Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How and when did u find CD.com?

I originally signed up when Becky emerged in 2005, I can't recall how I found this place... went inactive when I lost the girl in 2008 and then came back here last year when she was back... I remembered how good the site was back in the day and then had a bit of trouble remembering my ID etc...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Looked at various sites on-and-off over a period of time. Lurked here like the others for a while. Found this one to be the "cleaner" one, because they monitor it, and clean it up when necessary. Toni G..

did a search and a few came up but i liked thus site

I posted on another site for years, and this site came up when I was typing into my search engine. I've been lurking here for a while. The other site has developed a political bias that I just couldn't live with, so I thought I'd try my luck here.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I actually joined originally in 2006, under the name allisonrn06. Found it as several others have said doing a generic search for crossdressers. I had to take a hiatus in 2010 and when I decided to reconnect in 2013, found I couldn't go back to using that name again, so I came up with a slight variation of it.

Like most responders so far, I searched "transvestism" and was delighted when this site came up. I joined immediately. I soon discovered that I am not like the majority here as I do not attempt to look like a woman. While I have empathy for those that do I wanted to differentiate myself from them. After many years struggling to find a proper term for people like I, finally came up with "Miad" which seemed to catch on as others began to use it too.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Hell, I don't remember
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Lurking for awhile from the outside this was probably the only site that seemed clean and I wanted so bad to join but never joined anything that concerned my dresseing. It just seamed like everyone had real life experiences and real life advice and it just seamed like a place I knew I would enjoy. I don't regret joining and have tried others but there's no place like home. Here!

A few years ago started browsing the internet, mostly finding and following a number of CD and transgender blogs. One was Hannah's, and after maybe a year I noticed a link to this site on her blog, I asked her about it and she gave a favorable recommendation. And she was right! Has been a very gentle and friendly place. I always thought it was just me (well, probably a few more) but to my surprise a whole community. Glad I signed up!

A few months back, blessed with some Callie time, I spent part of it surfing for CD and trans related sites, sub reddits and YouTube channels. In the midst of that search I found this site. I was reeled in by two threads, one of which spoke to a topic that I was on my mind that day. I found the discussion mature, frank, and self-reflective. And I was hooked.

Aspiring Member
    When? A couple of months ago. I made the decision that I wanted to reach outside in a way that I could be part of a group, but still be in the closet. An internet forum seemed to be the best idea. I, like many others, googled and found a few suggestions. I joined another site. It was more set up towards dating and wanted members to pay a premium to have full access. The discussions on there weren't really what I was interested in. I searched again and found this. It's just what I was after. I like the quiet nature of the site, I like its firm but even handed moderating. I like that its free, there as a resource for all who want and need it to use. I like its lack of adverts. It was just what I was after. I think that unlike many, I didn't lurk but signed up pretty much straight away.

I am not sure of the date or year but it was when we had gotten our first home computer and I had my first laptop and I traveled for work. Sometime around the late 90’s or early 2000’s. This site was in its infancy when I first discovered the great reading and comfort of knowing I was not alone in my struggles. Just like myself we have came along way since then but it has always been there for me when I needed to remind myself that I was not the only one with this lifelong struggle. I guess I could be considered a senior creeper of this site!

Joined May of 2006 I'm old in life and on here lol Like a lot of us I found in just by doing a search on google. I'm sooo happy I found this site GREAT people, and great advice.

I don't remember, but glad I found it.

Two years ago when the Pink Fog was so strong was searching the web to learn more about makeup techniques and/or getting a makeover.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Well, I found this site thanks to Google. For years, I have been interested in finding out what makes me tick. Why do I cross Dress? What makes me different from other men who do not crossdress? How many people like me? Am I the only one or is there a substantial number of us? Also, I was always curious about shopping experiences. While I had purchased lingerie fo myself, I had never tried anything on before buying. As a result, I had spent a fair amount of my small cd budget on mistakes. Especially on bras. So I wanted to find out from others about their shopping experiences. Has anyone actually gone into a women’s clothing store and tried on a dress? When I found this site quite by chance in 2012, I was encouraged to see that there were a lot of good answers to my questions. As a result of some of the posts here, I actually had the confidence to go into a Dress Barn, try on and buy a dress. It was a great experience and I will do it again when the opportunity presents.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Courtesy of a Google search back in 2009 :-)
    In that time, I've learned a lot about myself and others. One of the best things I ever did was joining.

I was searching for a picture containing both Bowie & Candy, at Max's. (I'm sure they're my Parent's, or Warhol & Candy???)

I don't know exactly where the link was but It was definitely whilst researching part of Candy's life, as that's also a"Pass" time of mine!

Joined then and there, didn't read the rules or know the etiquette! I Should get on to that!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I used to be on PantiesEtc until it mysteriously wasn't there one day. After a while, I found this site via the Google.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I thought I found it under a rock.......

I really don't know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Like many it was via Google and like so many I lurked for a while. I can remember just how nervous I was about joining. I'm sure I hesitated before making that final click. Seems strangle now given just how far I've come in what is a relatively short time. Just shows what a little support and encouragement can do.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Like the rest of you, I was looking for a site that would help explain why I like to dress. Lurked for years.

Just a basic Google search. Checked out a couple of other sites and they didn't really seem to have what I was looking for so I went with this one.

Google search June 2012, I was looking for a reason and found this site. I may have lurked for a day.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I found this site by googling crossdressing. It took me a while to join. I would visit the site once and a while until I finally got up enough courage to join.