Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day light outing?

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Day light or night light, you look super!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Thank you for all your encouraging comments. The dress is almost full length. I didnt end up going out dressed. I was to nervous. Maybe next time.

Trust me, sweetie. You have no reason to not go out. Your look is not what's lacking. You look terrific. If you want to go out (and it's OK to not want that BTW) just make up your mind and do it. What you need to understand and accept is that you will get made and that it does... not... matter. If you look and act appropriately for your situation, a confident smile is all it takes to warm people up. Yes, there will be the occasional boor who's never encountered "one of us" before, but again, trust me. It will be they who stick out, not you.

From what we can see from your pic I would say you look great. For myself I rarely step out of my car, but my biggest fear is getting that look or comment that will discourage me. I know we are not women and have to expect we are going to get the second look but I don't want to get discouraged.

Brooke,

You wrote; i know i cant pass if someone was to get up close to me and stare Welcome to the club. The vast majority of those here who venture out are in exactly the same situation and know it. The trick is not to care. So if I have interpreted your post correctly, you've been out under the cover of darkness but never in the day. I would suggest you initially just get in the car and go for a drive just as a way of settling the nerves. If you feel like you've got things under control, find a mall car park, park up, take a deep breath and just get out of the car and head towards the shops. I would park as far away from the shops as you can. The walk will give you time to get your self together.

Just act like you're just any other GG going out shopping. Don't skulk, just behave naturally. Folks may give you the double take, one or two may look a little bit more intently. That as they say goes with the turf. The trick is, as I said before, not to care. Master that and all will be fine.

Word of caution. This is a genie that won't go back in the bottle. Do this once and you'll want to do it again.....and again.......and again. So take confidence from all the lovely complements you've received and just get on and do it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I'm getting jealous of you younger girls looking so cute when dressed. I used to go out all the time in the day before I got remarried.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Thanks again for all the helpful replies. I have the urge to take that next step but at the moment i dont have the confidence. I may get there one day but im not sure when at this point.

I was very close to going this time but as i went to leave the nerves got the better of me.