Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Office admin's comment

Excellent poker face, Shave.
    Even when she called out your hand you didn't flinch. Can you imagine if you had inadvertently raised your finger to your eye to check? or begged some form of forgiveness; or done something else to truly give yourself away? Good gut check there. Nerves of lace.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Shave, I guess you have a great relation with that coworker.. you handled that quite well.
    Part Time Girl

Another neutropena eyes remover girl here. I use the wipes also until I get no residue left then sometimes baby oil after that on a cotton ball. Be careful not to get the oil in the eye. Sometimes I just shower after removing the eyeliner. I love the darker mascara n usually put on way to much love the Smokey eye look as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    It's odd to me that an administrator who presumably has an HR background would make this type of comment. Remember, HR people, however friendly they may be, are not on your side. They represent the interests of the company.
    Fiona, Admin is a nice way of saying legal secretary. No relation to HR.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Afew extra minutes of wiping and checking are worth it. ! Sooo glad to be Retired- so no longer have to deal with co-workers. But almost stepped outside yesterday, partially Dressed, w/o makeup. Paramagics took the next door neighbor to the hospital. Caught myself almost opening the door to look outside ! Toni G..

Good point "alwayshave". Where i work (law office) an administrator means HR or management though.

GGs have some sort of super power and can see microscopic leftover makeup. I was with Neutrogena face wash followed by Neutrogena liquid eye makeup remover. I do the best I can, then let come what may.

Last week on the way to Lowes my wife said I didn't clean up my eyes completely but that it was not really noticeable just that my eyes stood out a little more than usual. I met my daughter for lunch and as soon as I took off my sunglasses she said Dad, you still have on eye makeup. I asked if it was really noticeable and she said yes and handed me a remover wipe from her purse. Using it I found that I did a pretty poor job cleaning up other parts of my face too but the only people to say anything or react were them. No one at lowes seemed to care, that's for sure. Good on you shave for not flinching and I imagine that alone will make it not come up again.

Albolene is by far the best product I have used. Much gentler too

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    So I am pretty friendly with in an admin in my office. She is friendly and just a nice person, though she does have a cutting sense of humor. I had dressed on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Monday morning she looks at me and say "Jim, you didn't get all your mascara and eyeliner off." I just laughed and said "I use false eyelashes not mascara. How was your weekend?" I swear I thought I got it all off, went to the men's room and could not see it. Oh well.
    Jamie,
    Im confused by your post. Does this woman know about your CDg or was she just joking (ie little does she know...)?

Luv and hugs
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post

I have found that if you don't get it all, you can fix it the next morning by re-applying your eyeliner. That might not work for everyone.
    I thought I was the only one that does that !

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan Ailbhe View Post
    Neutrogena eye makeup remover is wonderful stuff.
    Same here. I get the large box at Costco. I always have a pack in the purse I carry, because I often revert to boy mode away from home. Just like American Express; "don't leave home without it."

I've often said I didn't start dressing until my 50s, after the divorce, but looking back I can remember a handful of random dabblings, just impulse things with no agenda. In my 20s I was once sharing a house with my best friend and his wife and one day when they were gone I went to the bathroom and noticed that she had left some makeup items by the sink. I wasn't trying on girl clothes or anything, but for some reason I applied some blue eyeshadow, just to see what it looked like, I guess. I studied the result in the mirror for a moment then got distracted with other things and forgot all about it. Later a friend dropped by and while we were talking he interrupted to ask, "Are you wearing eye shadow?" Although I was startled and embarrassed there was no sense in denying the obvious so I sort of chuckled and answered yes, then steered the conversation to another subject. I have no idea what he thought about it but I didn't offer any explanation and he never mentioned it again. Thinking back, I know I would only have made matters worse if I had tried to make up some lame excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Remick View Post
    Jamie,
    Im confused by your post. Does this woman know about your CDg or was she just joking (ie little does she know...)?

Luv and hugs
    Patti
    I have no idea whether she was joking or not, I tried to just blow it off....
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Lol...That's pretty funny!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I just talked to your admin. She said she was not joking. She said that you really need to clean up your act honey. LOL
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I am not very good at removing eye makeup. It is hard to get it all off even with a good product. So, I tend to be blasé about it. I often go to the gym with traces of makeup still visible including lipstick but the way I look at it, people at the gym are not really there to eyeball everyone, so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniG View Post
    Sooo glad to be retired- so no longer have to deal with co-workers.
    Amen to that! Don't have to worry about career ending small talk either.

A couple months ago I asked my hair stylist about lash tinting as mine have gone grey (like the rest of my hair). She first said she wasn't trained (licensed?) to do that and also mentioned the risks of using harsh chemicals near your eyes. She then casually threw in that I should just use my wife's mascara. I hadn't worn eye makeup in a couple of months so I'm pretty sure her comment wasn't because if some lingering residue. I mentioned her suggestion to my mostly tolerant wife and she said, "go ahead" so I've been trying it in guy mode, selectively. Would never have done that were I still working.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 02-25-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: clarity

Silver Member
    Consuelo, I'll say it again. Get a 10 power concave mirror to check for leftovers. Hold it close and you will spot every fleck of leftover mascara and eye shadow color, guaranteed!!

Ah, she tricked you into answering her.
    Part Time Girl

I'd have looked her square in the eye and said, "What, some of it's missing?!?! better go re-aply then!"