Thread: Fun folding clothes together

Fun folding clothes together

My sweet wife and I had an unexpected amount of fun this week, folding our clothes and tidying our bureau drawers. She has always taken great pride in her womanly ability to fold and tidy a linen closet and her drawers already were in pretty good shape. Mine, not so much, I mean what do you do with winter-weight pantyhose and tights?

So I went on line for advice about folding and storing clothes, and on YouTube found videos starring Marie Kondo, the superstar of tidying up. She has a clothes-folding method that really works, which i’ll deacribe in more detail in another thread under Shopping and Beauty. I tried her method on my socks-and-stockings drawer, it came out super neat with unexpected space to spare. I was so excited, I couldn’t wait to show my wife, and that evening we Searched on YouTube for “Marie Kondo folding’” videos and watched them all. Then today we both dumped out all our bureau drawers, folded the clothes Konmari’s way, tossed a lot of stuff that didnt give us joy, and just purely enjoyed ourselves doing that together on a snowy indoor afternoon.

We have done this sort of thing before, where she initiates me into a corner of the female world, and helps me learn the womanly household arts. It’s another way she has fun with my cross dressing, with the bonus of a tidy house and less work for her. So I wonder whether any of you have learned to fold clothes with Marie Kondo, and whether it’s something your wife might warm to doing with you.

I personally have a hangup.......

It's called a wardrobe and I put most things on hangers. :-)

Lingerie does go in the drawer tho'.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My SO and I do laundry on Sunday and we both fouled clothes. It is so nice to do that.
    Part Time Girl

From the day I met my wife. We always folded laundry together. She showed me how to fold her panties and bras. How to put them away. Which was good. When ever I got into her underwear I could put them away. I have dresses hanging in her closet and she don't mind.

The enjoyment of doing domestic chores tends to disappear when you HAVE to do them, especially when you're exhausted from doing something else, like WORK.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I keep most of my things neatly in my duffle bag but my wife just hangs everything except her undies and has X pile of clothes she has been planning on going thru which I can't wait. She and I can wear the same size tops so I. Looking for some new tops soon... I do fold my things in the duffle.

I do so love a fold and iron. I started as a young child, even then my clothes were colour coded in drawer and robe!
    Like dressing itself I like my clothing to match!

Then there are my Kitchen cupboards which are even more OCD.
    I love being this way,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Silver Member
    Well, I grew up in a family of 10, 5 sisters, 4 brothers, and whatever I am. We had a chore sheet with a weekly rotation, and one of the jobs was folding clothes. Everyone got a pile. Everyone was shown how to fold. Guys, girls didn't matter. We all did it, for everyone, including Mom and Dad.

Nobody liked that task, it was one of the least favorite. I was just discussing this with my sisters at Thanksgiving. The girls hated folding the boys underware, and had a hard time sort who's was who's. Same thing for the guys to girls. And lots of items you were never sure of who it belong to, especially with hand me downs. And don't even get me started on socks!

Anyway, I found that my method of folding is different than my wifes, and she is quite adamant about her method. I got plenty enough domestic chores growing up that there is no pink fog there!

A video and an exepert? I would never dreamed of such a thing!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 12-20-2017 at 12:02 PM.