Thread: She’s a Big Lady....

She’s a Big Lady....

My wife and I went out to dinner at a favorite Greek restaurant. It was a lovely night in the mid 70’s and a light breeze. Since I’m handicapped, I usually use a scooter to go long distances and I think it disguises my 195lb/6’ body. Since it wasn’t far from the car to the restaurant and I am gaining confidence, I used the 4wheel walker instead of the scooter.

We entered the restaurant, the middle aged, Greek hostess greeted us and lead use to a booth directly across from another boothwith 2 couples. The hostess volunteered to take the walker, so as I handed her the walker, I put my hand and weight on the table to ease myself into the booth. Unfortunately, the booth wasn’t anchored to the wall and tipped sharply towards me.

My wife looked very surprised, recovered, and loudly exclaimed, “With th grace of a gazelle!”. In her Greek accented voice, the hostess added, “She is a big lady!” I slide into the booth, recovered my composure, and had a good laugh. The couples across from us never even looked our way.

Throughout the evening, I never got a second look. We had a lovely dinner and night out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How was dinner ?

Cute story. A couple of times people have mentioned my size (especially in heels) and I usually tell them "I prefer to think of myself as a Celtic warrior goddess."
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Boudicca for the win. Woad trip!

Pat, love the Celtic Godess Comment. I am 6foot three with out shoes and 189 pounds. if I wore four inch heels I would be an Amazon. Since I have a mustache I don't try to pass as a woman. I just dress for my eyes and a few friends. When I do go out to a restaurant dressed I wear flats, skinny jeans, a natural gender blouse, panties, pantyhose and a modest bra. I have never had a negative comment and always enjoy my meal with whoever I'm with. Have had a few waitresses comment in a positive way on my outfit. Overall I think most people are to occupied with themselves to notice if we keep our dress modest.

Nice story, Joyce. Hope they fasten their furnishings! As a partially disabled Older Girl myself, have "Girly canes" that I use when stepping out. Helps with the Old-lady-out-shopping persona. Don't need the walkers yet, but guess that I would prob get one with "femme" coloring. !

Joyce, what a great story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What a wonderful story, I wish I could have been there to help you with an arm and at least hold your purse!

Joyce, it's your positive attitude that made it easy. Your wife sounds great to.

From the title I was expecting a rude/snide comment. Glad it all worked out for you.

Good story and sounds like a good evening out.

Most people are so Into them selves they are totally unaware to what's going on around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan Ailbhe View Post
    Boudicca for the win. Woad trip!
    So 't'is just we two lassies then, who know who Boudica was? LOL

Nice story, Joyce. Proves, yet again, what a non-event it is when we go out and just be ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    So 't'is just we two lassies then, who know who Boudica was? LOL
    Actually, I DID know who Boudica was, lass, but for those of ye that donna 'ave a bit of a clue, 'ere's a link that tells more about t' fair warrior queen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie