Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you tell your younger self?

Someone said.

Stop fighting it.

So true.

Oh....we would have some long conversations....on many subjects.

and I would now have more money than God and Garth Brooks combined...

Yes to moisturizing and bras! I'd love, then and now, to have no facial hair, but I'm enough of a baby, then and now, that I don't think I could deal with the discomfort. Am I wrong about that?

And, oh yeah, the work is very definitely worth it! Wish I'd seen that even sooner.

I'm thinking on it... The long, circuitous path that I've taken to where I am passes through many events that I would not be willing to give up. So if I were to say anything at all to my younger self it would just be "you'll do fine."
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I would tell my younger self that it's okay to go ahead and leave the house....the world won't end

This is such a great question/thread!!! The 3 things I would say that are not of "financial benefit" are:

Have fun!!! -- work will be there tomorrow, family and dressing time will not always be there.
    You are not alone -- like so many others, I started pre-internet and did not know what this was or what I was doing.
    "I told you already: Have fun -- with this!!!"
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Don't be afraid
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

if I had five minutes with me at age 20
    You're transgendered, God isn't going to fix you, and She's kind of ok with you - please start transitioning.

Love who you are because changing who you are is near impossible.

I would tell my younger self that this is a legitimate subject and you’re not weird or abnormal.

Find a group of like minded people and actually go out en femme together.

Possibly would have moved away from family just to have the freedom to be Stephanie.

Would have came out a lot sooner in order to experience more.

I’m sure there are more, but these are what jump out at me.

I would tell myself that it’s OK that I like to be girlie and that I should embrace it sndnnot be ashamed.
    Would have made life so much easier!
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Aspiring Member
    I had several opportunities to dress up in my youth and didn't take them. I regretted it ever since. In my first job I worked in an office where I was the only male. We had a Halloween party where one woman suggested I dress as a woman at work. She thought that dressing me in a formal gown would be fun. Others, including my boss, also encouraged me to go along with her suggestions. Of course I was too afraid to do that, so I turned it down. Ever since then I dreamed about what could have been. I would tell my younger self to always take advantage of opportunities that present themselves.