Thread: I said to heck with it!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

I said to heck with it!

The other day I had to go to the doctor for a follow up after a time of being sick. After showering I said to heck with it, I'm wearing my usual underwear, (panties), as they are only clothes, right! Well I get into the office and he says get up on the table, as he wants to do some listening with the stethoscope. He listens to my heart, lungs, stomach, and then undoes my belt and lowers the zipper to listen to the bowels. There were no fireworks, no odd looks, just professionalism, It did help that they were plain white stretchy nylon briefs. Now I look back and say, so what was the big deal!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Silver Member
    Exactly.

Five years ago I had to have surgery for a hernia and at the checkup I was wearing panties and the doctor didn't give a second look. It was like nothing was different. Additionally, I was shaved and that got no response either.

Banned Read only
    I just have to answer this as you all know I am 24/7 femme mode , and my doctor is female and she has no problem when the time comes for me to see her.

My doctor has never batted an eye (pun intended) at my wearing panties during exams!

Banned Read only
    Gillian,
    It might have been interesting if he had said , " I see you wear the same brand as me !"
    No one has said a doctor can't be a CDer , at least not in my rule book .

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Diane, I also had hernia surgery about 10 years ago and it was the first time being shaved in the groin area. I have been shaving there ever since, and it has since spread to the rest of me. The doctor has never said anything about being shaved anywhere either, and with the time spent in the hospital and doctor visits, there has been plenty of chances to see all of me by both doctors and nurses! Modesty can go out the window with the medical profession, but they do make a good attempt to maintain somebodys dignity.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Gillian/Diane,
    I had to put the hernia op off for six months until my work was light enough to fit it in, even then I opted for it under a local anesthetic , big mistake ! It was funny being asked by the nurse before hand if I'd shaved , I felt happier doing it before myself rather than a nurse .

You are right, it's no big deal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What do you expect the doctor to do? Just back in shock, drop his stethoscope and stammer, "y-y-you are wearing panties!"

I am willing to bet after dealing with some slobs that come in a man in panties are pretty tame. Think about it, which would the doc rather deal with a clean nicely dressed man in panties, or some 400 pound slob that has not showered for a week wearing a beer stained t-shirt, worn out sweat pants and jockeys with a huge skid mark in them. I will bet if you show up clean and nicely dressed nothing else matters.

I recently visited a cardiologist for a late afternoon appointment, I had been dressed en femm all morning and changed to drab for the visit, during his examination I had to strip to the waist for an ECG, there they were, clear as day underwire indentations on my chest and bra strap marks on my shoulders, neither he nor the nurse took the blindest bit of notice, they must see it all and are very professional about it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'm in the what did you expect camp. Some people over think things.

The medical profession has seen just about everything imaginable underwear is the last thing for any of them to be surprised about, I've been down that road too.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 12-07-2017 at 01:03 PM. Reason: misspelling at the beginning
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I get more questions from nurses when the go over my meds on my estrogen then the doctors. I have a documented endrocaine disruptor disorder from prenatal exposure to DES' relax i will spare you the organ recital; anyway one doc puts me on estrogen another the pain management put me in support pantyhose and yet another gives me a boob exam every two months (lol a little too ofter in my opinion). Anyway,a while back got an unexpected butt shot the young nurse was a little shocked when she saw victoria secret on the waistband, she apologized i just said no problem we probably shop the same store and let it go.
    I gave up worrying a long time ago, think was when they fried my prostate with 15 others in room (Docs, Nurses, Company Reps) I was under a local so I said if we have one more in here I want a percentage of the admission charge lol.
    Clothes are clothes wear what fits and feel good; anyway seen bikini briefs for men sell for $40.00 a pair panties are a better buy.
    Last edited by DeidraDee63; 12-07-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Gillian I truly believe we always expect the worst that can happen also you went to a professional that is not suppose to care one way or the other what we wear. Really thinking about it there's no biggie there. Good attitude.

Hey Gillian,
    I was injured a few weeks ago and had to go to the hospital in one the the satellite communities east of my city (you can guess I'm sure). The injury required me to remove my sock and expose my painted toe nails. I was seen by a triage nurse, the emerg doctor, two x-ray techs and the person who wheeled me back and forth. Not one unprofessional look or comment.

Lesson: Always go to a medical facility even if you are worried about exposing your CD side to someone in the medical profession. They've seen it all and their only concern is for your health, not your panties, pantyhose or nail polish.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

No big deal I only have panties so unless I go commando they see me in panties.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Medical people are professionals, they typically won’t bat an eye. They may retell their stories after hours ( without mentioning names, of course).