Thread: Buy a couple items on eBay and....

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

Buy a couple items on eBay and....

.... then they recommend all kinds of lady stuff!
    Granted, I am tempted to buy much of it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 5.51.40 PM.jpg
    Last edited by susancheerleader; 11-30-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Banned Read only
    Frankly I hate that. It makes it so I can't use my eBay account unless I am at home.

I know after I bought two pair of heels, my computer was flooded with all sorts of women's clothes, shoes and perfumes to makeup. I quit using the main computer to order anything feminine and only use my I-Pad for my EBay account. There are some bargains out there if you have the time to prowl a bit.

Contrary to the others, I love it!

I think it is fun to have high heels suggested on one row, and then lawnmower parts on the next.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Most of the advertisements pushed to my browser are directed to feminine things.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I do not understand the frustration people have with this. If you are a secret dresser just use private browsing, it is two clicks that is all, then no targeted advertising, history etc. And while you are browsing privately, there is no limit to the number of Ebay accounts you can have. I have an extra one just for buying my wife presents so as not to spoil the surprise.

Daisy x

I have two different ebay accounts, one strictly for women's clothing and accessories..

Aspiring Member
    Internet hygiene (and private browsing - very easy with Firefox) is the answer. Also, be careful never to click on an 'Ad' or anything recommended for you. OK, it takes a little bit of nous and maybe some extra clicks, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by annecwesley View Post
    I have two different ebay accounts, one strictly for women's clothing and accessories..
    Me too. Much more convenient and much less worrisome!

I'm a huge fan of the targeted suggestions. I have made many purchases and now follow several sellers of the different types of items I'm interested in. Being single and without anyone else having access to my iPad gives me the freedom to view and enjoy all the fun items that eBay presents to me! With that said, if I'm out somewhere with the iPad and I'm showing someone else something, I have had ads pop up that are all female related...Victoria's Secret is one ...

I had a period of time where I was getting lots of political ads in Spanish (I don't speak it). Another long before this where I was getting ads for sanitary napkins.

If someone sees it put it down to either Google is stupid at times (it is) or someone else clicked on an ad while using your system.

Reality Check
    This is the new "normal". It's really cheap (or free) advertising. And it's not just eBay. I got on the Internet to check the price of a new (specific brand) truck and I have been bombarded by every dealer within 200 miles with emails. Check around for a vacuum cleaner and every dealer in town pops up on Facebook with adds. Amazon is the same.

A private browser is about the only way around it.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    I have ad blocking so I rarely received unsolicited advertisements. The ads I do get are cropping up all over the screen. This past Black Friday weekend I was looking at Vanity Fair panty briefs at various sites; ebay, JC Penny, Macy's, Kohl's. There have been a lot of new colors available in the two styles I like. I use Firefox. While my session was still open ads were cropping up in the Hotmail side window with depictions of the panties I did review. If I had been at Barnes & Noble looking at books that will show up. They seem to hunt me down. JC Penny seems to be the worst when it comes to bothering me. I have a charge account at JCP. JCP has my email account. If I had looked at anything I'll get an email asking if I was still interested in it. Open the email and there it is...a pair of panties or a slip or kids clothes for the grandson. It's not until I close the browser/session before the onslaught stops. Of course, if I buy something on line and give an email I expect ads from that company. Once the package is delivered I then have to unsubscribe for emails. The other cautionary thing is the storage of prior purchases. When I go to our account at JC Penny or Macy's the account history which includes pictures shows up. All I or my wife has to do is click on the order number are presto. There those nice pictures of the panties, foundation garments and dresses I bought for the last several years.