below, thanks so much for the info

Where is this picture everybodies talking about?

Edit: just read below post. Oh ok then

MusicMeister -- first, welcome. Second, here's a link to our rules on posting photos https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...aq_photography -- that should answer your questions. I hope you enjoy the forum
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Here’s the photo I posted earlier, I THINK I did it right this time. Again, thanks for everyone ‘s generosity so far.

BB8B4044515B4290800B.jpg

Music,

Your face is absolutely adorable. I can tell in the photo you have no make up on or little if any. Your face has a gorgeous, natural soft curve to it that begs to be feminine. And you know I mean that as a positive and with all the love in my heart. You are a natural; perhaps TG.
    Your remark about putting it away under youthful pressure to be normal resonated loudly with me. Been there, Felt that too. You're so fortunate to understand what is happening within you, and what are your choices at a much younger age than I did. There's all the time in the world to be You.
    And let me tell you truly. No matter what the World or society tells you, it is OK to look like a girl (if you have boy parts, so to speak). It's not just OK, it is GOOD to look pretty. Do not be shy or ashamed. Your natural prettiness makes you deeper, smarter and more powerful.

Yes, ..... you are definitely in The Club, dear. Welcome. I've found the advice and wisdom of the girls on this forum to be mature, experienced and intelligent. Above all, it is LOVING. This is a great place to read, learn and grow.
    Last edited by IleneD; 11-26-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

MM,

The sky is the limit, any direction that you want to go will work.

You have the hair (I NEED my wig, you don't) and the look (I NEED my makeup, you don't). If you want to pass, I believe you could pass with no or very little makeup, or more, if you choose. Breast forms (I NEED my breast forms, see the trend here?, You probably don't have to have them) help too, but the choice is your's to make.

Hugs and Welcome to the Forum,
    Bella

Welcome ! As others have said, you may soon be wanting even more femininity in your life and what a natural look you have already. Please keep posting, you are going to be a inspiration.

MusicMeister,

First of all, welcome. This is a great site and I’m sure you will feel right at home.

Your pic looks great. You have awesome feminine features that most of us would probably kill for. Beautiful, natural look you have going.

First, when you're considering posting something that might end up lengthy, perhaps use a general text editor to compose your message. If you're responding to another person's post, copy it all into the offline editing program so that you won't lose your composition if the forum times you out. Windows had wordpad, I'm sure Apple and Linux both have some sort of simple text editor programs like it. That's all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMeister View Post
    First off, I’ve always loved the look and feel of women’s clothes vs the boring stuff boys are always stuck with.
    Okay, that's a cop out. There are plenty of male clothes that can be flashy or conservative, but also very good looking. Ask any woman how she feels about a marine in his dress white and blues! If you love the feel of wearing female clothing, there's something more than just the clothes going on. Most of us experience the euphoria or just relief by wearing clothes that match whatever female gender we are feeling to be for that moment.

Very often we will read from a new member, that they feel women's clothing is 'more comfortable' than men's clothing. This is a key that it's gender related, because if you ask women, men's clothing is way more comfortable than women's clothing (and they're right; men's clothes ARE virtually always more physically comfortable). So what we are experiencing is PSYCHOLOGICAL comfort when we dress up in female attire; we feel more comfortable in girl clothes because subconsciously, we feel like that is what we're supposed to be wearing.
    I use this example: Think about going to a formal event. Everyone else is in a tuxedo or an evening gown. But YOU'RE in a bathing suit. And sure, it might be a gender appropriate bathing suit, but you'll still feel like you're supposed to be wearing something else, and will feel more than a bit uneasy all the time while you are there. That's the dysphoria that most of us feel when we are dressed as males. For some of us, it's very intermittent; and while we're busy thinking about other things, like work, we don't notice that we're wearing men's clothes that don't match what we feel we're supposed to be wearing. Others feel it ALL THE TIME, and that can drive a person nuts. Most of the time, we suppress or repress it all; because it's not accepted by society for a man to like to dress and feel, well, girly. We feel good when we do it because it feels right. But then we feel guilty because it's not SUPPOSED to 'feel right'. And we have to get past that.
    As a teenager I started wearing a lot of women’s clothes semi disguised as a ‘goth phase’ but the truth is I just preferred how I looked and how they fit.
    Same as above.
    Well, when I reached about 17 or 18 I left it all behind because i guess I just felt the pressure to ‘be normal’.
    We all do.
    Throughout the years I’ve always considered dressing up again and trying to pass. For one thing, I’m a small guy at 5’3 with a slender frame and natural long hair (all my heroes growing up were rock stars)
    Not all small guys with slender frames want to dress up as women, or want to try to 'pass'. Most want anything BUT to appear feminine in any way. So, you've definitely got some feminine feelings going on.
    Right now when I got out I usually wear women’s jeans and I have a couple of women’s jackets that fit far better than any men’s clothing I’ve tried. Next step is probably a little make up. I actually don’t currently have any desire to wear a dress or lingerie, so I guess I’m actually pretty modest.
    Possibly trying to tell yourself that it's not the real you that's wanting to express femininity. By keeping your male underwear and telling yourself that you don't want to wear dresses or lingerie, you get to avoid admitting to fem feelings and any female type desires that go with it.

Okay, news flash.

It's all YOU.

I was also wondering if I posted any pics I could get some feedback because currently I’ve never really talked with anyone about my CDing and I’d love to hear some thoughts and opinions.
    There will be no shortage of those!

Remember, however, few here are mental health professionals, so always take everything with a grain of salt; even what I write. While it's great to get lots of opinions, not everything will fit your experience. But as you sift through it all, perhaps you will learn more about who and what you are.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-27-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I’m really loving all the feedback I’ve been getting from all of You, as said previously I’ve never even spoken to anybody about these topics so it’s like the floodgates have been opened for me here. Sometimes_miss You are exactly right about my feelings on wearing guy clothes, they may not be ‘uncomfortable’ in the usual sense, but I don’t feel I can be my best self in them. Honestly since I’ve started to subtly shift my wardrobe to the female side I’ve gotten compliments from friends and family about my appearance. We will see how things go when I show up wearing eye shadow and lipstick one day but so far so good.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You look very nice in your picture MM.

Joining this forum definitely opened the floodgates for me. Glad you joined the club.

MusicMeister, welcome to the forum.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the great people and information here.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    MusicMeister,
    Welcome to the forum. You should feel free to express the gender of your preference where ever you go.

Welcome to the forum! Your picture is very nice! I should look 1/2 as good! Lots of learning and advice here! Enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix