Thread: That was close

That was close

Most mornings I get to sit in our front room for an hour or so wearing a pull on skirt with a drab top while I play suduko on my tablet.
    I'm not visible to passers by but can see a reflection into the road in the tv screen.
    This morning I happened to glance up to see the reflection of a silver car pulling up outside. I realised it was a friend of mine. So I quickly pulled on my sweat pants and made sure all was hidden when a second or so later he looked into the room.
    Had I not seen him arrive he would have seen me in my stripped tube skirt and shaved legs. Explain that away! Exciting this cd'ing isn't it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Good catch Helen! That could have been a little awkward...

The fear is always part of the rush. Keep one eye open. Thanks for sharing.

Part of the stress, always being on our guard
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Reality Check
    Your friends look through your windows before they knock on the door?

Have you considered curtains, shades or blinds for the window? Or sitting somewhere else?

You had a close call today but what about the next time?
    Krisi

Nosey to say the least apart from being intrusive and rude, I had just the same problem with a friend and put up net curtains at all the windows and that fixed the problem, but on the other hand what does it matter who sees you dressed, the more that know the easier life is, everybody near me knows and more besides as well after all what wrong is there in doing what we do on top of that within our 4 walls what we do is our business but speaking for myself much easier because I can go out to meat the post lady dressed and sign for a letter or parcel and life is just as usual.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Call me paranoid but I have CCTV cameras covering the front and rear of my house. When dressed I have the computer screen on and can see anyone approaching my driveway. Not ideal but I've had too many close calls in the past with people turning up unexpectedly, and a few extra seconds can make the difference between being seen or not.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Indeed it might have taken your friendship to a whole new level...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Call me paranoid but I have CCTV cameras covering the front and rear of my house.
    And that is why I moved away from Manchester at the earliest opportunity. No need to lock my doors now!

Well nowhere is really safe. My sister lives in very upmarket Ludlow, and got robbed. So far, touch wood, I haven't been.

A while ago when I was working from home and able to dress 6-8 hours a day I was sat in my office which is at the back of the house when I heard a noise in one of the front bedrooms. I went to investigate and as I was about to walk into the room I realised it was the window cleaner. Now that could had been awkward.

A case of the George Formby's "If you could see what I could see, when I'm cleaning windows" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmAeijj5cM

About five years ago I had the roof of my house redone, scaffolding all over it. It was a Saturday and no work was scheduled. I had some dress time and about an hour in a van turns up, out get six workmen who are up the scaffolding in no time. Curtains are all open!, had to do a quick dive into the bathroom and there ended my time. Wan't happy!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What does a skirt do to a pair of sweatpants when you have them pulled up over the skirt?
    It would be all bunched up and look funny wouldn't it?

Traci,

The skirt is a stretch pencil skirt that is just knee length. I fold it so the hem is up at the waistband. That way the fold line sits just at the top of my legs. In effect it becomes a wide belt and as far as I can tell is hidden successfully. And believe me I've scrutinised the mirror many times to see if it shows and thankfully it doesn't. Isn't it amazing these little skills we develop?

This time of the year for me I usually the most stressful for dressing. Our house sits a few hundred yards off of the highway in a large field. My back porch is of a size that is very large with chairs and tables and BBQ pit. I sometimes in the summers can go out on the back porch and enjoy the sun set in various outfits. I can hear any one driving in to the road leading to the house. This time of year is too cool to sit out back and thus I dress inside the house. I've been several times in lipstick, full dress and heels and hear a knock on the door, never heard them drive up so where ever I'm at in the house I usually just have to freeze till they leave. Luckily I can pull my jeep and truck inside of the camper and boat building thus it looks like no ones home as people can't see in the metal building and they think I'm gone to the farm in the truck or out hunting in my jeep. That's kept me from getting caught many times.
    It's that knocking on the door that chills my blood and makes my heart speed up till I hear them start their vehicle n leave or peek out the shades n see them leave.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like some of u girls either want to get "caught" or like the excitement of the possibility?

I don't desire either of those!
    So, I know when the gardners and pool guy usually show up. I never do outdoor shoots on those days. When I do indoor sessions, I tell me daughter in advance so she'll avoid that area. Plus, I stay away from any uncovered windows so neighbors, visitors, or passersby won't see Sherry.

I mean, how hard is it to dress in private if u really want to? It isn't quantum physics------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Jaylyn: I have used that trick, but leave my car and truck out so they can be seen. My daughter lives in walking distance to my house, so my excuse is: I must have walked down to see my daughter when you came by.

The problem with doing it that way is, it ruins the mood when people wear the doorbell button out, because they think you will answer the door if they keep ringing the bell.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    It isn't quantum physics------
    9780553052435-us-300.jpg

No, but this is! Seriously, avoiding workmen or casual visitors is easy, but your wife, sons, who all have keys and can and do turn up randomly are harder to deal with.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 12-05-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Had a few of these over the years. Do have All windows covered w/drapes behind those useless blinds. One case that could have been a disaster--did have a "boss" that made a late-nite unexpected visit to my door. Had misplaced his keys, and needed access to the shop bldg. Very Quick Change ! Since it was cold out, used gloves to cover my Red nail polish! Also recently-had to do same thing when neighbor showed up with items for me. So outside I went with gloves on, Panties and Bra on under hastenly-donned manclothes! Blessings.. Toni G..

Similar experience for me today. Full dress with hair, makeup, skirt, thigh highs blouse and heels. I wandered onto my back screened in patio for the first time ever. I’ve never been out of the house dressed as a female, so the patio was a big first step for me. I went out there for the purpose of taking some good ole phone pics. Anyway, I live in condo and there is a little path behind my home, maybe 25 yards from my patio. Well, here comes one of my neighbors walking her little dog. She’s always very chatty and will walk up to my patio if she sees me or my wife out there. Luckily I saw her reflection in my sliding glass doors before she were in a position to see me. I made a run for it, in heels no less, stepped on one of my little dog’s squeaky toys, so that excited him. Meanwhile, I’m still trying to get into the house without stepping on him and before I got caught by my ever so friendly but chatty neighbor. The only injury was to the squeaky toy and I made it back inside just in time.

Close doesn't really matter.

It's CAUGHT that counts. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Close only counts in hand grenades, horseshoes, and slow dancing.

Welcome to the crossdressers triathlon, where you have to race to the nearest safe place, change as fast as humanly possible, and get rid of all girly traces to avoid getting caught.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 12-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie