Thread: Stepping out in winter?

Stepping out in winter?

Since the shape of my physique will prob always draw attention if I was to dress openly in public in warmer weather, I have decided that my first major outing is going to be this winter. I’m looking for a nice ladies hooded single breasted jacket that I can wear over a skirt with my knee high boots and black pantyhose. That way I can wear a scarf and put my hood up, and still get the exhilaration of walking completely in public without fear of being ridiculed and photographed.

Has anyone else done this and what was it like the first time? Were you spotted?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I do like going out at this time of year because you can get wrapped up in scarfs, gloves, hats, and if you want actually show very little of your face. So far I have had no reaction that I know of having been out several times. I have ankle boots but some knee highs are on the shopping list.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I do it all the time and no I am not spotted as far as I and my wife can tell. Your plan is a good one. The winter clothing choices do indeed make it easier to blend in. The first time will be a rush you will never forget and by the summer you will realise that you can do it all the time, even in summer clothes. To disguise the physique will require a little more thought in the lighter summer clothes, that is all. Good luck.

Daisy x

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I do like going out at this time of year because you can get wrapped up in scarfs, gloves, hats, and if you want actually show very little of your face. So far I have had no reaction that I know of having been out several times. I have ankle boots but some knee highs are on the shopping list.
    Dianne, get those knee highs, you will love them and actually look forward to winter. I wear Fly London Mistry boots regardless of my gender presentation, I would sleep in them if I could!!
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 12-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.

My toughest problem is putting an outfit together that will all compliment one another and not look cobbed. Ugh

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    StilletoGurl, if you've got your boots and coat on very little of what is underneath will show, just make sure they are not too much of a colour clash. I usually wear a skirt and sweater, blues, greys, black and whites which seems to work okay. You can always add a splash of colour with a nice scarf.

Daisy, just looked on Amazon for boots you mentioned, bit pricey but some really nice styles .
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Your thinking right as you can dress under your coat and hood will help you not be outed. I would also make sure if you are wearing knee high boots with a heel that you walk right in them to not draw attention, the way we walk and the way we talk can out one fast.

Reality Check
    Cooler weather is better for crossdressing as you can cover most of your skin and hide male features.

Don't get too carried away matching everything up. Most women don't have a special coat for each outfit, they jut grab one that doesn't clash.
    Krisi

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Daisy, just looked on Amazon for boots you mentioned, bit pricey but some really nice styles .
    Dianne, Amazon occasionally do Fly boots on the daily deal. Mine were £56 down from £165. You just have to keep looking everyday (sometimes only certain sizes reduced). Fly are small, I'm a UK8 but a 9 in Fly.

This is my first full winter since coming out to my wife. I hate cold weather. Now I'm loving it with the opportunity to get out more in my feme mode. I'm not looking forward to spring and summer alreadt. LOL

Banned Read only
    Sort of. In western Washington State it rarely snows. I would love to stroll in gently falling snow en femme. The best I have done is to be totally en femme and take evening strolls in a gently falling rain. I borrow my wife's knee length rain coat and use an umbrella. The umbrella is great to conceal the angular features of my male face. The umbrella also helps to obscure my height if held properly. The gentle falling rain also keeps many people in doors. Who goes for strolls in the rain? My wife and I use to go for strolls in gently falling snow, not blizzard conditions.

I would also recommend one of those knitted warm caps and a scarf rather than a hooded coat.