Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light confrontation today

^ Like^

Thinking one is a victim will make one angry, hateful and unhappy. We should all strive to be more like Tracii.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Frankly, I think there should be a bounty on folks like that, with an explanation of their misdeeds mounted along with their heads in the town square.

I was stuck in a taqueria and this elderly woman, there with what appeared to be a daughter and 2 grandkids was just yelling at everybody, including the children(who were quite well behaved). It was so irritating that I was tempted to interfere and tell her to stop abusing those children or I'd get family services into the act, but thought better of it. I suspect the younger woman and kids were financially dependent on this old woman; I can't think of any other reason they'd sit there and take that kind of crap.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Great story. Perfect example of how to respond - 1000% confidence without causing a scene. I know I would have had a hard time holding it together on both counts. I’m pretty sure that transfolk are not the only people subject to her scorn.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

What a Biatch! Unhappy with everything in life I'm sure. Poor husband, I bet he can never please her.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She has an ugly heart more than likely.

Hi Tracii, sorry to hear of your experience but sounds like you handled it well and others were on your side
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by paulaprimo View Post
    i once had a guy say to me, "are you a dude" not in a bad way, or a fight or
    flight situation, so i replied "i was just about to ask you that very same thing"
    he stood there for about 10 seconds with his mouth wide open, then broke out
    in laughter... we were fine after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I smiled and said good bye but FYI if you are going to wear sweat pants at least wear some SPANX please.
    Her mouth dropped open and she stood there.Her husband said come on lets go you are embarrassing me.
    These are epic responses. Handled so well. I would have been mortified and only much later would have thought of a response. You know kinda like Costanza did on Seinfeld when he thought up a day later, “oh yeah! Well the jerk-store called and they say they just ran out of you!”

Tracii and Paula... I bow down to your verbal smackdown skills.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Good job Tracii. Well played.

Tracii, you are a riot! I’ve experienced moronic behavior like that and you handled it well. Take the high ground and leave people like that in the dust

Some people are just not happy with themselves so they take it out on others.
    You handled to great and probably better than I would have .. Nice going!

Probably the lack of Spanx/sweatpants comment will bother her the most for a while !

Well played, Tracii! - being that quick on your feet (so to speak ) with such such an apt and well-deserved rejoinder is a true talent.

It is also a timely lesson for the rest of us here...we all need to have a repertoire of appropriate comebacks and well-aimed zingers at our disposal that we have honed and rehearsed beforehand, and that we can call upon at a moment's notice when the situation merits it.

Bullies come in all shapes, sizes, and genders. "Making nice" does not work with them. All they understand is being hit square on the head with a 2X4 (figuratively speaking, of course).

Thanks for sharing this, Tracii.
    Two things jumped out at me. First was the perfect way you handled this, taking the high road until you were confronted directly by the boor. Well done. Second, and rather more significantly, was the fact that the boor was the one that stuck out in polite society. Yes, there will always be a**holes, but we are not the reason they are what they are, and if we act accordingly, the decent people tend to recognize that ...and act accordingly.

Hugs,

Kelly

To you Tracii G, a "salute" I don't think I would have had the intestinal fortitude again I say good for you. be safe Karrin

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She took it to the point where I had to do something.
    Running was not an option so it was time to "not be nice".
    I do think she was expecting me to act like a guy but when I made the huge sweep with my hand in an "Oh no you didn't just say that" gesture she knew something was different about me.
    He husband and daughter had that look like they had been in that situation more than once and I truly feel bad they have to deal with her.
    They both seemed to be nice people so I didn't want to bring them into the situation.
    I wouldn't call it quick wit but more an honest reaction to what I was looking at.
    I doub't anyone could practice how to respond to people like this.

Perfect, Tracii! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix