Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Success Stories...

Depends on one's definition of success. I am open and honest about myself with my wife, I have been for several years and we have remained together and for the most part happy.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

Untitled
    Sandra and I have just celebrated 30 years of Marriage. This marriage has survived a full transition, with support every step of the way. She "knew" before I did but did not push one way or another and let me find myself. Our daughter was told when she was a young teenager and didn't bat an eyelid, here first words were "That's OK, can I borrow your wardrobe". She literally fought for me.

Sandra has been called "unique", her response is, "Nope, I'm me".

What helped? Honesty and space, from both of us.

Why do we not hear many more success stories on the forum, IMHO a lack of honesty and trust for one thing, another is too many people seem to thrive on doom and gloom, rarely does a "success" thread warrant more than a quick glance and then move on to the pictures
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    another is too many people seem to thrive on doom and gloom, rarely does a "success" thread warrant more than a quick glance and then move on to the pictures
    Unfortunately that is true of very many people, regardless of any crossdressing issue.

My sweetie and I have been together for about 17 years now. She's also trans and many folks think that automatically got me a pass, but we started the relationship before I started coming out, so I had to disclose to her. She had to come to acceptance and make a decision to keep the relationship going just like any other SO would have had to do. We've folded our families together and my kids and hers love and accept us. It helps that she understands many of the issues I face, but since I'm non-binary and she's TS we're not perfectly in lock-step. I don't think this is a common path that will resonate with many here, but with 17 years of history I guess we're a success story.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

This is a wnderful thread, and I hope it keeps going. Hearing about the "other" side of CD'ing (out, accepted, happy) is a welcome change of pace from hearing all the disaster stories (caught by [insert person here], found stashes, divorced, etc.). It's nice hearing that some of us are winning at the game!
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Silver Member
    Thanks for the wonderful stories, ladies. One accepting GG is a forum member: Greeneyes . Wouldn't it be fantastic if all of the accepting wives and SOs did the same so that they could tell others exactly why they are so accepting and happy in being so. Ask them to join the forum and contribute their successes to "Ask a GG".

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen_To_Be View Post
    Hi Lacy. I'm very lucky. My wife indulges me from time to time in what we call our "fashion shows." Here are some representative pics:
    Aw, so fun. My wife has suggested I pose a few times but I simply don't want those digital images to exist .

I’ve told my story before as have most. At first my wife was accepting and supportive. Then I went pedal to the metal and was buying clothes, shapers, makeup and gushing nonstop cd this and that. She was ready to leave, but we hashed it out , came to terms, and eventually it became do what makes you happy. She buyer s clothing and makeup and shoes for/with me, asks my opinion on styles and anything else to keep me included. It is definitely a success story,
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I'm going to jump in because I'm a success story, but a different kind of success story.

My wife is DADT, and I'm only a part time CD, but I love that side of myself. I have fun shopping and putting together outfits. I've kind of developed my own style very different from my wife's style, I have several sets of forms, many, many wigs, and probably more clothes than my wife in any given category, except socks. I have jeans, skirts, tops, dresses, cocktail dresses, even a few wedding dresses. And I have learned shopping on my own, without a wife to cover for me when I get bras or other intimates

I have a lot of CD acquaintances, and a few good friend CDs. Boy me is an introvert and has no good friends. Steffi is an extrovert and loves being out and about. Tomorrow, I'm going to a Washington DC meetup group with about 90 (ninety) other girls. If my wife kicked me out of the house, boy me would end up at a hotel, because he has no friends close enough to sleep on their sofa. Steffi has a standing invite to a CD friend's house.

So, I'm a success, and my my wife is missing out on a lot of fun and good times because she refuses to even meet Steffi. Her loss.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks for your feedback and support of my thread idea. I got the idea while reading the thread about the frilliest thing one once wore. One person wrote that his new bride put him in pink babydoll pajamas on their wedding night. I'd say that was pretty successful.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful stories, ladies. One accepting GG is a forum member: Greeneyes . Wouldn't it be fantastic if all of the accepting wives and SOs did the same so that they could tell others exactly why they are so accepting and happy in being so. Ask them to join the forum and contribute their successes to "Ask a GG".
    Thank you Jenny! Yes! I wish more would join and stay..to quote Dorothy: "My! People come and go so quickly here!" I find a lot of the GG's that do show up do not stay. I wish we could have more GG's that could show that acceptance isn't crazy!! LOL
    In all seriousness....I think most women are just afraid of the stigma attached, then the actual CD'ing itself.

I am also fortunate in having a wife who wants me to be me. It's not always easy but for the most part we both are happy for me. I am so fortunate to have found this beautiful person to share my life with.

Here's mine and my wife's story. I was invited to write a short piece and come in for a joint makeover and photoshoot. Was a fab day!
    http://born.uk.com/roxy-sarahs-story/
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

My wife about freaked out when she first found out. Like most gurls I was afraid to just dump everything and tell her all. I was forced to purge what little I had. I was certain if she found any clothing our marriage would be over. I held back for a year or so, but kept mentioning shoes or undies I liked and I would get a stare and a head shake that said no! Finally she came to me and wanted to talk. She told me she would allow me some leeway with dressing but I had to but up front and honest with her. Since then it has been going well with some limits, but I am not forcing it, well maybe a nudge once in a while, but I am letting her set the pace. I have my stash, she has seen me in most of it,and she has access to it. So from where we were a couple years ago it has been a fairly slow, long journey.

Great stories, really refreshing to read!! I hope that in a few months (longer?) I can add to this. She's known I had a lingerie "habit" for a while (and was put off by it and requested a DADT situation) but I just last week at our couples therapist brought up the desire for me to be fully dressed and she was very against it. But we shall see where it goes. I have pulled a ton of info for her to read off of this site, so thanks to everyone who contributes!

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    When I first came (sort of) to terms with my trans needs and desires my biggest supporter was my oldest friend, no issues there, happy days. Moving forward a few years and my female self well and truly boxed up and put away at the back of my mind (in hindsight a mistake) I was talking to some friends that I met via the local American car clubs. We'd been talking about stuff we had done in the past, and things that had happened like my friends depression and I just started talking about my trans past (I called it a past because i had boxed Melissa up at that point), they couldn't have been more supportive or interested in my trans past and present. I had a good feeling about them though as they are very open, honest people and progressive with their thoughts. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of people I have met that I could never openly talk about my needs and desires.

I have always had a firm interest in womens shoes and I talk often with a GG that I had become close to over the past few years and she was showing me (via FB messenger) some Irregular Choice shoes she had bought (they are gorgeous by the way) and I just blurted it out, this coincided with me reaching a point recently where I couldn't keep my gender issues bottled up any more. Her response was fantastic, I now have a list of makeup bits and tips that will help me out big time and another friend that when I am ready I can go out with and test the waters as Melissa, I'm excited She says she feels rotten now showing off new shoes as she now knows I hate wearing mens shoes (despite there being nothing physically wrong with them I loathe them, they are one of the few clothing/footwear items that seem to really remind me of everything I don't want to be).

So a few great success stories for me

When I eventually come out properly how the wider network of friends and acquaintances will handle it is largely (some will hate it I know that) unknown to me.
    Last edited by Melanie Moxon; 12-22-2017 at 05:11 PM.

I consider my wife tolerant. She's known I've had an interest since we met (almost 33 years), but I started getting more interested around 2000.

She doesn't mind me dressing at home, but doesn't want me going out (she doesn't want for people to feel sorry for her that she's married to a CD).

She's bought me clothes; usually panties, but also things at my request (a dress, top, wig, several pairs of shoes, nighties). I often wear panties to bed and often a nightie if it is colder.

Over the last year, I joined a local CD group. I've been to two of their meetings, plus two days at a TG conference. For those events, I let her know I was going out dressed.

A year ago she was out of town and I went out dressed (and wrote about it in the photo threads), and she asked, and I told her. She told me to "lie to her". So I do. I had a number of times out this year (probably 10 to 15 times) where I got dressed when she was out of the house, and then came back before she was home or changed to drab before coming home. I got caught once, and she wasn't happy, but we moved on.

My clothes hang in our closet, along with my shoes (I have far more heels than she does). She knows I dress, especially when she's away from home. But we are still married, going on 26 years in April.

I am blessed beyond belief. I just went through my 2017 pictures, I went out 140 times this year! Never once was it an issue.

For us, my wife is 100% supportive, but it's my thing. She gets involved with my girl time just like she does with my running. She sees me dressed (she sees me head out the door for a race) and she is interested how it went. But beyond that, she doesn't join me.
    She allows me to do as I wish because we trust each other and we have each other's back all the time. Almost 32 years of marriage, working through good and bad times together, will do that for a relationship.

I have zero interest in making it participative and neither does she. But she could not be anymore supportive. I am very lucky.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Wife is accepting of me. She even tells me she loves having a wife instead of a husband. She keeps me in pantyhose because she is usually the one who ruins them. She had messed up my lipstick more than once. I have more cute shoes than she does. Because of me she appreciates dresses again. (on me)
    Thanks for asking.

We're still married after telling her so that in itself is a success! We've had our ups and downs over it and had to work together to come to our current compromise. It's not her thing and she's likely never going to be particularly into it but sometimes she does go out with me while in a dress or skirt. She does buy me things and occasionally will tell me something looks nice and pretty generally will let me know if something doesn't. :P She recognizes it as part of me and there are few limits. She was supportive when I wanted to talk to my companies HR department over being worried someone might see pictures or me actually out and about. Nail polish and some boots get to go work with me and I doubt I'd surprise that many people if I did show up in a dress.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.