Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How common is under-dressing?

How common is under-dressing?

I'm new to all this and what interests me (so far) is just wearing panties and bra under my regular clothes. From reading around I believe this is termed underdressing.

I'm curious, is this common? Or is it more likely that as time goes on I'll want to do more?

TIA

For me Underdressing is quite common. Many girls here do underdress on occasion and others adhere to "fully dressed or not at all". Is underdressing common? I think it is (just my opinion) but not necessarily by all. Will you want to do more? Well that is certainly up to each individual ..... but if you are thinking about it now and frequently visit this site for information ........chances are pretty good that you will ant to do more.

Have fun and be safe
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Welcome AttentiveHusband, I suspect you are married.
    At first is just trying female cloth on, and when it became addictive I too started undressing and have been for a few years now.

One thing is if you go out and you involve going to hospital and getting undress, your secret is out.

My motto : go slowly like I was said and discover things as you go.

Hi and welcome.

From all I've read, it is common, but for a variety of reasons. I've abandoned my guy briefs and boxers in favor of all manner of panties. the overall comfort is amazing, but my major reason for switching is that wearing them everyday is more in line with who I am. I'll often also have on a bra with attached forms -- relatively small for everyday wear when I'm not dressed fully femme, and a bit larger when I'm out and about as Rhonda. I try to express my femme side even when in guy mode, and being underdressed helps keep me centered on who I truly am.

Hope this gives some insight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Although I personally don't do it it does seem to be a fairly common practice amongst the members here. Many say it keeps them in touch with their femme side when in drab which I fully understand. But for me when I've tried it it just leaves me frustrated that I cant go the whole way, a bit like having an itch that you can't scratch. Obviously every one has their own take on the subject. Will you want to do more? probably..but only you can answer that. Welcome to the forum btw.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Ask your doctor or some emergency room professionals. I think they've probably seen it all!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Many here under-dress, just watch out for the bra straps, they get you spotted in an instant. Good luck, and have fun

I think underdressing is very common. As long as you don't have to keep your dirty knickers secret and wash & dry them in private! I do not have any male underwear. I often wear a crop top which does not show through my top, it depends on the temperature, with winter here it is panties and crop top most days.
    Robbie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its pretty common.

No one knows.

I cant truly say, but I think it is definitely very common but at different levels. I wear panties every day except the extreme summer months ( south La heat and humidity requires more for outside workers) and sometimes when we go out I wll have entire femme outfit underneth my clothes..stockings, garterbelt, bra etc..Do love when my wife pics my femme wear and lays it out for me when we are going out with friends
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

I still don't get the under dressing thing.
    Jon

I’d be surprised if there were any valid statistics, because of the topic, but my sense is that it’s very, very common. For me, 1. panties, 2. Thigh highs and 3. a bra. After that, the doors open. A friend of mine, with his wife’s permission, wore pantyhose when hunting. He’s now hooked.

Banned Read only
    Among the general population of men I'd say wearing women's undergarments is not widely done. If a man is going to wear some women's garment it is probably going to be a panty. If that is the total interest in women's clothing I would characterize that as a 'fetish.' Among acknowledged cross dressers I think most have tried it once or twice. Before I found this site I did wear on occasion a nylon panty to work. It was a hassle and uncomfortable. A hassle when trying to use a urinal. Uncomfortable because having a desk job and sitting a lot nylon is not all that absorbent.

After lurking and joining this forum I gave underdressing a try. I went as far as wearing under a heavy sweatshirt a bra, camisole, panty and a garter girdle with stocking or a pair of pantyhose. I did not go to work with this attire, but, just going around shopping for the day. As a retiree I was not afraid of being 'outed' to any coworker. Being dolled up like that was uncomfortable,especially using a bathroom. Going into a stall and pulling down pantyhose and a panty and adjusting oneself was annoying. I can understand why my wife says it takes longer for women to clear out of the ladies room at the movies. Perhaps more importantly underdressing did nothing for me psychologically. The garment were just clothes. I keep my femme attire limited to full blown sessions; dresses, wig and heels included.

Nancy, wearing pantyhose for some serious outdoor activities became acceptable after NY Jets Joe Namath used pantyhose to keep warm during cold games. Keeping a layer of warm air around one's legs seems like a good idea.

