Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Symphony

You looked wonderful and caught the second wire on the night.

Sounds like you had a great time Ilene. You look great.
    Part Time Girl

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure. Your look is elegant and quite appropriate for an evening concert.
    It sounds like you had a lovely evening (barring the traffic on the way to the concert hall and returning; one of life's everyday 'pleasures').
    I'll be at our local music hall with my wife this weekend. I'm sure that I'll mentally recall your trip while attending in drab.

You look perfect! Thank you for sharing. Sincerely, Brenda

Sounds like a great evening, your tech did a great job on the brows....bet you never stop having them done.

Ilene you look great and the makeup girl did a good job on your brows. My wife trim mine but they still look like a males after she's finished. My do get long hairs so she plucks those.
    I loved reading your story and am glad you had what sounds like a very enjoyable evening out. You look very eloquent and hamburger Marys doesn't sound that eloquent so maybe it was best you didn't get there.

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    I'm glad to read that your situation with your wife has improved and she agreed to your outing , it was a shame she wasn't able to enjoy a wonderful evening . Too many know about homeward journeys taking a little icing of the cake, at least you could relax and savour the evening.

One question, how much of the padding do you think you could shed before you became uncomfortable with the look and how much do you think people would begin to notice ? As you know I don't use any lower padding , so a natural break isn't a problem and I do admit I prefer to keep it as natural as possible I love how good the clothes feel to wear and how they move on my body .

Teresa:

Thanks for noticing and following the exploits of Ilene. Good Lord, I am having so much fun living as a woman like this. I've had all week, 24/7 to Be Ilene and live a more daily transitioned life.

I am interested by your question regarding my padding. Be honest with me, dear. I value what you say. Does it show and is it obvious I am wearing hip pads? Are the too much, do you think? These particular pads are my "thicker" and newer set of homemade foam pads. I felt like I had room under the long skirt to employ them.

As for going more without pads, I find it interesting you should ask at this time about that. On many of my daily and routine outings I've gone without hip shape wear. I still wear a bra and forms, but I've gotten away from "absolutely having to" shape my hips.

For example, I went out to a little CD/TG friendly pub last night. I wore a nice tunic sweater dress and leggings. No shape wear or hip pads. The tunic bloused enough around the skirt it wasn't necessary to dress my hips. I loved it. The feel and comfort of wearing just panties and a pair of legging tights (only) under my skirt was sweet. Not encumbered, so to speak. The one photo is with the pub performers (Harley and Victoria). The other is of the outfit I wore out that evening.

Ilene and the Queens -FC.jpeg Macy's Dressing Room in my own dress-FC.jpeg

I went out again this evening in the same No Pads mode; just jeans and a femme cowlick sweater. They were very skinny jeans with ankle boots, and I had on full make up and wig; so it worked that way.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    Thanks or your reply, I think you can carry it of without too much lower padding, OK I am lucky that my figure doesn't need the extra but as you say I still need a little extra something to boost my bust .

To me the natural look is more being the woman, the numerous magazines advise how they can make the most of their figure or play it down depending on what hey choose to wear. To me that is the art of CDing , think about your situation from a woman's angle and dress as they would.

I know I've made this comment before about a conversation with a good friend in a bridal shop when we touched on figure shape and the use of lower padding . She laughed and slapped her thighs and said , " Do you really think we want to carry all this extra baggage with us, I would give anything to have a figure and legs like you, it' not fair when you're a man ! You look so dam good in your pictures you would convince many people ."

Great night out Ilene, thanks for sharing and you looked great too!!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

You story radiated the joy you are feeling! I see that you remembered to smile! So nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    After the first overture played, a college aged woman came to sit next to me. Her father worked as one of the backstage technicians. She attended free of charge. She was also quite amicable and wanted to talk when the music stood down. At no time did she ever bat an eye at the large person who “looked like a woman and talked like a man.” Not a sly amused grin ever appeared on her face. See didn't see a "joke" next to her. So polite and engaging.
    This is what is commonly referred to as acceptance.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

It's a pleasure reading this account of a wonderful evening out.
    Like a lady

Aspiring Member
    Ilene,
    You look great for both nights out and your pre-concert appointments at Ulta seemed like very good experiences. Thanks for sharing your journey.

