Thread: Driving around

Driving around

I was driving around the other day and I was wearing my daily guy shirt but had I my bra and my water filled balloons on. I didn't think to much of it but as I was driving, I noticed other drivers were staring. I got to nervous and stopped at a gas station and left the bra on but took the balloons out. Worried that I'll get pulled over one day while dressed and worried that the cop will say something.

What part of NC were you driving in? I ask because we're considering moving to NC for retirement to be near family and grand kids. I'm used to the relative freedom of northern Virginia, where I can go out as Rhonda pretty much day or night and blend well enough to freely go anywhere. Took me a long time to get to the point where I understood that most people around here really don't care.

Were you en femme? Or were you in guy clothes with boobs? Makes a big difference? I worry that there will be zero acceptance in NC, based on some very intolerant beliefs that I've heard espoused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Hi, Christine! My first adventure out was a daytime drive! It was before make up and a wig! I had breast enhancers and a bra on! Drove past two police officers who could plainly see in the car! Nothing! Past a flagman on a road repair project! He could plainly see in the car! Nothing! I often have gone for a drive dressed!(Wig and make up) Stopped and got gas dressed! Nothing! If you mind your own business almost everyone else minds theirs!
    Rhonda, I live in NC. I have been out to the mall, out walking at a shopping center, and getting gas! No ill comments or looks! OK, a pair of teenage girls laughed and glanced my way at the mall and a man paying for his gas did a second look but nothing negative from him! I do however work with one of those who does not approve of the LGBT in any form especially T and the whole bathroom thing! There is prejudice here but I really do not notice it in day to day life!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    Driving around as a guy with boobs will cause people to stare. Wouldn't you stare if you saw a guy with boobs? I did that myself in the beginning but I drove in the country. As for the police, it's not illegal for a male to wear a bra and fake boobs. If they stop you it will be for something else. The risk is, if they pull you over and you try to remove your boobs, they may think you are reaching for a weapon or hiding drugs. If they pull you over, just leave the boobs on and deal with it.

Your best bet is to dress as a woman. Not half and half.

As far as NC, I don't live there but I have visited there many times. It's a nice, laid back place and the population doesn't walk around with pitchforks hunting crossdressers like some on this forum make it out to be. The people there are just like the people in any other state.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Christine82 View Post
    I didn't think to much of it but as I was driving, I noticed other drivers were staring.
    I've always found it's almost impossible to get a good look at other drivers when you yourself are on the road and driving. In movies it always seems easy, but I've tried a few times just to see if I could and it's a game of angles and requires more attention than I can afford to spare when operating a vehicle. Is there a chance that you might just have been feeling paranoid?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

If I'm on the road and driving, I'm paying more attention to the road and where the vehicles around me are. The last thing I'm looking for is to see if the driver of the car next to me is a dude in a wig and a dress.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Partly dressed you are vying for attention, go the whole way and you will be a lot safer.

Most people including me are just trying to avoid other cars let alone what is driving them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.