Thread: Great Experience at Macy's

Great Experience at Macy's

Last week I had the opportunity to visit a Macy's store a couple hours away from home. I was dressed in skinny jeans with my uggs knockoffs and boot socks. I wore an Old Navy hooded workout top that had a scoop neck. Pushup bra, torso shaping cami, and panties underneath. I then had on my comfy oversize sweatshirt jacket. I didn't have time to put on makeup and get my wig just right (I am not happy unless makeup and hair are perfect) and my time was limited. Anyway, I went into this Macy's and shopped in the junior's department. I picked up a few pairs of their Celebrity Pink skinny jeans in a couple of sizes. I have several pair already, they are my favorite. I also picked up a couple of tops and a cute dress. There were a couple of women using the fitting room so I wandered around until they were finished. I then asked the S/A if it was ok to use the fitting room and she said "Sure!", I half expected her to say I had to go to the men's dept. She was about mid 20's and super nice. I'm clearly a dude in girl clothes using the juniors dept. fitting room. I tried everything on and sadly the dress and tops did not fit right,(darn football player shoulders) but I decided to buy two pairs of the jeans. The same S/A checked me out, asked me how everything fit, and helped me out with a discount coupon. Awesome experience and great confidence booster. I still would never try this near home where the likelihood of running into someone I know or work with is much higher.

Sounds like a great and fun outing outing.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    As someone who has worked in retail way longer than planned, I can tell you that stores LOVE hearing from customers.

Be sure to go to their website and leave feedback. It'll make that SA's day, and you might get an additional coupon or perk for taking the time to do it.
    Life is too short to be boring.

You did the right thing by shopping away from home.

I also shop in the childrens size 16 rack.

The clothes fit me well.

Sizes vary so much that a pair of size 12 skinny jeans from the womens section fitted me also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Michelle, I have had positive experiences at Macy's at the makeup counter. I'm glad that you have had a positive experience as well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I had never feel intimated shopping in ladies department , most female mind their own business shopping anyway .

I never look around at others and my mind is busy on looking for .

Glad you enjoyed your shopping Michelle.

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time out shopping! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love Macy's the SA's are so nice.
    Glad everything went well on your shopping trip.

Congradulations on your shopping trip. Over the years, Ive gotten to where I pay no attn. to others while shopping. Try to pick items that I know will fit, so that using dressing rooms is avoided. Only rarely have had someone ask why I was in the womens depts.. Shopping online has made things So Much Easier!! Do have a Macys store that have passed thru multiple times on my mall excursions. No one paid any attn. at all. Blessings.. Toni G..

I have been shopping in the ladies department for quite a while too with no issues. Most people could care less or think you are buying a gift for someone. This is the first time I have used the ladies dept. fitting rooms though and I definitely didn't want to creep out any GGs, just wanted to be one of the girls. Good idea Allison, I will look into sending feedback. I wasn't sure what Macy's policy is and I didn't want to get the sweet S/A in trouble for anything. Thanks for the support everyone.

Silver Member
    Glad to hear of such a positive shopping experience. Every time anyone goes out and has a good time like that, I cheer.

Yes, Macy’s is my #1 go to store. I’ve always had very positive experiences there. I think she knows or suspects. I found out who my favorite SA’s supervisor was and told her how pleased I was with her SA, and to give her a raise.