Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Depressed When In ‘Guy Mode’

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Yes I feel the same way love being en femme guy mode is depressing to me. But with time it goes away,usually a week for me ,sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by jack-ie View Post
    MM, if you look through old threads here you'll find many references to how relaxed and natural we feel when in fem. For many of us, we're locked into a, often work related, male facade that we wear several hours a day
    I've gotten around that problem by considering my male clothes as a 'uniform' that I wear in order to do certain chores. Just like an airline pilot wears their uniform to work, I wear my 'man work uniform' to do various chores that need to be done outside of my home.

So when you can't wear what you really want, just look at your man clothes as your work uniform.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There are days when I am doing something and I really would rather be in girl mode, and it's getting more and more that way all the time. I just purchased a running outfit and I'm going to go out jogging in girl mode soon, we'll see how that goes! I am happy with my normal male life though, but I am really excited and happy when I'm Lauren, usually just glowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

I can't really say I'm more depressed in guy mode, but I can say that I am much, much happier in gurl mode. I often regret having to revert back and look forward to the day when I have the courage to come out fully.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I have to say that I love my fem side better yet I have to go back to male mode and I don't get depressed over it. I look forward to my fem side.
    Part Time Girl

Its gender dysphoria. TG and TS people suffer it, and the way to fight it is to express that side of you that reduces the distress.
    Compartmentalizing and other coping skills can hope, but in most cases they only really last if the GD is mild.

TS people can't cope without extreme measures that run from hormones to transition.

I hope you can get help close to home. It's worth it, and in the meantime, the folks here are sharing alot of good thoughts.

My experience is the more you "fight it", the worse it gets. Acceptance and then expressing it are the key to making it through..
    I am real

MusicMeister, you could find a transgender, CD, TS group in your area, perhaps that could help getting an exchange with a few people.
    I now that feeling of stress as a guy. I also feel much less stressed or not stressed at all when in girl mode. Unfortunately, I can't be dressed as much as I want or need to. I think a therapy could be really helpful to you.
    Btw. you look great and very feminine.