Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light confrontation today

Lol, poor lady, or fill in the balnk ____, probably had to go home and google Spanx to understand the takedown.

Silver Member
    I think I might have used the ugly comeback. When I get home I can change clothes, but you can't change ugly woman. The really good thing for me is I can handle almost anyone in a fight. Lots of training.

Well done Tracii. You handled yourself well and put her in her place without stooping to her level. I can only hope I am up to the task equivalently if I'm ever in a similar situation.

Kudos to Tracii! You kept your cool and the moral high ground and still zinged her!
    Additional kudos to the bystander who let the witch know she was out of line.

But from what you related about her bitchin about random other topics, it sounds like she is just a miserable person who can't see the good, only the negative.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Way to go. I wish I had your bravery; she demonstrated all the reasons I will not go out.

And Tracii demonstrated all the reasons you should. Good show.
    Last edited by Pat; 12-02-2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: spelling. D'oh!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Tracii,
    I try to imagine myself in that situation and how I would react. I don't think I could have kept my cool the way you did.
    Like a lady

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    The Spanx bit - priceless! Thank you Traci for brightening my morning.

To all the gurls who say "This is why I don't go out" : If you don't spread your wings, you'll never be able to fly!

In my voyages out, the worst I have encountered (so far), is the stink eye, from one individual, which I returned with a smile. She didn't know how to react to that, so I count it as a win.

What I'm saying is: Don't deny yourself because of fear. There is a whole, wonderful world out there... Be yourself, be proud, be adventurous!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

- Frank Herbert, Dune
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Hell-o Traci,
    OMG! You frickin' ROCK girlfriend!

Jodi...I've always liked "If you don't jump, you'll never
    know if you can fly!"
    Visual?...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 12-02-2017 at 04:33 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Traci, you get extra points for handling it perfectly.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great that you held your ground with your head high. Way to go Tracii.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    Great way to handle her, Tracii, and making her husband uncomfortable as well. He didn't deserve the embarrassment, but as he did nothing to stop her, he was just as guilty
    As long as they keep quiet and don't to anything to egg the nasty person on, I just give the relative/friend(s) a pass. Men, especially will pretty much do anything to appease a woman in order to have sex with her. I'm guilty of overlooking some bad behavior myself, all in order to keep the sex available. I know, I know, it's not the best way to live, but hey, I want the sex.
    And AFA family members, well, they're stuck with the nasty person too, and simply by the way the nasty person behaves, it's likely that they, too, have been the target of the nasty person at some point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Nicely handled, Tracii. I probably wouldn't have handled it as elegantly.
    Maybe said something like, "Ma'am, I heard your remarks so I licked your silverware before you were seated. Have a nice day." Then wave to the husband, "Nice to see you again! Call me!"
    Rather than insult the lady directly, perhaps it would have been better to simply tell her that it's such a shame that she is raising her child to become a bigot, and let that be the last comment.

The nasty people of the world rarely learn the error of their ways. Many are brought up that way, either by parents or by groups with terribly awful religious beliefs (or both), so all we can usually do is just provide a better example of how to behave to others. Rather than fight and demand respect AS a CD/TG person, I try to demonstrate to the mean folks around me that everyone deserves to be respected, even if they're not like us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well played well played

I would have just left, and been pretty shook up about it. I avoid confrontation generally, and especially when dressed. I probably would have wished I could handle it more like Tracy did, but I'm such a coward when it comes to stuff like this. Thankfully, I've never been confronted in this way.

A milder experience I did have... I would have been probably 21. My wife had to work Saturdays, so that was my day to wear her clothes (with her permission) and go out and do my thing. At the time I was 100% confident that I was completely passable anywhere. I found out not. I stopped in McDonalds mid morning in a dress and heels (first mistake). When I first walked in I saw the girl behind the counter go bug-eyed. I knew she read me. I ordered and carried my tray around the corner. Two cowboy-looking guys with their girlfriends came in as I was walking away. The girl behind the counter told them, "Be careful over there. There's a guy dressed as a woman!" I took about two bites and left, hoping that they wouldn't do/say anything, which they didn't.

Almost 40 years later, I still remember it vividly. That was the first time anybody even acted like they read me. I became even more obsessed with passing, and probably passed even less because of some of the things I did. The memory of even that mild encounter still frequently floats into mind when I'm out. Thankfully, negative experiences have been rare. My life "out" has been overwhelmingly positive, but there are those times...

That must have taken a boatload of tongue holding and patience on your behalf Tracii. Even the husband knew she was acting as a total buffoon. I am in awe of your self confidence and your ability to handle a possible explosive situation.

Sounds a lot like the typical reaction to the area in which I live. I am sorry for the rudeness you encountered, but you handled it superbly, great job.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have always acted like a girl when it came to throwing barbs and remembering the little things that people did that aggravated me.
    That used to drive my second wife crazy,she would say arguing with you is like arguing with a woman.

I use the Road House method of dealing with people which is "be nice until its time to not be nice.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-02-2017 at 11:20 AM.

I like that, you have to remain calm to be able to cut them down like that.

Most of my differences have all been in retrospect....

I could have handled the retorts better and shot them down in flames.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This takes me back to western Colorado in 1973 when my band (four members) stopped at a restaurant. There was a table of cowboy types that started repeating, "hippies stink" along with other comments. None of us responded to the comments. We sat there for 45 minutes and didn't get waited on so we left.

Tracii, you handled the situation so well. You're very much a hero to your peers. Thanks for sharing.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi, Tracii! As others have said, it's regrettable that you had to endure that nonsense, and the way she kept coming back to give you more was crazy .

But she's fixed now. Good job! .

- Lydianne.

Banned Spammer
    Ressie I was a hippie in the 60's so I remember those looks quite well.
    Thanks Lydianne I have met more women than men who will egg on a argument and escalate things.
    Men realize that physical contact will happen if you keep it up but women think nobody will retaliate because they are a woman.
    She had a big mouth and an ego to match and it needed to be checked.
    I did feel bad for her man and daughter they were both having to listen to her.
    I can only hope she is "fixed".LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Rather than insult the lady directly, perhaps it would have been better to simply tell her that it's such a shame that she is raising her child to become a bigot, and let that be the last comment.
    Really? You think the better option would have been to insult her child, bringing the child and probably the husband into it? That seems like an escalation to me. Tracii focused on the person who was the problem and didn't widen the engagement. Seemed pretty like a pretty cool solution to me.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    If the server or management of the restaurant had observed her behavior it would have been proper for her to be tossed from the restaurant. I can only assume from the reaction of her husband that he has had to endure her bad and rude behavior constantly. Happy to read another woman called her rudeness out. I had to chuckle at your comment and her reaction. I have seen over my seven decades on the earth too many people comfortable with their rude behavior and expect no push back. Frankly, if I were a customer at the restaurant observing her rudeness to you I would have gotten up and went to the manager to lodge a complaint. Such behavior not only makes it uncomfortable for you, it makes it uncomfortable for others around you.

Banned Spammer
    Stephanie47 I choose to deal with people like that head on and directly,dragging in management or making a big scene isn't my thing.
    I'm no trans activist or SJW and will not claim to be a victim to other people in a public setting.
    She steps on me honey I will step back thats just the way I am.
    If you let them treat you that way and cry to someone else (management) for help you are advocating for having a victim mentality IMO.
    I will never be a victim and will always stand up for myself.