Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a Trans-Gal BFF who you enjoy chatting with often on Facebook?

Not on FB, but I have a forum friend to exchange PMs with. At first, we discussed common interests in crossdressing. Now I'd guess 50/50 CDing interests and non-CDing common interests (hunting, fishing, life, etc.).

Reality Check
    I waste far too much time on Facebook (and crossdressers.com) but the important thing to keep in mind is, many folks aren't what they seem to be on social media. It's pretty easy to make up an identity and fool others.

I am strictly male on Facebook so no, I have no girlfriends or boyfriends on social media.
    Krisi

Nikki,
    This is a great topic. I use facebook and have had a FB page for Heidi Spencer I use it a lot.
    However the few friends I have that are Trans I use email. I have met all of them on this forum.
    One friend we talk about makeup and my lack of skill, the other friend who I am very close with we talk about everything, weather, health, daily activities etc. I treat her as a woman mainly because that is who she is to me, I have never known her as anyone else. As lives have changed over the last few months I have supported her in all areas of her life as she has allowed me too. We look forward to the day we may meet. For now, it is fine being pen pals.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    ...... the important thing to keep in mind is, many folks aren't what they seem to be on social media. It's pretty easy to make up an identity and fool others.
    This is very true. I'm MUCH cooler online .....
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I have only one trans BFF and I met her on my space. So our friendship has lasted for many years. I came out to her a couple years ago and this only made us closer. We chat about make up, cloths,shoes,and relationships mostly hers. Never once has tried of "convincing "me to transition. She respects my journey is one that I must navigate the best way tailored to my objective and ultimate goal. She crys with me telling me she's happy that all her struggles in the beginning made it easier for gal like myself to be able to venture out into the world .
    We have plenty of girl time at the mall or go for coffee at Starbucks. We grow together and our friendship has lasted over 10 years.
    Life is about growth, never stop being curious.

I think with any friend you can have long conversations be they female / transgender or a guy.

Some of my conversations can last 2 or three hours.

The longest with allowances for going to the rest room was Fourteen Hours.

We talked about everything and anything.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I have a couple of trans-gal BFF, but I don't FB. We talk by email, text, phone and FtF.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    No. I don't do facebook (Mark Z has enough money without my help). I try to live in the real world but there are few (if any) transgender/non-binary people that I can identify with around my rural area so I come here to interact with likeminded individuals and that uses enough free time!

Daisy x

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I try to keep up with a couple dozen trans people on Facebook, some of them I know in real life. But for quality social time I try to meet in person. Being in a local support group helps with that and gives me the chance to touch base with them, and a few of us use that as a platform to get together more than just once a month at the meetings. We talk about nearly everything by the time it's all said and done.

As for gender identity issues, I tend to keep that between my counselor and myself or post occasional questions here. I have talked about these things with my best friends but I try to reserve that time for talk about other things if possible. I've been working through a lot of personal questions recently and don't want to put my friends in the position of counselor, I'm happy to have them as friends.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I usually write short books, back and forth, through email, if it's a really good friend, then we chat on skype but I never use facebook for anything CD related. Especially if your not out to the whole world and don't plan on doing so in any part of the future.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

The avvy pic isn't me

Ahhh, the memories....

Your post took me back to some really wonderful times Nikki, so thank you.
    Well, they were wonderful times that came to an end for unfortunate reasons, but they still evoke happy times.

She is now, mostly transitioned, but due to tough real life events has put the final surgery on hold, but I always considered her as female. I had known for a few years by that time that I was TG, and i resided at the middle of the spectrum (which for me meant transitioning was often thought of but never fully accepted), but none of that mattered.

We met on another TG site and this goes back 8 years. It started out as just a few on site PMs and grew from there. We began chatting on Yahoo messenger and one night she told me she had very strong feelings (of the emotional variety) for me.
    (she being happily married to a cis-woman, living in England and me single, also oriented towards females and living 7,000 miles away)

I gave it a days thought and realized I cared for her a great deal too, and so we kinda thought of ourselves as girlfriends - emotionally attached; there was never any sexual overtones. She made it clear she loved her wife fully and was not cheating.

Long story made shorter........ we nattered for hrs. each day/evening, as the time difference and our RLs allowed.

What did we talk about? Life, our respective days, world events....just basic stuff. Sometimes it was deep and sometimes we just made each other laugh.
    We'd be on the forum and be YMing at the same time, often being catty (in a kind way) about the girls on the forum.

Unfortunately life changed, and we only just conversed again a month or so and the old spark is gone.

Ugggh, sorry for all that.........
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 01-20-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Facebook "done right" can be a nice way to keep up with the lives and thoughts of people you know as well as know of. I have met many people that later became FB friends,and some friends of theirs I met along the way. Yes,we get very political because most all of us are on the same page. Most always,people use their real name and I can reach them by phone as well as them with me. I steer clear of people that have a zillion friends and post a zillion pictures..They have enough fans already,I don't need to be one more. I do have few friends that message back and forth when the time works right for both of us.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I keep my amount of friends on FB to a small manageable level.
    I regularly interact with may 20 or so on a more personal level.
    I must be pretty cool because Rogina is one of my FB friends but shhhhhh don't tell any one.

Social media in the right context can be wonderful, I have managed to go out for girls nights out on more than one occasion with friends that I 'met' through social media got talking and eventually got to meet..

I think that the label on FB of friend should rather be more along the line of a FB Contact, from my list of hundreds of those perhaps I have 20 friends...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Becky, I can scroll down my friend's list and know who they are and how they got there. I agree that for most people,"contacts" is a better description. And I am serious in keeping the "fictitious names" to a bare minimum. Imagine how few people would be using this forum if an actual name was used !