Thread: Where I am

Where I am

Been awhile since I posted here so I thought it was time I posted an update. I am neck deep in transition. After jumping through the hoops at a VA hospital that had no idea how to deal with me (not in a bad way, simple lack of experience-they have been very supportive), I started hormones mid-November. I lost 60 pounds this year. My hair is well below my shoulders and I am more comfortable with myself. Though I am not completely "out" to everyone, I am not hiding either. Nobody asks and I don't tell.

Still fighting through personal issues: finalize divorce, end of anoher long relationship because of transitioning, mother flip-flopping in her support but I am happier every day which is what I needed.

Next year will be a big year but I am looking forward to it, the true me finally emerges!
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Danni, I can relate as I’m on my beginning as well also in a divorce process. I learn new things on how to go about this and
    this place has been a good resource
    Wish you well and blessings Rachael

Congratulations, Danni. Sorry there's so much turbulence around your transition, but if you find you're getting happier day-to-day I think you're on the right track. Good luck!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Danni, I wish you all the best in your transition. Knowing what is best for yourself is what is most important.

Wow Danni...

me in 2008-09

Lost 60++ lbs
    Wasn't "out" but not hiding..
    started hormones

let hair grow (blessed to have it, but it was sooo awkward)

just finalized divorce..

mom didn't flipflop as much as she just wished I wouldn't do it..(but in end, she was just worried for me)

sounds so similar!!! and next year I had surgery and transition happened..

keep working hard and stay focused on your goal to live your identity

you are doing great
    I am real

Congrats. Glad to hear that through all your opposition, trials and tribulations that you are still happy with how your body is finally becoming what you want it to be. Hope everything else starts moving in a better direction for you.

Wow, I can so relate. Big hugs and congrats on what you have accomplished so far. I wish things could be a lot smoother for your transition.

I'm in a similar spot as you are, with a few extras.

I'm in the middle of moving to another State and have the decision of going as stealth as I can when I get there, or not. I'm thinking about doing what I'm doing now and not hiding it, but not advertising it either. Just relax and just be.

I've also already handled my transfer from the VAMC I'm at now to the local one where I'm moving to. I already have my first appointment with my new Clinic at the beginning of January and I'm so looking forward to this move.

Good luck to you as you progress in your Transition.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.