Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we Helping to get Women back into Frilly Lingerie By wearing it Ourselves

Silver Member
    When we first dated my wife was super sexy. Lingerie didn't make her that way, but she wore very sexy lingerie. Over the years she has moved to comfortable things. Some of her bras are sexy and others just functional. Same throughout her clothes. As she moved up in the world she dressed more conservative as did the men. What I wear is my choice as it is with her. Now that we are totally retired she and I wear what most of the other women in our lifestyle do. We no longer have to impress or wear "office" style clothes. As for lingerie I do wear sexier bras, but I'm smaller than our women friends by a cup or more. I've been teased during our martini hour if I wasn't a C but a double D or more I'd buy other bras. I'm sure they are right.

Platinum Member
    Several decades ago in our younger years negligees were the bedroom attire for my wife. We had fun Saturdays shopping for lingerie and colorful slips in midtown Manhattan; Macy's Herald Square, Gimbel's, Lord & Taylor, Sach's Fifth Avenue. Back then she was required to wear dress or skirts & blouses at her jobs. I realize many women are not required to wear dresses at work. So be it. At the time she also looked terrific in a plain white tee shirt. It was not the clothes that creates the excitement.

Earth to Robbiegirl! Give it up!

Oh yeh, I'm definitely the dress up women, my wife can't be bothered anymore. Just last week I went to bed with stockings and a corset and a few other occasions before that. But it was last week that I made the comment about how the shoe changed foot, and how I'm dressing the way I would like to see her dressed.
    I stopped trying to figure it out and just go with the flow, it makes things easier this way.

Silver Member
    It is never going to happen, no matter how much others (or myself) wish it would. Traditional feminine dress is not coming back, there is almost zero desire among GGs to go back and all we can do is wear ourselves.

Omg way too funny.... “boo hoo,women won’t wear what turns me on anymore”...

Have you ever sat down and thought about the fact that it’s not just women and that you men are just as guilty of the very same sin?

How many times have i read on here someone commenting about the fact us women don’t wear skirts or dresses anymore and have become too casual in our dressing but take a look at how men are dressed today... t shirts, ball caps, jeans, running shoes.... when was the last time any of you men got all dressed up in nice clothes “just because”. And no... a polo shirt or plaid shirt is not dressy... it’s a step above a t shirt but sorry not dressy..

It’s not a women’s thing....it’s a human race thing... the world is becoming more casual...

And here is a piece of advice for those of you complaining about your spouse.... lead by example and no i am not talking about your cross dressing. Maybe if you dressed nicer....so would your spouse. Complaining will get you no where...

Nuff said...

If you want to see women prance about wearing scanty, frilly things, you should buy a ticket to the ballet. I went to the Nutcracker the other day. It was marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    No, we don't. What "we" need to do is check our male privilege at the door. Women can choose their own clothing, just as you wish to choose yours. They don't need lingerie mansplained to them. They don't need to be guided or fixed. The only thing out of whack here is the sense that "we" need to control them. Jeeze!
    By the same token we don't need any self-righteous virtue signaling transsplaing to put the brutes back in their place. The GGs seem to have been able to defend themselves. But your chivalry is a credit to the patriarchy nevertheless.

Thanks Stevie ! Never meant to offend women just jealous that they feel they can wear whatever they want and have fun but most have a problem when we want to wear silly things also and have fun !

By Robbiegirl:
    "just jealous that they feel they can wear whatever they want and have fun"
    What in the world is that suppose to mean? If you are jealous, that is your problem. I would love to wear a sequin ball gown all the time and "have fun" but I would look "out of place and silly". Maybe that is how you look when you "wear whatever you want and have fun". Sounds like you have a fetish and think everyone should be on board with you.

It's cute when a 4 year old wears a superman/or fairy costume every day and everyone sweetly calls them "superman or fairy" but a grown man wearing women's lingerie and expecting some kind of applause doesn't really work the same way. You may just look "out of place and silly". Obviously you can wear whatever you would like in your own home, just don't expect the world to change for you because you are jealous.

Thanks Megan G for a voice of reason.

And to answer your OP:
    No, you are not helping women back into frilly lingerie by wearing it yourselves. Are women helping getting you back into pants by wearing them ourselves?
    Last edited by char GG; 12-10-2017 at 06:21 PM.

When a woman is single, there's an incentive to wear tight, scratchy, uncomfortable clothes that expose a lot of skin: To attract a mate. Once 'hooked' and landed, that incentive is gone. So most wear stuff that's more comfortable and less likely to expose themselves. Sure, some might still like the attention that those clothes get them, but husbands after a while stop responding to their wive no matter what she wears. Wives have been known to walk around in sexy outfits and even naked when the sunday football game is on, and the husband STILL won't pay attention to her.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The saddest thing of all you are serious about all this nonsense.
    You be you
    Let your wife be who she is.
    Sounds like you do have a fetish that's fine but get real.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

No. I wear the frilly stuff, she wears the plain; I wear the skirts, she wears the pants; I wear the lace bras, she wears the functional supporting bras.
    I'm making up for lost time, she has "been there and done that" and is over it.

@sometimes miss
    Not sure where you dream up your information but your comment about women wearing tight, skin tight clothes until the “man” is “hooked and landed” is another male fantasy. Maybe after they are “hooked and landed”, the women find out they are not such a great catch.