It's very common (for crossdressers.) It's totally harmless. You may find it's all you need, or you may find you want to go further. There are neither rules nor requirements, nor even schedules to this. There's no way to predict -- the heart wants what the heart wants, right? For now, relax and enjoy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I'd say it is normal for some crossdressers to underdress. Is it common? No one knows. I underdress in briefs/panties 95+% of the time and I wear hosiery/tights occasionally. I wear a bra only when I fully crossdress. We are all different.

Personally I very rarely under-dress. With my luck I would probably have an accident and I see the paramedics undress me and be like "wtf!"

I know its silly, but I cannot take the chance since I am a "closet dresser"

Quote Originally Posted by debbeelee1 View Post
    Ask your doctor or some emergency room professionals. I think they've probably seen it all!
    Of course if you ask here, you'll get responses from people who do it, but that doesn't mean it's representitive of the general population.

I work in an e.r.. Assuming one out of every 40 men is a regular crossdresser, and one out of 20 men is gay and MIGHT like to wear fem stuff, nowhere's near those numbers come in wearing female underwear of any kind. Sure, we do see it, but it's not an every day thing. I work in a busy inner city hospital.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

sounds pretty common, but i'm not into it.
    i just don't get it...
    i'd rather over dress!
    paula

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe it's common for dressers who r just starting out. And, for those who's situations don't allow for open dressing.

I tried for awhile when I first began. It gave me a charge to be wearing women's things and no one knew! :

But, it was uncomfortable and soon lost it's thrill. Now, if no one can see what I'm wearing, I think it's pointless to underdress.
    But, as Stephanie pointed out, wearing women's undies seems to be a fetish for many dressers judging by the endless "pantie" threads running here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    It's a shame this forum doesn't allow posting polls or we might find out how common it is. Still, this is a crossdressing forum so the poll results would only apply to crossdressers and not the general (non-crossdressing) public.

Me, I have replaced my "tighty whities" with panties except for doctor visits. They are plain, no ruffles or cute words and the black ones would probably pass as men's briefs except for the label. At this point, they are just underwear to me, I don't get a particular thrill from wearing them.

I used to wear a bra but now I only wear one when dressing as a woman, not "underdressing".
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    But, as Stephanie pointed out, wearing women's undies seems to be a fetish for many dressers judging by the endless "pantie" threads running here!
    IDK, my wife has a very similar reaction to new cute panties. I don't know how all GGs are, but my wife doesn't have a shoe addiction, she has a panty addiction lol! She has 4 drawers stuffed with them. She could go months with wearing a fresh pair without having to wash her undies. I think we are all addicting to certain types of clothes in some way or another. For me it's definitely nightgowns.

Firstly welcome, secondly I'll echo the warning about bra straps. Just observe women around you. How many can you spot were the bra lines are visible through their clothing.

As for how many under dress. I have no stats or figures but I suspect it's higher than many would think. Why, because if you look online for things such as forms, hip and bum padding, gaffs, any number of items, there are loads of web sites out there selling these wares. If there's no market for them then they'd go out of business. Hence it's my suspicion that there are a great many more who indulge in our little hobby than is widely thought. It's just something they do behind closed doors not even venturing out onto the internet and forums such as this.

And if that's the case then it follows there's likely to be a number who "borrow" their SO's knickers. However that seems to be more of a fetish than a real attempt at CD'ing and may not proceed beyond that.

As for your situation. Only time will tell. If you feel the need to proceed then you'll find all the help support and guidance anyone could need. We wish you well on your journey.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    It's very common (for crossdressers.) It's totally harmless. You may find it's all you need, or you may find you want to go further.
    Oh no! Now you tell me. LOL

Seriously though, it's odd. I feel weird wearing guys' briefs, but am usually fine with the rest of the boy-mode wardrobe. As Pat suggests, I don't worry about it and do what I need to do to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Hi and welcome.

From all I've read, it is common, but for a variety of reasons. I've abandoned my guy briefs and boxers in favor of all manner of panties. the overall comfort is amazing, but my major reason for switching is that wearing them everyday is more in line with who I am. I'll often also have on a bra with attached forms -- relatively small for everyday wear when I'm not dressed fully femme, and a bit larger when I'm out and about as Rhonda. I try to express my femme side even when in guy mode, and being underdressed helps keep me centered on who I truly am.

Hope this gives some insight.
    How big a bra can I get away with when I'm in guy clothes? A C cup is clearly too large and an A is clearly safe. Is a B?

ps - Thank you all.