Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chilly around the knees

Chilly around the knees

I was out last night for a few beers with the boys in drab. The weather has turned cold and last night it was below freezing as I walked home.
    Despite having trousers on I could feel the difference having shaved legs make. Definitely noticeable cooler around the shins.
    So a good reason to underdress in holdups or tights and easy to see why 200 denier tights have become so popular with GG's.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I have been wearing tights under my work clothes for the last few weeks since it has turned chillier and it's cold in my workplace. They do make a difference!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Yes it s sure cold here too, I find leggings around the house and under clothe for a walk is great.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Snowing here in Manchester right now, wish I could get out there but too many people at home today.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My rule: If it’s going below 30F, I wear tights.

I love that shaved leg feeling. I get it a lot here in MN.

Reality Check
    Many years ago my job required driving from site to site and going into heated buildings to work. Sometimes I was inside for a few minutes, sometimes all day. That meant dressing properly was very difficult. On the coldest days, I would often wear a pair of my wife's "tights" under my work clothes. That was long before I had my own tights. I would also wear them while cleaning snow from the driveway.
    Krisi

Living in Northern Alberta its cold now well ok this week its warm +5C/41F..but it tough to dress for the weather...tights yes but I do wear lined jeans which are great.

I live in Florida now and really miss wearing pantyhose or stockings. I wore them often up North.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I am with you. All rather odd given I shave legs over winter when it is cold and wet yet let them get hairy over summer (to keep wife happy)

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    I am with you. All rather odd given I shave legs over winter when it is cold and wet yet let them get hairy over summer (to keep wife happy)
    But that's back to front surely Pauline!

I have never tolerated more tham 1mm of hair since the day I first shaved my legs. The thought makes me cringe. Yes it is cold but as others have said, what an excuse to wear tights all the time regardless of what is on top.

Love cooler weather, tights, legging, bra under sweaters and coats.

Silver Member
    Back years ago I didn't like cold, but I went out a couple times as a girl with another girl. We sat in the back seat. At the time longer dresses were popular. She teased me about cold legs. Thank goodness for slips and long winter coats. Our heels weren't that heavy either. Lucky the guys kept the heater on. At that time I had a girlfriend that I took to school. She wore a dress every day. I couldn't understand how she could sit it the car without shivering.

About 20 years ago, I went out with a group of girls on an outing to several clubs in the Chicago area. We left one place and had to stand on the street outside for about 20 minutes waiting for a cab (no Uber in those days!). I was wearing a knee length skirt, stockings and pumps, and the temperature was about 20°F. My knees started shaking after a couple of minutes and by the time we were seated in the warm back seat of the taxi, were knocking together so severely that they could literally be heard above our conversation and the street sounds. They really never stopped shaking the rest of the night. It was probably the coldest I have ever felt in my life. Lesson: Stockings and pantyhose make a good base layer under pants or other warm clothes, but by themselves on shaved legs, are no better than going bare legged. Next time I'll wait inside for my ride.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    I grew up as an upper Midwest farm kid. In November, all the farm guys added long cotton (cheaper than wool) underwear to ward off the chill on the legs. We kept our shorts underneath. We shed them in springtime, usually in May. They went on fairly tight but grew saggy if I wore them for more than a day or two. Nowadays, they add some spandex to the same stuff, call it Spanx or something similar, and charge women (and us CDs) a lot more for it.

Now that it's colder i have started wearing tights under my trousers every day. It feels really great, as well as being much warmer and best of all my wife is very encouraging about it.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm going to make the same confession of feeling the cold more on my legs now they remain shaved, I was putting it down to age and circulation !

I wear jeans or leggings especially when its colder out. I will wear a sweater dress with tights or leggings too in the winter, but seldom a dress in the colder months. I shave my legs year around, but they are quite sensitive to cold weather for sure!

Platinum Member
    My wife use to complain bitterly about the cold in New York City while waiting for the elevated train. Back then her employers required women to wear dresses or skirts/blouses. It was the age of the mini-skirt. I've been out and about in the evenings in the fall with temperatures in the 50's and enjoyed the cool breeze caressing my legs/thighs and playing the skirt of my dress and slip. I would love to experience sub freezing temperatures just once. Yes, shaved legs will eliminate the layer of warm air which is trapped in the hairs of the legs.

Aspiring Member
    It's cold in my office, especially on Mondays (no heating over the weekend), so I've been wearing leggings under my trousers for the past month. To be honest, they're not much different to the thermal long-johns I have for skiing, except they are a better fit. In fact, when I go skiing next February, I'll probably wear the leggings.

Definitely 200 Denier in the UK at the moment.

I would be wearing them all the time.

Wellington was 25 deg C today.... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I totally when hunting in cold weather wear panty hose as my base layer. I just wish that regular ones had a fly. I’ve seen that ad about panty hose for men but they just don’t look as good as the Hanes for the ladies.

All the time at the moment I wear tights and leggings, underneath my jeans if I go out, or skirts at home.

I too love this time of year as I can happily dress 24/7 and just put a thick jumper on when I go out (I often wear jeans when I'm out and currently have more women's jeans than men's), sadly my wife won't let me go out noticeably wearing dressed...

Not being able to keep my legs shaven all the time, I have often wondered when my legs feel much cooler when shaved is it because I am not used to being smooth or does light leg hair actually make such a difference to keeping warm?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

question, do tights come in different thicknesses or denier and have feet already in them any help will be appreciated. be safe Karrin