Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse purging?

Reverse purging?

I've seen the many threads and comments on purging.

But what about reverse purging? That is, have you ever purged male clothing so a greater proportion of your wardrobe was female?

I've done it three or four times over the years, donating a lot of male clothes. So now my wardrobe has only about 4-5 men's shirts and a similar number of pants. That's enough to get me thru the work week (where, sadly, I'm in drab), but I'm reliant on femme clothes the rest of the time.

Has anyone else "purged" their male clothes?

Yes - most of what I wear comes from the women's side of the store (I do not keep the male stuff I do not wear)

I guess I did that without actually thinking about it. I have way more fem clothes than male clothes and I just sent 3 bags of male clothes to Goodwill.

Not being a full time dresser I still gotta have my male clothes but I do hang on to too many of my male clothing I no longer wear. I should give what I don't wear to a thrift shop.

Reality Check
    I got rid of a lot of male clothing when I retired and more when I moved. I still have too much so more of it needs to go.

I wish there was a place that would buy it for resale. Even ten cents on the dollar would be better than nothing.
    Krisi

When I went full-time, after I was sure it was the right decision for me, I "purged" my male clothing. I'm hoping it went to a thrift shop to be used by folks who need it. I did recycle one very nice suit via my therapist to an FTM who needed clothing appropriate to go interviewing. I'm hoping it brought him luck -- it always worked for me.

I have to say there's a big difference between purging female clothes and purging male clothes -- I've never been tempted to go buy new male clothes. Over time I came to the conclusion that my male clothes were actually the "crossdressing" in my life.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Yes all I have left are t-shirts I wear to work. I represent as male at work, but the rest of what I wear is actually woman's.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Yea I have. It was quite satisfying to scoop out an armload of men's briefs and fill the drawer with panties!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My process hasn't been purging but I just don't buy a lot of men's clothes any more.

I'm retired and even though I but present male most of the time my choices are pretty basic on that side. The guy clothes need to be comfortable, keep me warm in cool weather and not be totally worn out. I have one outfit for weddings and funerals and dozens of Hawaiian shirts. Even with the tee shirts, socks, jeans and shorts filling a couple of drawers I think it's safe to say I have 4-5 times the women's clothes that I have men's. And with each new skirt, dress or top the ratio moves more toward the female end of things. Honestly, anyone who saw my closet would laugh in my face if I told them I didn't have anything to wear.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    Yea I have. It was quite satisfying to scoop out an armload of men's briefs and fill the drawer with panties!
    Been there, done that. Isn't it a relief to get rid of all those awful men's tighty whiteys and fill the space with soft feminine satin and lace?

Pretty much the only jeans I've been purchasing lately are women's bootcut jeans. They fit nicely over my cowboy boots and make my ass and legs look terrific!
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 11-29-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Banned Read only
    Sure, I purged all my men's underwear 20 some years ago.

I no longer have any men's clothes save a few t shirts for the summer. Since men have longer torsos i sometimes wear mens t shirts during the warm months.

Silver Member
    Have a garage/yard/tag sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I got rid of a lot of male clothing when I retired and more when I moved. I still have too much so more of it needs to go.

I wish there was a place that would buy it for resale. Even ten cents on the dollar would be better than nothing.

I have gotten rid of about half of my men's clothes. The only thing I buy on occasion are long sleeve shirts, because my torso and arms are so long. The men's clothes I do purchase are much more fashionable than I used to get, so my crossdressing has spilled over to my male side.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I've purged most of my male clothing. All of my male underwear and male casual clothing. I've saved out some male clothing for work, but less than 10% of my wardrobe is male. I wear female clothing most of the time.

best Purge ever! 5 years ago I purged all my men's underwear and socks...... and haven't looked back

Silver Member
    I don't think I've worn any male attire in months. Well I take that back. I wore tidy whites to the doctor this week. I want him to pay attention to me. I do have some ole t-shirts still. In the garage. They are for dirty work before throwing away. I went through my male clothes a few years ago and ditched all, but a few of them remained for emergency. Last of them are in the garage.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 11-29-2017 at 10:16 PM.

on a journey
    It felt really good to bag up most of my old clothes and take them to the charity shop. I keep one pair of male tough jeans for doing stuff that will get me dirty but the rest is long gone.

I have been reverse purging for years,the only difference there are no regrets in what I have lost or thrown out.

Anything purged has not been replaced nor have I seen a guy in pants and a jacket and think that I would look good in those. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No way I can really....Not with my job. But....I had to laugh when I got my second dresser and saw all the boxer briefs at the bottom of the drawer I was migrating from...

There was a time when I had completely purged all clothing that was male. My wardrobe consisted of about 90% female and 10% female clothing that looked as if it "could" be male such as women's trousers. I was fortunate that I could wear whatever I wished at work. Nowadays I'm back to having some totally male clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela R View Post
    I keep one pair of male tough jeans for doing stuff that will get me dirty but the rest is long gone.
    I tried doing that -- I kept some male clothes thinking I could wear them when I'm doing yard work or snow removal. The time came, I put them on and they felt so awful I had to take them off again and pick out some "regular" clothes that I wouldn't feel too bad about getting dirty. When I tried to describe it to my therapist the only comparison I could come up with was that putting on the guy clothes was like visiting a cell where I had been imprisoned and tortured for 60 years. Sounds over-dramatic, but feelings are what they are. In the end I decided if I had grown up female I'd certainly have ratty clothes around for dirty jobs, so I needed some ratty girl clothes -- there was no reason to keep guy clothes around.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Have a garage/yard/tag sale.
    I live way in the back of my neighborhood on a dead end street. I would need a bunch of signs to get people here. Not a great place for a yard sale although that is a thought. I was thinking of a place that would buy them cheap and handle the seeling themselves for a profit. I have women's clothes that need to go also. Bad choices or ones I outgrew when my hips came in the mail.
    Krisi

Getting rid of my male underwear, about 15 years ago, felt great. But for a long time I kept a couple pair around for doctor's appointments and such.

I got rid of those about six months ago. So it's all panties now!

Shoes are my biggest obstacle. My size, 10 in men's, isn't ginormous but I almost never find women's shoes that fit well.

When I saw the thread question, I thought of reverse purging as just going on a spending spree buying women’s clothing after a purge. I did that.