Thread: Adjustments

Adjustments

Another pleasure I get from dressing, that most guys miss...are making necessary adjustments to things we wear and continually have to do..from head to toe....make sure wig/hair looks good..good days/bad days...makeup...many...bra strap adjustments, Pantyhose or thigh highs...pull up...garter belt & nylons, skirts and slips...and the list goes on. Can be frustrating sometimes, but, for me it’s fun. Every time I pass a mirror or window, I see something that needs tweaking. Even DRAB...adjustments need to be made. Oh, what we go through..lol. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Well said. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't find myself doing that Nancy so I must be odd.
    Then again I'm not trying to ACT like I think a woman acts.
    I'm just feminine internally so to me I'm a girl.

For me I don't really think about the adjustments until after the fact. I make them subconsciously because they need to be done but then after the fact it brings a little smile to my face.

Yes....that dratted skirt that won't stay put...

Platinum Member
    Hi Nancy , No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy, Just fun.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The other day I'd just taken my seat on the train as I headed back home. I had on a waist length insulated jacket and scarf. Being warm on the train I went to take the scarf off by pulling it over my head. However not thinking as I pulled it upwards it caught the back of my wig. I managed to stop just in the nick of time and although I'd moved my wig it wasn't a great deal but enough for me to know it wasn't sitting as it should.

I sat for the 40 minute journey being as nonchalant as I could be and only once off the train did I as discreetly as possible re-seat my wayward wig.

On a more routine note I know just what you mean about those little adjustment. Get in or out of a car and skirt or dress has to be checked. Put on a coat, hair must be flicked from under the collar. These things all become second nature after a while but love them all the same.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-29-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    Another pleasure I get from dressing, that most guys miss...are making necessary adjustments to things we wear and continually have to do..from head to toe
    What you describe, are things that women feel is a constant pain in the butt. Men don't 'miss it', because they don't need or want to do it. OTOH, WE tend to like it, because it's a female behavior that we don't have in male life, so doing all those things allows us to pretend, for that time, that we are females.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That is sure what women do, check Hair and the rest all the way down, my SO does.

Life's little pleasure !!!

I am lucky in that I can dress several days in a row.
    When I first dress those small things are special as it is what women have to do and it is nice experiencing that. What I really enjoy after dressing for a few days is when you do those small things and it is just an everyday normal activity and you do not even think about it.
    Occasionally my wife will mention the extra time it takes me when I go to the bathroom, especially if I have my nails on.
    Yesterday I was at the eye doctors and they have several mirrors when you try on new glass frames. The vast majority of women did check their appearance before trying on the frames.

There sure are a lot of possible wardrobe (and other) malfunctions that we learn about from experience. So many details that are hard to get right too i.e. mascara application, false eye lashes, hold ups that fall to the knees, wig on straight, effective tucking, etc. etc. etc. I wish I could make it fun somehow! It's frustrating!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I bet much agree. It goes unnoticed by me until i think about what Just happened, then the smile comes out because i realize the feminine mannerisns that naturally come out. It is hard for me to let that out.

It never fails, as soon as I paint my nails my bra strap slips off on one side, my wig shifts, and my nose itches.

I find that when I am dressed I am extremely self aware of my appearance. I also always make those adjustments

Banned Read only
    Nancy,
    I notice on programs like breakfast television where you have a male and female presenter how much more the woman adjusts and tweaks her clothes and hair subconsciously , I must admit it's something I've noticed I do more when dressed . I obviously sit more cross legged and find I touch my legs and knees more often, I do it to partly check how much my hemline has crept up and partly the nice feeling of stockings and the dress or skirt material .

I do believe it's a natural female trait and one I enjoy picking up on !

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
    It never fails, as soon as I paint my nails my bra strap slips off on one side, my wig shifts, and my nose itches.
    HA! I thought I was the only one!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nancy, I obviously sit more cross legged and find I touch my legs and knees more often, I do it to partly check how much my hemline has crept up and partly the nice feeling of stockings and the dress or skirt material .

I do believe it's a natural female trait and one I enjoy picking up on !
    Hi Teresa, I do the same thing as stockings are my #1. I see many women run their hand over their legs or briefly “scratch” a mysterious itch...all, I suspect, subconsciously. I’ve been a long time observer of feminine body language, especially walking. Takes a lot of practice. Again...what fun.

Yes! And the adjustments and tweekings add to the Fun. Enjoy! Toni.. G..

I love how so many of the things we love most GG's hate...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Nancy Sue,

I am with you on the stockings ... when I am able to go out, I almost always am in something approaching knee length so that I can wear either garters or a corset with stockings and HH pumps. I love spending the time in the ladies room and adjusting the stockings ... to be tight and arranged just right. And trying to be so lady-like and not reveal my underthings ... but still feeling that feminine touch!