Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Symphony

The Symphony

ADVENTURES OF ILENE. A Night At The Symphony.

The Wife, bless her heart, was traveling for the weekend and unable to attend. She knew I was going dressed up, and I apparently went with her blessing. She didn't like the idea of me going out dressed up, but she helped comb my wig and checked my concert clothes the evening before she departed. [I’ll catch up with her next weekend.]

I dropped her off at the airport and devoted the day in preparation. I painted my nails and did a thorough close shave; and got dressed in Ilene casual.
    I had an ULTA appointment that almost went bad quickly. There are 2 stores within 10 miles in the same town. I went to the WRONG ULTA store, much to my embarrassment. The store clerks were such darlings to call the other store to verify my appointment. Even though 15 minutes late I still made the appointment with my brow technician.

My natural eyebrows are a forest; a white forest. Even for my Guy Mode the wife always told me to do something with that mess. This was my first eyebrow treatment.

Myranda, my technician, did a waxing of my brows and cut them down to manageable size. She was great to work with; a young woman of her late 20s. I gave her a near-impossible puzzle to solve. Tame and style my wild brows, keeping in mind that I am a slowly transitioning [crossdressing] woman who still lives half her life in male mode. I couldn’t have the brows TOO feminized; not at this time. But I wanted them looking good enough, and convertible to femme mode.

Myranda knew her stuff and gave me precisely what I requested.
    I had a professional makeup application immediately following the brow grooming. I very much enjoyed working with Linda, my artist. She was a more mature lady of late 30-ish; well made up as were all the ULTA staff. Linda was very respectful of my transgender status. I told her that I needed make up for a special or formal event, but not garishly done. I did not want a drag queen look.

Linda made some suggestions on changing colors, particularly lipstick and foundation. I let her proceed according to her professional expertise. Linda did a smart, professional job. The only ‘disappointment’ I felt during the experience as a pushiness to sell me product. I didn’t need it, but it was the first time following a make over I felt pressed to buy something. That said, I loved her work and I ran home to dress.

LInda the MakeUp Artist -FC.jpeg Mirror Selfie in Black Symphony outfit-FC.jpeg

I decided upon my red burgundy long skirt and a black silk turtleneck for the evening. I wore my new 2 inch black pumps (which hurt my feet as new shoes, but I still love them.)

I barely made first call and dimming of the house lights due to heavy traffic into downtown. The woman of a couple who were approximately my age (65) sat a seat away, the only other people in our short row. Joann introduced herself, and I as well. She related that they lived locally and were big Beethoven fans. They attended the earlier fall concert and were eager to hear Beethoven again. She was quite kind, though I know she “made” me from the start despite my good makeup work.

Boettcher Hall Lobby for Beethoven-FC.jpeg Outside Boettcher Concert Hall -FC.jpeg

After the first overture played, a college aged woman came to sit next to me. Her father worked as one of the backstage technicians. She attended free of charge. She was also quite amicable and wanted to talk when the music stood down. At no time did she ever bat an eye at the large person who “looked like a woman and talked like a man.” Not a sly amused grin ever appeared on her face. See didn't see a "joke" next to her. So polite and engaging.

The music was fantastic, of course. Love the romantic composers. The symphony played one overture, a piano concerto, and the entire Symphony No. 4.

Now for practical business. When the last notes of the first set were hanging in the air, I dashed for the lady’s room. A bottle of water, a couple pre-concert wines in the lobby, and the learned politeness of concert protocol had me in an urgent situation.

The one thing I do not appreciate about my MtF conversion is having to wrestle off layers of shape wear, pantyhose, forms, (etc.)., for the simple act of urination. I thank the Lord that women’s restrooms are built around private stalls. When I was done, I washed hands and slowly worked my way out of the restroom past the thick line of waiting GG’s. No one gave me an evil eye or gasped, so I consider the mission a success.

The concert finished. I enjoyed my walk in the cool night air and back to my vehicle. My intention was to go to the Denver Hamburger Mary’s. I’d never been there. The traffic out of the city again was so horrible, I spent almost an hour just getting clear of the jam. At that point I just went home to savor a great evening out en femme.
    Last edited by IleneD; 12-06-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    My idea of a great night out Ilene. You look terrific by the way.

Daisy x

You look great - thanks for sharing your concert

Ilene,
    You looked lovely and I am sooo jealous of your evening out. A classical concert enfemme is definitely one of the things on my bucket list.

Ilene, what a great story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Ilene, what a great night out.

The 4th symphony Is a gem, but not that often performed in my experience ( I am also a big Ludwig fan).
    I am envious on both counts.
    Julia

Hi Ilene,

What a wonderful evening! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time.

Elizabeth

You look fabulous! An inspiring story of being out and about.

Good job on the brows. The difference from your avatar is amazing and contributes to your presentation in a big way.
    Live and let dress.

What a great night you had! A nice on the eyebrows! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Your story was as beautiful as you look, and you look great. Thanks for sharing.

What a great evening you had Ilene. You looked great ! I’m so jealous of you.
    I would love to do that, but I would want to experience the outing en femme with my SO.
    Would your SO have joined you if she did not have a prior engagement?
    Thanks for sharing.

PS. My wife does not like my eyebrows and is begging me to have them shaped, (femme shaped). I have in the past but for some reason more worried about having them noticed this time.
    Last edited by ShaunaTossaint; 12-06-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Added a PS

Silver Member
    "You're lovely to look at, delightful to know ...." What a pretty lady! The eyebrows look wonderful, Ilene! I wish I could have gone with you. Who took the theatre photos?

Wow! That is great. Good forf you. We have season symphony tickets and have ahd so for years. I would love to do what you did, but my wife would NEVER accept that and we know a lot of those that attend and they know nothing about Alice

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a great experience! Lovely pics

Sounds like a blast. And as for your end-of-concert issue: I am always careful to super hydrate in the morning before going out, then avoid fluids for an hour or two before going out. I’ve used ladies rooms before but as you pointed out, it can get a bit... unwieldy.

Thanks for sharing a great story! For many years attending concerts was my opportunity for going out while nicely dressed. Unfortunately, many current concert goers dress more like I would if I were working around home.
    Hugs, Carole

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a great evening, Ilene! I'm jealous! I've taken a T friend of mine with me dressed to a local professional synphony concert.

But, I don't pass well enuff and am not brave enuff to go dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You looked great and certainly showed that you passed and/or society no longer cares.
    Hugs, Ellen

Ilene
    I am glad you went and had a great time

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Sounds like a perfect evening Ilene, spot on presentation for the event and I love your turn of phrase. Glad you had a great time .
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Great presentation and outing experience! You're getting so much acceptance that it probably won't be too long before your wife will be pleased to accompany you out. Bring on the next one! .

- Lydianne.

A lovely story by a lovely lady! Isn't is surreal when in an atmosphere like that to look at the other ladies, how they are dressed and know YOU BELONG! You are one of them. That feeling is intoxicating.

Very happy for you dear, you deserved every second of it!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Ilene,
    A nice chronicle of events.

Obviously a memorable night out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you Ilene! Sounds like a very memorable evening with several learning experiences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.