Thread: First time out!

First time out!

Wow...I did it! My wife and I some days ago went to a mall in a nearby town, I was fully dressed as a woman, for the first time in public. I can't believe it... No more than six months ago nobody ever saw me dressed. But now, mostly thanks to my wonderful encouraging wife, I was in the middle of other people.
    Those of you that already tried it probably know what I'm talking about... I wasn't enjoying anything in the first hour or so... I was frightened to have people watching me, I couldn't imagine to enter in a shop or talking to someone. I was just sticking to my wife asking if I was all right! All of a sudden we entered in an H&M store and, slowly, I gained some confidence. We picked up some dresses and we went to the changing room. Watching myself at the mirror was really a moment of peace and self-confidence. It was crazily joyful, to have her keeping my bag while I was in the changing room, and we discussing about what I was trying... And she tried something too... I entered in a new state of mind. I felt beautiful and acceptable. It was amazing. I started smiling!
    I came out completely different, went to the cash desk, exchanged some easy words with the shop assistant. At that moment I felt I could do anything... I wanted to have a coffee, and enter somewhere else; I didn't care much of the (scarce) looks by other people. But time was over.... We had to come back.
    I felt as my first scuba dive, years ago: when I just started to feel comfortable, the dive was ended; but I kept desire to do it again, to feel so good again.
    I must say people don't care much... Some notice me, obviously, mostly because, even without heels, I'm 6 ft high; but nothing else happens. I understood that I felt comfortable when I started accepting myself as I am. It's a new public image of me, that I strive to fully accept; it took time to get accustomed to it. Not a lot of time (an hour isn't that much) but somehow I feel it had to happen slowly.
    Next time I hope i will feel better some time earlier... I think I will spend more time at the mirror at home, to gain confidence and self-acceptance.
    My wife was really right (aren’t wives always so?) showing me that much of my closeted CD wardrobe wasn’t suitable for going out at the mall, simply because I don’t need to attract attention. Attention on me was already more than enough.
    And now? A lot of projects for the future…
    Once again, I can’t thank you as it should for all I learned from this forum. I am really glad when I read here something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    First of all I don't consider it an addiction.
    It's as much a part of who I am as being right handed, or my eye and hair color. This was not something that I chose to do, like start smoking or drinking and the like. It's an integral part of who I am.
    I feel the same. This forum helped me a lot to understand it!
    Last edited by Mafalda; 12-02-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Sounds like a great first time (great wife too)

Awesome! Congratulations to the both of you. I'm happy you're talking about "next time."
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Awesome!

Congratulations. Isn't it a great feeling!!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Way to go!

Banned Read only
    Mafalda,
    So good to hear it all went well especially with your wife to guide you.

She is so right, doing everyday is harder than dressing to the nines , to a CDer toning it down feels we are making an understatement , we haven't made enough of an effort to look our best, GGs do this everyday, we must listen carefully to them .

The point about the stares or double takes, don't forget not many people have seen a CDer in reality , they don't quite believe what they are seeing , we have to accept we don't pass 100% and never will . They aren't all looking to be malicious , some will think you are a GG and some will think you look pretty good and very convincing . I settle for that comment being considered convincing is more than I ever expected.

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience and your lucky to have such an encouraging wife.

Yes indeed, WOW!

You have an amazing wife.

A very ambitious first time out. Good for you. You will find it gets easier.

Thank you all for your kind posts!
    I'm really happy to share this important moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Mafalda,
    The point about the stares or double takes, don't forget not many people have seen a CDer in reality , they don't quite believe what they are seeing , we have to accept we don't pass 100% and never will . .
    Teresa, it's true, I ever wonder how little people know about crossdressing! There's still a lot of work to do...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Banned Read only
    Mafalda,
    I recently recalled a story when I was sitting having tea in a hotel lounge and overheard a husband and wife debating if I was a real woman or not. It was a lovely moment , the wife thought I was a Cder the husband was adamant I was a real woman. I solved their problem when I walked over and offered the local newspaper to the wife , the look on the husbands face was priceless !

Mafalda, congratulations. It's worse in our minds than in reality.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations, May you have many more outings.
    Sara

What a great story to share other, I'm sooo happy for your new found confidence. Have fun and many many more outings and stories.

YAAAAAAAAAY! Good for you! It’s really exciting and gets the adrenaline going the first few times but that begins to settle down so don’t get too used to it. I’ve gotten to the point now that sometimes I have to look down to remind myself which “mode” I’m in.

Sounds like you had a great time! And what a wonderful wife! Here is to many more future outings! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I want to hear about next time, it should be sooo easy for you now. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome to the world!

Here's to growing confidence in the future!

I wish my SO was as accepting as yours. We DADT and it leaves a huge gap in the relationship.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/