Thread: Wife called me a "B"

Wife called me a "B"

For once everybody was out last night, and I dressed up and watching TV.
    I was sitting there minding my own business and she starts bringing up something about a renovation I started and I have to put some finishing touches on. I asked her why see brought it up now and I told her before I would finish it during Christmas holidays. I guess being dressed I said it in a feminine way and she walked away from me and in a very low voice I heard her say " wow what a bitch". I asked her what she said, she said that I heard her. I don't know why I had a big smirk on my face and kind of liked being called that. I wonder if women enjoy it too?
    Last edited by Pat; 12-01-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: edit for content

Maria, my fiancee has stated that I'm catty when dressed, but has never called my a b.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I don't know why I had a big smirk on my face and kind of liked being called that. I wonder if women enjoy it too?
    Ufff! Generally, I would think they do not enjoy being called that, but the usual dynamics of insults apply.

In your case, the implied acknowledgement of having achieved an objective ( i.e. femininity ) outweighed the damage value of the insult; so you loved it. A much lesser insult without that implied acknowledgement e.g. "fool" might have hit you harder at that moment.

So I would think a genetic female making an honest effort or doing something in good faith reciprocated by somebody she respects calling her "B" would not be enjoyed.

You noticed the timing of that conversation, and your wife most likely knew exactly what she was doing when she called you that .

- Lydianne.

Reality Check
    Only you know the complete context of what was said and how it was said but I know my wife wouldn't take it very well if I called her a bitch. In most contexts it's not a nice word and pretty much an insult.
    Krisi

I'd be sleeping on the couch if I ever called my wife a b___h.
    Jon

I can vouch that I had better not call my wife that under neath my breath she for one detests the word. I think the connotation of it to her is very negative and demeaning.

Banned Read only
    My wife would not take kindly to being called a "female dog." I suspect your wife was being a little playful in the usage of the term.

The key here has to be context, right? Maria -- am I correct that you took it as a tacit acknowledgement of your female presentation? She had a number of things she could have muttered and choosing that one is actually a bit affirming. As for "If I called my wife that, I'd be in trouble" answers -- yes you would. And you'd deserve it. Husband saying that to a wife is not at all affirming.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I think you liked it because women sometimes call each other the B word jokingly as friends. If you were out in public and a stranger called you it, it would mean a completely different thing to you.

No women do not enjoy being called that. Even if a woman says that she is being one, never agree it's a trap!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think from your earlier posts u know exactly why, Maria!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I guess, It's ok now for you to call a "Bitch" as well.

It was not a complement.

Women have a very personal attachment to their home. It is not a house it is a home. It is completely normal for her to want it just so for the holidays.

You might want to rethink what needs to be done, and do it now if possible. That is if you are hopping for something other than coal in your stocking.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I wonder if women enjoy it too?
    Speaking for myself, I don't like it. I would be offended. I don't try and come off as one, so I don't want to be called one. I feel pretty safe saying the same for my sister, sil, friends, mom, etc., but can't speak for all, of course. I've been around catty groups of women where it seems the norm to call each other bitches, but I don't partake in that and still think it's unkind, rude, offensive, demeaning, tacky, ect... I also think it sounds uncivilized and uncouth. Treat others how you want to be treated and all...

I can see how while dressed this would appeal to your femme side, because your wife would be acknowledging you with a commonly-used-for-females insult, but make no mistake, it's still an insult. I would hope that is the reason you had the smirk and kind of liked it, I would hope you wouldn't actually like being insulted.

It's just not cool.

I would be treally pissed off and would let her know

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    I would love it if it was said "not in an arguement" because of the recognition.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    If my wife said that to me I know it would not be in fun !

Now she has her own home to tidy up she is discovering how the simple little five minute jobs they nag about aren't that simple or quick.

She has continually complained that I've never shown her how to decorate a room , OK I went and bought her some brushes and showed her the paint consistency to paint the walls and ceiling . OK I helped by doing the ceiling she struggled all day and managed half a small bedroom, I had by then done the entire kitchen twice and was onto another job , she said I make it look so easy, I just smiled but I do think the penny had dropped , then of course there's the clean up before the job is finally finished .

I have to admit it is fun doing it in a skirt and heels but she doesn't know anything about that !

I don't know why, I guess I know my wife and I loved it that she reacted to an action relating to me as a girlfriend. She's never called me ******* but I guess she didn't know how to get upset at me as a women. Later I asked her why she called me that, she said I got her nervous and me dressed like that she didn't know what else to call me, and that came out. I told her I loved it, ever under those conditions I was flattered that she related me to one of her girlfriends. She apologized and said I'm really not a "B"
    Last edited by Maria 60; 12-02-2017 at 10:08 PM.

I had a gay guy call me a bitch once, I was in drab drinking with other MEN and he accidentally tripped on the leg of my chair.

It did nothing for me at the time, it just called my attention to him as a b**y stupid "P".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would be fine with it. I would never call my wife that though.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford