Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we Helping to get Women back into Frilly Lingerie By wearing it Ourselves

I had these same fantasies, and still feel them occasionally. I'd be surprised if quite a few of us didn't, at some point. Let's admit we love clothes and feel so keenly the idea that they are important, and a means of communicating, and who doesn't want to share the joy! Many have pointed out here the fallacies in this fantasy, and I'm chiming in with Pat late on this, but anyone who wants to share their wishful thinking and dreams here needs to be able to rely on being treated only with kindness! along with all the very useful doses of good advice everyone has shared.

PS I lovingly and enthusiastically asked my wife for shared lingerie days, but she refused. She did go through a short phase of saying that she was the owner of the right to fancy lingerie, and then bought some, but took it back- a combination of not feeling attractive enough, which I tried to rectify, but really just not wanting to remember that I would be wanting to wear it, which would completely ruin it for her. I am very very glad some members do have the fun of it, though. That helps me feel it wasn't a bad idea after all!
    Last edited by phili; 01-17-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

I doubt that women will change their habits about frilly things because we are wearing them. Is it possible that we may have the opposite effect?

I so agree Robbiegirl. It seems as though many GG take their femininity for granted (which is so understandable). Some of us non-genetic girls however have been deprived the pure ecstasy of feeling sexy, silky, feminine lingerie caressing our skin. In my delusional mind, it doesn't make any sense why a GG wouldn't have the same desires? But I obviously can never share the same perspective about wearing lingerie that a genetic woman may have.

That being said, If I were currently married and my wife asked me to wear something in the name of romance, I would do it in a heart beat... even if it was an article of clothing that didn't necessarily turn me on. Why? Because it would be an ACT of love on my part. Don't tell me you love me... show me!

Anyway, I myself am in the process of making up for my perceived 'social injustice' that caused me to be ridiculed for wanting to wear lingerie. In my world, the girly-girl of my dreams would be more girly-girl than me... if that's even possible!

I have been doing my bit for the cause for many years - but I cannot convince my dear wife about the joys of frillyness; I do help keep the sales profits up in my local shops.
    luv J

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    I doubt it, people either like something or they don't.

Personally I don't really have a lingerie fetish (you won't find me contributing to the panty threads), I prefer it to fit nicely and be comfortable after all it has a job to do when it is all said and done, but then dressing is linked to something deeper for me than just a desire to dress, it has taken me years to figure it out mind

Look at it the other way if your wife were to start wearing sharp suits would it make you want to?

Robbiegirl, You did something I never thought could be done, You made crossdressers look like male chauvinist pigs! lol

Baby dolls, lacy pastel slips, cute nylon panties & for me, I adore pastel pantygirdles.

All so pretty, girly and Feminine.

I also adore the Fem. sound of Petticoats while walking and when GG's see me smoothing my pretty skirt while I take a seat.

What a load of self indulgent tripe. What lingerie a women chooses to wear is her choice. It might be comfortable, tiny, huge granny pants, no VPL. Underwear is predominantly that UNDERwear. With a lot of clothes women wear, what's on underneath impacts how it looks outside. Why would you wear ruffled back knickers with a pencil skirt unless you wanted odd lines ruining the look. Petticoats have their place with formal wear. If someone chooses to wear lacey, skimpy, scratchy (typically quite uncomfortable) underwear that's their choice but don't come out with all this "taking their femininity for granted" rubbish. Just in the same way women don't expect men to wear a well fitted suit and tie every day or CK boxers/briefs all the time.
    The world does not revolve around your fantasies. Don't forget, if you have a partner/wife who is understanding about your dressing, remember that's a big thing and should not be taken for granted.
    What women wear also is impacted by how they feel. If it's a certain time of the month they typically want to be comfortable, nothing too tight around their waist. If you are taking them out somewhere special then it's time to dress up a little fancier, that goes both ways. How many straight women want to have fun times in bed with their husband/partner romping about in a babydoll and thong ?
    It all comes down to respect and common sense.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Many here are forgetting how complicated female clothing could be. In the 1950's there were stockings (easily laddered), girdles (tight and often awkward), slips, voluminous dresses and so on and so on. A lot of fashion decisions were influenced by the masculine section of society. When women decided to wear pants the reaction was "horror". It took a major war and several decades to get over that taboo. People wear what is comfortable and easy to take care of and women are no different.

Lastly, for many of us dressing in feminine clothing has a strong fetish streak and that strongly colours our desires. While some of us might be happy to dress up as Scarlet O"Hara, women would just look on in horror.

The short answer is therefore NO AND HELL NO!

Reality Check
    OK, some pretty rude replies have been posted. I think what Robbiegirl (the OP) suggested is pretty wild and she may not have thought this out before posting, but at the same time, some people could have been a bit (a lot) more gentle in their disagreement.

Robbiegirl, my crossdressing hasn't changed the way my wife dresses and I don't expect it to. She was raised on a farm and wasn't allowed to wear sexy clothes, makeup, etc. Once she grew up and left that changed a bit but it's still part of her upbringing. She looks fine to me and that's what matters.

