Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chilly around the knees

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Not being able to keep my legs shaven all the time, I have often wondered when my legs feel much cooler when shaved is it because I am not used to being smooth or does light leg hair actually make such a difference to keeping warm?
    Becky,
    Yep hair does help keep you warmer. It traps air close to the skin so slows down cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by karrin View Post
    question, do tights come in different thicknesses or denier and have feet already in them any help will be appreciated. be safe Karrin
    Karrin,
    The smaller the denier, the finer the weave. 10 denier are often referred to as sheer and the kind of thing you'd wear if going out say somewhere swanky.
    Edit: You shouldn't really wear small denier hose if you haven't got shaved legs, real fashion faux pas. Never looks good.

100 plus denier are the thick tights you see GG's wearing such that you can't see though them. They will hide hairy legs.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 12-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.

I don't know that there is a definite line dividing pantyhose and tights. Both have feet. I'd say if you can see through them they are pantyhose. If you can't they are tights. If they don't have feet they are leggings.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ...I would love to experience sub freezing temperatures just once...
    Come visit us in the eastern part of our state (Washington). We will be happy to share our sub freezing temperatures with you. If you want a big bunch to take back home, we will generously give you all you would like.

It will be in the low thirties here tonight. Nice female PJ's for me tonight.
    Part Time Girl

One thing I have found is that day sheers (100% nylon) seem warmer than hose with high spandex content. They are not a tight on the leg, so allow for better air trapping. You can layer them under a pair of tights for added warmth.

in my job I am outside 90% of the time no matter the weather, Rain snow cold heat. The last few days have been in the high 20s to low 30s F here and I have been wearing leggings almost daily under my jeans. Like someone else said they fit like long johns and are far more comfortable

Last winter I discovered fleece footless tights.

They are warm and oh so soft. Highly recommended.

If you want to shop local, it seems like most stores have them.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have wore hose or tights for years to stay warm during winter. They are one of the few things that I keep in my drawer in plain sight, as my wife actually suggested them to keep warm outside during the winter.

Working around Elko Nevada and the weather turned cold. The Mrs and I were on the same job. In the morning in -20 temperature were dressing for work. And I was telling to dress in layers.. Her idea was that we start with pantyhose the long johns. We had fun dressing for work. About the only time she seen me in PH..

So, reading the replies in does seem many underdress in thick tights in the cold weather but how many also suffer for their art and shave their legs during the colder months.
    For some it's well documented that the winter is the time of year that legs are shaved once the shorts have been consigned to the drawer.
    This can be fine if you live in milder climes but if you live somewhere like Rebecca were it gets well below freezing, then that little bit of extra of warmth provided by hairy legs could be a good reason not to shave. Let's face it, in that situation you're not likely to be going to go to the shops in a skirt.