Thread: Pre-going out check!

Pre-going out check!

Hey girls!

I've decided to go out shopping today, since I (finally) have some time to myself! I don't get to go out very often (once a year or so), so I wanted to get some feedback before I walk out the door! So tell me, how do I look? Any suggestions? Constructive criticism is OK!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are dressed quite similarly to my niece. I think you look fine Katie.

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I see no problems at all with your presentation, all i can say is go out there and enjoy yourself.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Its a nice look for shopping,would have to dress a little warmer here . Go enjoy !

I think you look fine not over done at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Thanks everyone! To be compared to a GG is a nice confidence boost! And unfortunately, I think I didn't dress warmly enough. Gonna have to get inside quickly!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    You look nice,I like your outfit. You need hip pads and some more makeup concealer,blush,and eye lashes. Just my opinion but you look cute have fun shopping
    Life is about growth, never stop being curious.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Look pretty good to me Katie. Personally I wouldn't step outside the door without my tights on in the cold but that's just me.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Leggings would definitely help with the the chill/cold, fleece lined leggings are super comfy.

I will bet that you are out and about at this point. I have yet to venture out into the light of day myself, night creature for now.
    Going out in the day takes some major "stuff", you probably had problems tucking that major "stuff", lol!

Minor critique here, either blend your darker foundation a little further down or consider a lighter shade for late fall/winter. I am certain that your foundation matched your summer skin tone. We all get a bit lighter in the cool/cold months, unless we tan.

You look fabulous!

Bella

I'd ditch the combat boots.
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    Take another look at the picture, does your head look slightly oversized compared with your body ? I feel you need to have a rethink and choose a different hair ( wig ) style to soften and reduce the male looking face .

The short jacket also makes your body look smaller and out of scale and I feel knee high boots or darker tights/stockings would work better than the ankle boots with skin coloured legs .

Sorry you did ask , it is a learning curve , OK even GGs get it wrong .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.

No doubt about it I think you'd freeze if you were in West Texas right now. Wind chill is 31. Temp is 35. Also would your dress up so I'd put n some leggings and get a warmer coat. Shopping is not fun if your cold. Your dress looks good that's kind of what my oldest grand daughter wears.

My first impression is that you would blend in. Hopefully that is your goal.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Katie, the dress is cute on you but the shorter jacket draws to much attention to your shoulders. And darker tights might be a great addition. Rita Leigh

All - thanks again for your suggestions!

All in all, it was a pretty good shopping day. My first stop was Soma, because they are having a 7/$37 panty sale, and I wanted to make sure I got in on that! The sales lady kept gushing over my outfit, and, had I not been wearing makeup, my face probably would have been redder than my lipstick! I ended up partaking in the sale and buying a bra as well.

I then threw caution to the wind and walked around a decently crowded mall for a while. I didn't really get any 2nd looks or stares there. I tried on a couple dresses at Macy's, but unfortunately they're a bit out of my price range out of the moment (over $100, even on sale). Pictures below! I stopped in several other stores, including Victoria's Secret and PINK, but their styles simply aren't matching my tastes anymore.

After I left the mall, I drove over to Dress Barn (my favorite clothing store). Unfortunately, I didn't have a great experience. I was totally ignored by the sales staff, and I got my one and only double-take of the day from a earlyish 20 something.

On the way home, I took one more risk and stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed anyway .

To reply to some of your suggestions:

-My makeup was certainly not on-point today. I ran out of concealer, so I couldn't go over my beard as well as I wanted to. I've been dabbling in color-corrector, but I'm not confident enough to pull it off yet. I guess it's something I need to practice! I rushed my makeup today, in an attempt to give myself more time to shop. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more time to sit down and do it properly.

-I was wearing tights. They don't show up well in the picture, because they're pink and match the polka-dots in my dress. They were kinda thin, though, and I was a bit chilly when I was outside (it was in the mid-40s today). Probably should have worn leggings!

-I could definitely use a bigger jacket, but today was kind of a "use what you got" kind of day, as I didn't really have a lot of time to plan today out (I made the decision to go out yesterday). That denim jacket is the heaviest thing I have right now.

-I've thought about going with darker hair in the future. In fact, I was talking to a GG friend of mine about it a few weeks ago, and she suggested I try black or very dark-brown hair. My next wig purchase is going to be something high quality (and likely high dollar), so it's something I want to consider for a while before I go through with it.

-The pictures don't really do the boots I wore justice. I'm including a close-up picture for reference. I would really like to get some fuzzy Ugg-type boots. In fact, I tried some on today, but they were way too lose in the ankle. I guess this is something I will need to work on!
    Attached Images Attached Images

you look very nice Katie.

I don't think you waited for my reply, yes, you look great, and I hope you had an enjoyable time out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad you had fun.

Macy's is to rich for me, but sometimes I can find something really special at the "Last Act" sale racks at 70% off.

DB is one of my favorite stores. I always get a great reception there, but it might have been a bad day.

Sometimes when I get a double take from a GG, I just give them a big smile. It lets them know that I know that they know, and I'm confident enough to get a double take from them. I also think it's kind of disarming to them, because girls smile and guys don't. It kinda give you a good aura.

I'm meeting up with a big group of girls in Northern VA on Saturday, maybe 90 girls.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi Katie
    it's so nice to go out with the wind blowing around legs with the add confidence of walking around the shopping mall dress not only smiling on the outside but inside too,
    so how many days till the next time you go out?.

Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn todd View Post
    Hi Katie
    it's so nice to go out with the wind blowing around legs with the add confidence of walking around the shopping mall dress not only smiling on the outside but inside too,
    so how many days till the next time you go out?.

Carolyn
    Probably going to be a while. I'm starting a new job next month, so schedule is very uncertain. I'm hoping I'll find some time in the early spring when new dresses come out.

Reality Check
    It's really hard to tell from a single photo but from that photo, I would say you look like a young female and you're fine to go out.

As for Macy's, etc. many, if not most women wear clothes from less expensive stores. Ross, Kohl's, JC Penny, etc. Even Walmart. You don't need to spend $100 on a dress. I just bought a nice one at Ross for $17.
    Last edited by Krisi; 12-09-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Krisi

Nice outfit...I'm finding that if I'm shopping for shoes or boots I need to wear something easy to get on n off.