Thread: When you almost blurt something out...

When you almost blurt something out...

Of course any of us that have dressed as a woman and even more so gone out as one, have learned many things about woman that a 'normal guy' has not. Some simple examples are; what our feet feel like after a few hours in heels; or how to fasten a seatbelt with boobs or how to get in and out of a car in a short skirt.

Given that unique perspective we have, I sometimes find myself having to bite my tongue to stop myself from blurting out something that I would no doubt regret instantly, two examples recently:

I was walking behind a woman, it was at twilight and a quiet street. I saw her suddenly become aware of me about 15 yards behind her as she quickened her pace slightly and tensed up. I wanted to shout out "Hey lady you have nothing to fear from me, I know a little bit how you feel, I am a TPerson. I held my tongue but did slow down so she could relax a bit.. sad in reality that the world works that way.

The second example was more fun, listening to two women complaining that the windy day was blowing their hair everywhere, one said to me you guys wouldn't know what its like to have your hair get stuck to your lipstick... I found it VERY hard not to say "been there done that Lady".

What have you nearly blurted out?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

This it so true, I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago and a ladies heel shoes kept bugging her in front of me it looked like it was possibly twisted but she didn't notice. Then as I was going to tell her my wife told me to back down and not mention anything. See I noticed the heel was missing the anti slip pad

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Working in retail I obviously serve many female customers. One lady came in with the same skirt I had recently purchased. I got as far as 'Oh , I've just bought...', and changed the subject.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hair stuck in my lipstick ... a constant problem even without wind.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Oh, remarks about how men don't know about all the problems with heels, stockings, bras, make up, and mostly, about the feeling of being expected to accept sexual things we don't want to do. For many decades I bit my tongue when women complain about feeling coerced into doing some thing sexual that doesn't feel good. More recently, when I hear a woman tell me how I don't understand, I simply tell her that yeah, I do, in fact, know exactly what it's like, because I had some guy molesting me back when I was a little kid. You should see their eyes go wide and their jaws drop.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I mean no disrespect, but really? This is supposed to be the unique perspective I should have? That wearing heels will make my feet hurt? What I actually learned from crossdressing are the double standards (and by that I don't mean the obvious what women can and cannot in terms of fashion) persisting in the society that hurt both men and women in their own way. More specifically, that being male somehow disqualifies me from experiencing many problems women have. Case in point, I have been sexually harrased by a woman, and you know what? Reactions ranged from "Did you enjoy it?" (because, you know, I'm a man and always ready) to downplaying the whole idea to "No, you're a man, that couldn't have happened." Or that somehow being a man disqualifies me being a prime target for assault on the street.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't get the hair question because my hair is over halfway down my back.
    If I were behind a woman walking and she seemed apprehensive I would slow down and give her space.

Nearly? Nah. Actually? All the time! I work with women. I am literally the only man at my place of business right now and barely a day goes by that I don’t gush about something one of the girls is wearing (“OMG I love your purse! It’s SOOOO cute!”). They’re all used to it now and I’m pretty sure they just think of me as their weird eclectic boss.

Lexi and Lucy whilst i have a lot of empathy for your obvious pain regarding 'sexual issues' the topic was about blurting out or almost blurting out things that would give us away as Trans/CD people and was meant to be a light topic.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I was being introduced to someone and I almost said, "Hello, I'm Steffi", but my brain finally engaged just before saying the last word.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi, I can so relate to that I signed off a work email regards Becky and luckily realised before hitting the send button.. It is going to happen one day its just when and what i say about it lol
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Part of the "fun" and the "challenges" of Dressing in public- not "giving ourselves away " or acting like men. Does take some practice at keeping the trap shut! Toni G..

Silver Member
    My give away one night was I had a teddy on and the straps kept slipping off my shoulder. I kept reaching under my top and pulling them up. One of the women with us said, what's wrong do you have a strap slipping? A little later another asked if she needed to adjust my straps so they don't slip. We were headed back to the condo so I said I would fix it there.

I can get away with knowing about women's clothes more than many since I worked in the fashion and retail industry while going to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    the topic was about blurting out or almost blurting out things that would give us away as Trans/CD people and was meant to be a light topic.
    When my sister-in-law told me I don't know what it is like to walk in high heels I said, "Yes, I do..."

My brain gave me a quick oops and I blurted out, "every time I walk on my roof." Thus, saving the day.

Nice save Tracy, quick thinking
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Whilst in drab I have answered in the affirmative to the following retorts.......

You don't understand how we feel on a hot day wearing tights.

Bra straps are annoying they keep slipping down. My reply was you should get a better fitting bra. :-)

My undies keep riding up..... My reply, annoying isn't it.

You should have to wear bras. I do wearing the right clothes.

The look after this reply was priceless.

Gave 'em something to talk about.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.