Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you choose, could you choose?

it took me some years to develop my style that i have today. lots of checking out magazines and seeing what girls of my age group were wearing.

I am lucky with a supportive wife. She came with me with the purchase of my breast forms. I told my wife that and the store employee that I wanted the size that would look the best with my frame. I have stuck to that since my purchase.

I have two style of wigs. One for winter and one that is shorter for the hot humid summers. I stick to those.

What has changed is my clothing style. I was so use to dressing in black and grey in DRAB that it carried over to my female side. Now I am more into brighter colors and design such as flowers etc.

When getting dressed I choose what to wear on how I feel. Do I want to wear a dress, a line skirt, what length etc. Just so many more options.

Growing up girls are changing the styles and learning who they are and what style they like. We do they same thing although at a slower rate as we are only part timers. Go with what makes you feel comfortable. Your style and who you are will come through. My wife can not understand how I can spend as much time in dresses or skirts, heels and hose as I do. She calls me a girly girl which always makes me smile. That is my style. She prefers shorts and a tank top. That is her style.

I've taken your question a little different than some. To me the "who are you" is more about the changes in your demeanor. Obviously you have a change in dress...but your choice of style. As a young CD it was more the feel of the clothing with little regard to much more. I picked things out that I felt had less chance of giving me away as a dude in a dress. This was the path many of us had.

Since marrying ...what I like to call...."the right woman" I have been able to explore and share the Joyce side of me. With her initial feedback of my wardrobe when we met I was way too conservative. She hated most of my wardrobe. With her help and companionship the experiences have been adding up. I find now that, just like a young girl growing and evolving into a style and learning more about herself, I believe we all evolve into who we are.

We go shopping and pick what we like. We get our nails done, hair cut, glasses.....etc and evolve into who we are. Both in our male worlds and female worlds. Having spent only moments in fem compared to years in male mode we need to give ourselves more time to evolve into who we are as our feminine self.

So take what you can and let the experiences grow and evolve into your "who you are".

I like to change my look, play with makeup and just go with how I feel at the time
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

OMG, One of the biggest reasons to enjoying my `otherside`is the latitude and selections in wardrobes and appearances that one can have compared to `the Drab side`. Lets face it, guy clothes are sooooo boring compared to what we have in our feminine wardrobes. It allows us to change up or down depending upon our feelings. Sexy,business,classy,club wear,and plain ole sweats if one prefers. I personally don`t have any `one` style. Variety is fun!!! Enjoy mixing it up Jordan.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My styles do change, for decades I only wore auburn wigs, until I decided it was time to try blonde, and loved it. It is now my colour of choice but being able to change when I want is one of the things I love about CDing. As for clothes there is so much choice compared to the drab male world there is no comparison. I don't change every week, but knowing the options are there is wonderful.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Go with being who you are when you are. Whatever feels right is what's best. Don't let others put a crimp in your style.

Hmmm, Why do you have to choose only one? If dressing one way makes you happy today, then go for it. If dressing another way makes you happy another, Rock it!! There is no wrong way to be Jordan, Unless your not enjoying being Jordan, Which I don't think is the case. Be free Hun to dress yourself how ever you see yourself on that day. As long as it makes you happy that's all that should matter. I think you always have a great sense of style, So whatever your doing, Keep it up.

P.S. I have no fashion sense in either boy or girl mode, So perhaps I'm not the best person to be giving advice on this subject?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Why should you have to choose

As they say, clothes don't make the man. Neither do the skirt, wig, or bra size. Be yourself in the way that you feel on a given day or even different times of day. If you can experiment with different looks, do it. Enjoy! Personally, if I'm going out I tend to dress casual (skirt or jeans with a sweater or lighter top, and nothing outrageous, although I've started going with the occasional dress/business look). When working at home, it's mostly the casual stuff, but I sometimes go with more of an "at the gym" look even though I can't go to the gym as a woman, and I've even been known to wear a bathing suit around the house (and sometimes for a quick swim during summer). All that said, Julia's "look" is defined by nature: Overweight old woman in a wig. I just wish i could have started dressing decades earlier before the fat built up.