[Speaking in Moderator tones] This is a crossdresser support forum, so it's fair to have a discussion about how various aspects of crossdressing impact you, but it is not fair to assign motives to others (GGs, for example) nor to disparage how others (GGs, for example) dress. (See the rules under "Rights of Content." https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...es#faq_content ) Locking threads is my least favorite moderator function, but we need to keep the discussion in bounds.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    There has to be a something to the "frilly" aspect of lingerie, after all Victoria Secret sells a gazillion dollars annually of it, and since it's so hard to find anything that properly fits most TG/CD there's not much support (pun intended) for the OP's argument.

sometimes_miss does have a point
    and
    char gg has a point as well.

At what point does something become a fetish ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Ok then how do we get women back into dresses and frilly lingerie ? My fantasy life is to have several date nights a month where we both get dolled up and have fun

Is it too much to ask women twice a month to get out of our pants and back into the dresses and petticoats they wore for hundreds of years ? If not happily give them to us to wear.

Maybe start by politely asking if they could dress up like that for you? This whole thing has to start somewhere, and usually that 'somewhere' is one person at a time. Maybe if your SO starts doing it, another woman wil see her and think, "Wow, she really looks nice - maybe I should try that." And then she tells two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on ...

Bottom line: if you want to start a movement, there has to be a catalyst, a spark. That spark may burn fast or slow ... it may fizzle out, or lead to an explosion, but without that spark, the world will continue to move on.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 12-13-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    "We" don't get "women" to do anything. A fantasy is a personal thing. If you are looking for a 50's thing, you can :
    . watch re-runs of "Mad Men"
    . Take a trip to Germany where 50's petticoats and the Fonz are huge, not to mention Gaterntanz and Beer Halls
    . Take a trip to Japan where Square Dancing and MANGA are huge as well.
    . Some cities like Baltimore have an annual festival called Hon Fest which is also big on Petticoats

Kaylie advice is sound as well.

Also you have to understand that fashion comes and goes, and in relationships if you push too hard for what you want without considering the other person don't be surprised if nothing happens.
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 12-13-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Ok then how do we get women back into dresses and frilly lingerie ?
    Do you mean women in general, as in, ALL women, or just the women you dally with?

My fantasy life is to have several date nights a month where we both get dolled up and have fun
    There is nothing wrong with a fantasy, I am positive that you could find a suitable & willing companion. There are probably many fetish sites you could search.

Is it too much to ask women twice a month to get out of our pants and back into the dresses and petticoats they wore for hundreds of years ?
    Do you REALLY expect women to give up the freedom to dress as THEY choose, in order to satisfy YOUR personal fetish? How arrogant and selfish of you.

If not happily give them to us to wear.
    So who is stopping you? Dress as you please to suit yourself and stop trying to impose your will and desires on others. In a general way, we are all striving to be allowed to express ourselves in a manner pleasing to ourselves. Many of us desire the freedom to dress as we would like, present as we wish whether as male, female, or somewhere in between. How ironic that you seem to want to impose your vision of how part of the population should dress on a forum and to an audience that wishes that we could all dress as we want. In my opinion Robbiegirl, you are a fetishist. There is nothing wrong with that of course, but you should really stop playing the martyr with your fantasies.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

No. I wear lingerie because I like it but only like frills on a petticoat. I am not trying to influence any others choice.

Robbiegirl, just cool it. The genetic ladies posting in this thread (and likely those who read but don't respond) are not impressed, as well as some of us CDs.

IMO it is incredibly disrespectful to tell an adult how to dress themselves.

I don't believe I or any CDer effects what women wear. I wear what I like to wear and my fiancee wears what she wants to wear.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

LOL ! Sorry ! I just believe if you ladies would wear these silly items that make you look even more feminine we guys wouldn't have to wear them so much ! They are fun for you but embarrassing for us
    Then don't wear them yourself - I'm moving towards full time, but I dress LL Bean (skirts / slacks / sweaters) for therapy and general wear, I dress in jeans, tanks, and flannels (womens cut) when I'm working my shop. What I wear under them, or in my bed is nobodies business but my own. Dress any way you want, and please stop dictating how the rest of the world presents - no one else is on this planet to give you your morning dose of jollies.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    And to answer your OP:
    No, you are not helping women back into frilly lingerie by wearing it yourselves. Are women helping getting you back into pants by wearing them ourselves?
    LOL

And to Robbiegirl, you need to realize that women get as much pleasure out of wearing women's clothes as men do out of wearing men's clothes. Clothing is mostly just usual and customary day-to-day wear, and not "fun". I think that CDers get a great deal more fun wearing women's clothes than women do.

My fantasy life is to have several date nights a month where we both get dolled up and have fun

Is it too much to ask women twice a month to get out of our pants and back into the dresses and petticoats they wore for hundreds of years ?
    If a woman wants to have fun with you, it will be about her excitement over being with you and not about the clothes. It's never about the clothes for us. As to trying to convince women to go backwards by wearing petticoats, good luck! We've progressed a great deal these last hundred years. It's not over yet, there is still job and salary inequality in addition to the issue of sexual harassment, but going back to wearing petticoats would defeat the gains that we've made. No one wants that.
    Reine

I guess I am lucky my wife loves lingerie as much as I do. She wears it under her work cloths every day. She seems to wear the skimpiest lingerie to be even in the coldest weather. Me on the other hand break out the sleep pants and long sleeves, ladies of course.

Kelsey