Thread: NYC observations, and question please

Aspiring Member

NYC observations, and question please

All,

We were in NYC for about 9 days over Thanksgiving week. Stayed in Greenwich, near NYU, and Washington Square Park. Couple blocks from Stonewall Tavern and the monument. Observed many, male gays out and about and enjoying life.

As a non-binary gender gifted person, I had my radar on. Saw many, many M expressing lesbians. Most gays just M mode.

Saw zero, and I mean zero F expressing males...and very few examples of gender-neutral/blend.

So I ask: where is my tribe? Do the M expressing F people vastly outnumber the F expressing genetic males?

With such a huge population in NYC, and our much wandering for many days, where are the T girls????

Just curious. Please do not over-react. Thanks in advance!

Maybe they blended so well that you didn't notice them.

You better turn the sensitivity up on your gaydar. :-)

We are out there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We are DEFINITELY out here -- just not necessarily all hanging out at Stonewall..

Aspiring Member
    Wasp,

Thanks for raising your hand! I do wonder about relative ratio of M to F and F to M.

Any thoughts?

blessings,
    Gina in TX

Casey
    I think it's very well established that M to F vastly outnumbered F to M, but I don't have the exact figures.

I don’t know that it’s “well established” at all. There are a lot of lesbians that dress in a way that muggles see as “crossdressing” or “dressing like a man” but I think if you asked them, many would vehemently deny that they are trying to express as “male”

I live in NY. There are no dedicated crossdresser bars ala Divas SF. In some cities the gay bars tend to be accepting places for everyone. In NY the gay bars are truly gay. There are a lot of us, but we do not congregate at specific places. I tend to go mostly to straight places, the Coffee Shop, SOBs, the Poisson Rouge to name a few.

I was in NYC over thanksgiving, and went out dressed nearly every day, in the East Village, around Washington Square and NYU, at the Met Museum, at the Cooper-Hewitt museum and the Guggenheim, and all over Houston, Nolita and 14th street. But I never saw you either, lol.

We spend about half our time in NYC and I dress most of the time there. But we don’t go to gay bars or T-girl joints, we just go everywhere and anywhere.

In group therapy sessions that I went to for trans people, I would say it was about equal for F to M and M to F.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.rafaela View Post
    I live in NY. There are no dedicated crossdresser bars ala Divas SF. In some cities the gay bars tend to be accepting places for everyone. In NY the gay bars are truly gay. There are a lot of us, but we do not congregate at specific places. I tend to go mostly to straight places, the Coffee Shop, SOBs, the Poisson Rouge to name a few.
    That isn't true, there are a ton of crossdressing friendly bars in NYC. Boots & Saddle, The Ritz, XES, Evolve Hardware, Pieces, Barracuda, Therapy, Industry-- and those are just some of the Manhattan bars. There are SO many more in Brooklyn.

Aspiring Member
    [QUOTE=Jackie7;4180944]I was in NYC over thanksgiving, and went out dressed nearly every day,

Jackie7,

Heck, we may have crossed paths. I was the guy from TX wandering the streets, buying a NYT, and dog watching (love the pups and owners in NYC).

Answers much appreciated! My youngest daughter, who is now a Gina advocate-- now that I have come out to her, and lives in Brooklyn--- perhaps one day will go out dressed up. That is a dream, to be sure. We have considered moving to the NYC area from Houston, TX area. Big change, but one plus would be relative progressive attitudes, and venues.

EVERY bar in NYC is crossdressing friendly!

I just have not seen a bar in NY recently where 90% of the girls in the bar are crossdressers. That would would be Divas in San Francisco, or the Las Vegas Lounge. There once was a bar called Edelweiss on 11th Ave. and 39th. It was packed with the most beautiful girls. But I only went there twice and would have never gone there dressed. It was constantly in the papers for being raided by police for drugs and prostitution.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I don't spend as much time in the village as I may have back in the day. Just doesn't matter so much where I go. It's nyc.generally speaking ppl don't care or don't have time to be bothered what someone else is doing. So wrapped up in their own world and phones.

Typically, in a day in Manhattan, I may notice a few, and probably miss a few around me due to the amount of people around me. I have seen CDers in broad daylight especially in the Greenwich are but not many. I would say those who are dressed just seem dispersed fairly evenly throughout Manhattan. The reality too is that we who go out in public to every day vanilla public is just a rare thing. Rare because those of us who are TG are rare, and even more rare that you will see those dressed in the common areas. Greenwich after dark on a weekend, you will see all kinds of diversity.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned