Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you tell your younger self?

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Get a vasectomy, now.
    Don't be loyal to a corporation, it won't be loyal to you.
    Mellow out.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Stop fighting it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Don't wait for things to happen, make them happen.....
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I would say to myself, enjoy what you are and don't be ashamed of yourself. Waiting for someone who can love ALL of won't be easy and will make for some lonely times. Waiting will be worth it, trust me.....

Find a way to take photos.
    I wanted to take photos when I was in my teens but since I had to send them out for developing I felt it was to risky.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne44C View Post
    Waiting for someone who can love ALL of won't be easy and will make for some lonely times. Waiting will be worth it, trust me.....
    There are millions of elderly single people who would disagree with that. While you're waiting, life passes you by.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not to feel guilty, enjoy being more carefree and embrace the clothes and the feeling of wearing them. I always thought how great it would be if there was an older female relative who would help me with dressing and makeup. I'm not sure if that would have been something that could have happened, but I did over hear my Mom, Aunts and their friends remark how I should have been born a girl or that I would be a pretty girl. When I started wearing my Mom's lingerie, I don't think she ever knew, but maybe she did and had discussed it with them.

Do not purge, keep the appointment at Robins and tell Claire what you are looking for when you walk in.

Be a Man - Tell everyone that you are a Woman!
    And, it is worth the effort!

Go see the world. There is more to life than work, work, work.
    Live and let dress.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Buy Google at IPO and lot's of it!
    Don't smoke, drink and keep perfect health.
    Don't marry her or her.
    Start doing makeup with a young face.
    Never cut your hair.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    There are millions of elderly single people who would disagree with that. While you're waiting, life passes you by.
    I was impulsive and got engaged to a woman who I came out to in confidence. I believed it was the right thing to do. She really wasn't honest about being accepting. She grew to resent this part of me. It was an ugly split vs an ugly divorce. I was in a fog for three years afterwards. That's why I said better to wait. It is unfortunate that so many people don't have a spouse, S.O. or partner in life. However that happens for a great many reasons, including for us 'gurls'.

Silver Member
    Accept yourself. I was young back in the 50s/60s. I was open, out, and did have SA friends that were happy to advise me. I tried on a dress once and the older SA said you need to get a full slip honey. She could see my panties through the fabric. I think I should have been accepting, but then I don't have any complaints about my life. Well time was not kind as I would like to have it been.

Great Question

Laser laser laser and more laser get rid of every hair on your face, chest, legs and arms do it now and quickly!! do it before you meet your wife who would have met you as a hairless person
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I would tell him get laser and do it now. Also buy stock young. And it is that you are in a fix that will be with you for the rest of your life. Yeah I did not know that when I was young.
    Part Time Girl

Very difficult question to answer.

I would tell me "Hang on. Everything will be OK. You're OK. It's not what you think. It's more of a gender thing and not a sexual thing. And BTW, you are going to experience good fortune and an amazingly good time in ife. You won't ****ing believe how good a thing you'll fall into."

I think I'd like to explain to that young lad what exactly he was experiencing in terms of feeling feminine, and to not fear it. And for crying out loud, start earlier than full retirement. Don't torment yourself with life long denial. You are who you are, with all the same talents and gifts that God has granted you regardless of gender.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

- You are not alone
    - there are more and more accepting women out there as the times change.
    - do not limit yourself to staying at home, go out and explore the world (but play it safe)
    - view a thousand YouTube make up tutorials and practice,practice,practice.
    - instead of buying five cheap $40 wigs, save up and get one good quality $200 wig.
    - take as many pictures of your skinny ass before you start adding pounds on as you get older!

I would tell myself to tell the truth the first time when my mother found the stash I had. Life might slightly be different. Maybe she'd be more accepting of my life in crossdressing. I love it and feel if I told the truth at the beginning then my mother would have treated me as a son and the daughter she wanted.

"**** 'em if they don't like it."

Do laser, keep taking the pills, buy up all those stocks that you take a retrospective look at and life should be great.

Yes on reflection, everything that has been said in previous posts.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm 62 I would say your not alone. (no internet back then )

Take advantage of your youth while you have it. It won't last.
    Get a good digital camera with timer and/or remote shutter, tripod, and good lighting.
    Dress up to please yourself, not others' expectations.

I would tell my self: You are not the only CDer; Keep you weight down; and Avoid my ex-wife at all costs.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    "What would you tell your younger self?"

It's been said but "Buy stock in Microsoft".

We can all look back at our lives and wonder how things would be if we had done this differently or that differently but we don't have the luxury of making those changes at this point.
    Krisi

Looking back, perhaps I should have told myself to accept it, explore it, use good judgement, and enjoy it.

Karen