The votes were cast and the choice for a symphony outfit was the red on black with red shoes. I’m pleased with the choice because the concert crowd was decidedly conservative in their attire, and my bright red gown would have stood out like a beacon.

Handel This-posing w conductors -FC.jpeg
    Me in the lobby of the symphony hall.

One of the best parts of attending a special event, especially as a woman, is the preparation. I don’t know why I revel in it so. Prepare my nails (I tried false fingernails for the first time, and they were not cooperating so I went with my own paint.) Shower and lotion up on shaved legs. Doing my makeup. Sliding into girl underthings. Donning my femme attire. It’s a joyful ritual.

The concert itself was just amazing (even though I was attending solo). It was a great exercise in just getting out. I got down to the concert hall early and had a glass of wine at a small open sidewalk bistro bar.

I truly enjoyed the service personnel around the concert hall. So accommodating and helpful. No one ever batted an eye, gave a sly grin or a weird look at the large person in a dress. One server at the wine bar wanted to engage in a lengthy discussion (where I came from, etc.), and she complimented me on my overall “look”. I told my whole tale in my normal male baritone since I’ve not worked on a femme voice. I still keep it low key.

The concert was Handel's Messiah (played in 3 parts). I've always loved the music and have performed it in choir and instrument several times with various church groups I've played with. I had to go. My seats were high in the lower orchestra section, and in the middle. Perfect.

A trio of Chinese (I know because I heard them muttering in Chinese), sat next to me. I took their photo and they in turn took some pics of me. A more ‘mature’ woman also attending solo sat on my other side. She introduced herself and we chatted a little; but I noticed her turning and smiling slyly at me several times during the concert. No sure what it meant.
    Beottcher Hall Holiday display and Ilene -FC.jpeg
    I was a little more active about mixing with the concert crowd. I had a drink and wandered the lobby at intermission; managing a few photos and small idle chit-chat with a couple folks.

After the show, I met another one of our Forum Sisters at the Denver Hamburger Mary’s. Mandi is one of our CD sisters, and She was there with her wife. Mandi contacted me via the forum PM and let me know they’d be at Mary’s if I wanted to stop by after the show.

Mandi and her wife (Shannon) were excellent “hosts”. I found them at their table near the stage area (drag shows, etc.). I’d met “Mandi” one other time in person. He was in guy mode at the time. I say this with no offense and all the love in my heart. Mandi looks much better, GREAT in fact, as Mandi; rather than her male form. She was adorable to see in person. Her wife helped with her very well done make up. Her purple and black dress was cute as could be.
    We had some food and drinks. Mandi and her wife generously picked up the tab for the evening. They are fun couple. Mandi’s wife seems to have greatly accepted her crossdressing enough to go out with her and help with her outfit. But I will let Mandi tell her own story about her situation with the wife. All in all very fun and informative post-concert to be with them.
    Some of the drag queen performers came over to meet us. They made us feel like one of the gang. They’re so outrageous at times, though.

This was my first encounter OUT with another crossdresser or transgender. It’s a big step in exploring the road my journey will take. I’m spreading my TG wings and learning.

Hamburger Marys 2-FC.jpeg
    From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Mandi & Shannon for inviting me and making it a memorable concert evening.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

A few more enjoyable events like this and you might start to want more; after that, everything takes on the thrill of an E ticket ride at Disney. (Yes, a dated reference, but trust me, it means a really cool experience.) Kidding aside, it's wonderful to read of your excellent experiences. I get out en femme a lot, but have yet to get to the theatre or a symphony. you've now raised the bar.

All the best for the holidays.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Thanks Ilene, it was a pleasure to meet you again. I am flattered by your comments. I (I haven't talked to my wife yet, to know if she would like) definitely would like to do this again sometime soon.

Hugs,
    Mandi