Hi, Jordan! I kind of like the girl next door style but not the yoga pants but the jeans! Yes and I have dresses that could be worn at a formal as well! They are still all part of my style! Only own one set of forms! They are C cup to match my 44" chest and most of my female relatives are around that size! Just my $.02! Hugs Lana Mae Me,too, Julia!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I always find my style evolving, trying different looks is what makes it fun. The outfits I wear at home are usually a lot different then what I wear out. I envision myself as an older woman (because I am) yet stylish, so I stick with my gray hair it looks more natural.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If I had to pick only one style and look? I'd sign up for the Army again. Where I nearly died of boredom!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We all get into all of the possibilities, all the facets. We sometimes take it too far.

But I have a core. I have a self that shines through. If you have not found that yet, then you might want to examine that.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I don't dress, I dress up. From the start, I got more pleasure by emphasizing UP, more is better, over-the-top everything. I tried different looks. I bought 2 must-have wigs that I wore only once. I didn't choose my look (if only it would have been thst easy), but I kept playing with it, and one day I found it. I even said out loud to my image in the mirror "nailed it".

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-NH View Post
    ..................... So here's my question to all of you. Did you have to choose a style/person? Did you just know right out of the gate? Or are you like me, does the type of girl you are change depending on the day. And......... discuss.
    I didn't have to choose a style or person. My "style" is the daughter my mother never had. My sister if I had one. I don't change my style or who I am pretending to be from day to day. I have one pair of breast forms and one wig, much like a woman who has the same boobs and hair every day. I may wear casual clothes one day and more "dress up" clothes another day but that's what a woman does as well.

I would say your friend is right; you should figure out who you are. You don't have to of course but she has a good point.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    Hi Jordan, I too have very many looks and styles,
    With three sets of forms and a dozen & a half wigs and three closets full
    I can have just about any look that makes me happy at the moment.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am still trying to find my style, although I have a look I love just have not found the right outfit to rock it yet

I didn't choose per se. It was more of a development as time passed.
    There were stages before I came out. Heavy makeup and sexy lingerie for a time, then sexy outfits (see a theme here) until I came out to my wife.
    At that point I knew I wanted to venture out and that these looks wouldn't do. I didn't want to be the subject of ridicule and finger pointing. I wanted to blend in and just be me. That was the beginning of my development as a woman. Now my closet reflects that. Of course there are dressy clothes for fancy occasions, but mostly if you looked at the clothes you couldn't tell if it was for me or not.
    I'm comfortable being me now and dressing just like everyone else. I'm not a fashionista, but I try to be stylish.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I live in the Great Pacific Northwest. GGs here tend to wear yoga pants, and bluejeans, not skirts or dresses which is what I want to wear. Unless it's some type of formal event or a professional job that requires it most GGs here dress pretty drab, also known as "casual". I do have a style in my mind and I generally find it, I don't know it. I try on several outfits mostly to calm the pink mist, then push to the limit what will blend to what I want. Usually it's a denim skirt or I might push it to a patterned skirt and cotton 3/4 sleeve tee shirt with a denim jacket. Always a dark wig medium length. The style/person I want to be just isn't what the stiles are. Brenda

I think that given enough time and experience I could figure it out, but it hasn't happened yet. What style Ellie ends up with is probably less what I'm looking for and more trial and error and deciding if something works. A year and a half later I still feel like I'm in my infancy with this stuff, although I've managed to narrow down a few things that definitely work better than others. I like my hair style the way it is, and while I'm willing to try new things, I keep going back to the hair that you almost always see me with. Ironically I've been growing my real hair out for almost 2 years now and it's approaching my wig length.
    I'll echo the idea that men's clothes are, in comparison to women's very boring. Now that this has hit me, I have definitely been in explorative mode with few boundaries and have ended up really liking things that were never really on my radar to begin with. I have a feeling that whenever I get around to trying a skirt suit I'll fall in love, but some of the things that I really had my eye on ended up looking ridiculous. The best I can do is see women in public and decide which feels right for me, and then explore in my Ellie time. I will say that I've definitely gone through waves, starting out with a look that was intentionally a little more risque, and then quickly growing out of that to discover the girl at a nice summer picnic look, and then on to the cozy girl at a ski lodge in an oversized sweater. To me, this has always been about exploring and tearing down walls, and that includes many different styles of dress and makeup. Having a certain "look" will come with more maturity I think, but for now it's all over the board. I could be wrong though, maybe one of you could tell me that I DO have a look and I'm just not picking up on it.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.