We shouldn't be trying to change the women in out lives any more that we would want them to try to change us.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Really how about you wear what you want to and let us GGs decide for ourselves whether we want to wear frilly or not!
    I agree with Sandra, maybe not the way she phrased it but the point of what she did say. We talk about how we have the right to wear what we want and our SO's should have that same right too. I wear what I want, she wears what she wants and we have no problems.

To be completely honest, if I went to my SO and said "ok, today your going to wear some pantyhose" and she went and put some on, I probably would be pissed at the fact that she did. That means she is letting me dictate things and we have never had that a day in our relationship. Now I wouldn't complain if she just did it on her own accord one day
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 01-19-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've read the OP several times and I'm still trying to find the part where it advocates the repeal of women's right to vote, to own property, to work outside the home, or to wear anything they damn well please. Our PC dystopia becomes ever more ridiculous. One has to work hard these days to find offense. The OP expressed a preference and somehow that oppresses women. LOL! Yes, people have a right to wear what they want, and others have the right to prefer they wear something else. As for myself, cruel oppressor that I am, I hate tattoos and piercings and would prefer others didn't have them so I wouldn't have to see them.

that's a great idea But I don't think it will happen. but I want to be there when if it does.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

that's a great idea But I don't think it will happen. but I want to be there when if it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Flip the question: would women wearing men's clothing influence you to stop wearing lingerie? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Do you REALLY expect women to give up the freedom to dress as THEY choose, in order to satisfy YOUR personal fetish? How arrogant and selfish of you.
    I'm not going to dive deep into my story here, it would probably out me if the wrong people came around looking and reading for whatever reason but let's say Robbiegirl has a fetish for petticoats. Her wife/GF/SO knew about this fetish before they even started dating, might have even used that fetish to lure her in, does it make her arrogant OR selfish for her to want her SO to indulge her or feed that fetish every now and then? Is it that hard?! Does it really take that much effort?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Question:
    Are we helping get women back into frilly lingerie by wearing it ourselves?

Answer: No.

Case closed, it's Miller time.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

No we're not helping women get back into frilly things. But the makers of them will keep making them as long as we buy them.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    IMO it is incredibly disrespectful to tell an adult how to dress themselves.
    And yet, plenty of members' disapproving wives do that very same thing...

So, just ape what some in this thread have done: Get pissed & tell 'em to bugger off.

Goose, gander, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    No we're not helping women get back into frilly things. But the makers of them will keep making them as long as we buy them.
    But, do they.

Look around any department store lingerie section. There are more plain, functional items than anything else.
    Reine

My wife is a 'girly girl' and it should come as no surprise that she loves the clothes, lingerie, and shoes I buy for her for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But, do they.

Look around any department store lingerie section. There are more plain, functional items than anything else.
    The last time I saw a mainstream dept store with tons of lingerie was J C Penney, in Salem, New Hampshire, in 2000. I bought a couple of shortie half slips in black and white and sometimes wear one over panties, under my jeans - or lift it up over my bust to wear as a chemise/shemmy (but only for a few minutes for fun.

The runner up was a Sears store in Kingston Ontario, circa 2007, which gave me a few quivers and a couple of purchases. However, I was with a girl who was less supportive than the one I'd been with in Salem.

As to whether my partners wore or wear frillies, I find that it's relatively easy to persuade a female friend to wear stayups than it is to induce her to wear garter belts or girdles with straps, although have had more success with corsets

There's tons of frilly lingerie at EBay and elsewhere online - beautiful retro stuff for those of us who might like to dress as prairie wives. However, there are always pitfalls to buying online, unless it's a known and trusted source. Hope this isn't too far off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLibrarian View Post
    ... which gave me a few quivers and a couple of purchases.
    I suspect that CDers are attracted to the items in lingerie stores that give them quivers.

Still, if you take an objective look around, you'll see that most items there are functional and not frilly/flouncy/sexy. Or, it could be that you think that every bra and panty is sexy, no matter how plain it is? When I look at a bra or a pair of panties, I just see something that is functional.

The OP referred to frilly peignoir sets. When I go to my local department store, most nighties I see are functional. I don't know many women who buy sexy peignoir sets just for for themselves. When my SO and I were first together, I did buy sexy lingerie but of course I wanted to appear sexy in his eyes and do anything I could to enhance his interest. You'll find though, that most relationships enter phases of comfort several years down the line, after the first flush of excitement has settled down.
    Reine

Not in my experience, though my wearing women's underwear did once inspire someone to start wearing men's underwear. And so we both got to feel happier in things that were supposedly wrong for our sex, but were right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    We really need to get women back into Frilly things !
    We really need to get people into things they feel right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

agree - mainstream stores sell mostly vanilla lingerie and one has to go to some place like Vic Secret at bigger mark-ups (which has always seemed phony to me). I much prefer being able to browse counter after counter in a large department store. (Target had a few nice panty sets before it got thrown out of Canada). I'm really into vintage lingerie - camiknickers, tap pants, granny knickers and their analogues, slips and half slips, waspies and push up bras. Of course, if I were caught by the wrong people I might get a good spanking - and what naughty boy wants a spanking. Not me.