Thread: Today is a big day

Today is a big day

I am having to cut down on my dressing as my young daughter is starting to take notice. So I decided to understand whenever I can. I already wear panties 24 7 for a number of years but for the first time I am wearing a bra to work. Friday is dress down so I have on matching bra and panties under jeans t-shirt and hooded top. It may be nothing to some people but to me it's a big step. Hope no one notices.

Hope that you have fun and enjoy the experience
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

And if someone notices and it "blows up"...Can you explain yourself to a group of people that have never faced uncertainty on their gender and expression of ?

I didn't think that far ahead. I just knew if I was to go forward I had to do it for me. So far so good.

I'm a little confused (more so than usual)... You say your daughter is starting to notice. OK, that mean less dress-up at home, I understand that bit.

But the part about wearing a bra to work stumps me. Are you out at work? Is it a trans friendly workspace? Not trying to tell you how to live your life, but would there be repercussions if someone at work discovers your underdressed state somehow?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

We all do what we need to do (I have been wearing a bra at work for years now)

Quote Originally Posted by Daviduk View Post
    Hope no one notices.
    Then don't wear a bra to work. You may be being all stealthy and all that but it is only a matter of time until it is noticed. Best to be prepared to absolutely own it at that point.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

In reading between the lines, my sense is you are having some trepidations. You can bet someone will notice...is that your objective? I think so. Go for it since this such a big step for you. It’s not what might be said to you, but behind your bra/back...just be prepared. Your daughter is another matter, especially if she’s already taken notice....kids don’t miss much. Good luck on both.

I am sorry, I just don't agree on destroying your life just for the sake of wearing a bra to work.

I wear a bra only when I want to project my boobs, do that at work and I would be the boob.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If it's a big step to you, then it's a big step -- no need to downplay it. As to the rest, coming to grips with yourself is a process and we all have to proceed at our own pace to our own destinations. It sounds like you're on the path. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

With a hooded top, it is possible you can get always with that. Big step yes.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    A person has to do what a person has to do. However, I have never understood the driving force that compels one to don a bra at work. Once the Genie is out of the bottle, she's not going back in. Eventually one woman will notice. Then, what happens when you're trying to conceal your cross dressing?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    To me a bra is something to put your boobs in, though if it pleases anyone to wear one 'empty' more power to them. What I don't get is how one keeps the bra hidden. With almost all GGs you can see the visible signs of a bra being worn even through multiple layers of clothing, especially from the back, or do you have to wear big bulky clothing to hide it. Just curious...
    Last edited by DIANEF; 12-15-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: grammar!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    "Is he wearing a bra???" All it takes is one hug to find out. Best not to do so at work.

I’m with the advising caution camp. Bras can be more conspicuous than you think. Not saying don’t, just Saying think it through and be ready for consequences.

Well, I'm with the "not at work" crowd, but I guess I'm weighing in after the fact. I would like to try doing that sometime, but the work shirts for the uniform are too thin and it would stand out like a pink hippopotamus at a dog show.

How did it go?
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

I do not wear a bra without forms! Wearing one to work is risky! Just have your ducks in a row and proceed with caution! Best wishes moving forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    Daviduk,

I don't know if you identify as a crossdresser or perhaps you are dealing with GD. If it is the latter, than I can understand the need to wear the bra. Yes, you will have some anxiety and hope no one discovers it.

Like Bridget, I have been wearing a bra to work daily, but only for a year. I usually wear a loose fitting casual shirt and over-shirt , as the office temperature is cold. Several colleagues have placed their hand on a bra strap or the back without raising an eyebrow.

Use discretion in your attire, take a deep breath and give it a try. Be who you want to be, and do what you need to do.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its the thrill of a possibility getting caught is what I think the reason is and its OK you can admit it because we have seen it before.
    You say you hope no one notices but secretly you want them to notice because thats why you are doing it.
    Its a common thing on all of the trans/CD sites I have been on.

Aspiring Member
    I think you should re-read the advice you were given in your previous post about dress down Friday. Life can be hard and seem greatly unfair but caution at work is essential.

Silver Member
    Hope all went well but if work in manditory to pay your bills you need to be cautious unless you know they will welcome you if they find out. You mention that your wife is OK with you dressing at home what was her opinion of you wearing a bra nad matching panties to work? Her opinion should carry some weight.

Try a sports bra. they are way less conspicuous under tees.
    Although I can now fill an A-cup, when in 'stealth' mode I will wear a sports bra for support and no one knows but me.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Reality Check
    For a while I wore a bra in male mode. I was always worrying about people seeing or feeling it. One time I'm sure some strangers did because of comments they made. I eventually stopped and now only wear a bra when I'm wearing my boobs. And I'm only wearing my boobs when I'm dressed as a woman.
    Krisi