Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Trans-Gal BFF who you enjoy chatting with often on Facebook?

Do you have a Trans-Gal BFF who you enjoy chatting with often on Facebook?

Do any of you ladies have a trans-gal BFF who you enjoy chatting with often on FaceBook? And if yes, what do you talk about?
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Sadly no i only have the forum here to discuss my interests in dressing.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Nope, I’m not a big Facebook-er

That's a hard question to answer as I have many friends on Social media I chat with but they don't know I'm a CD so unless my friends should tell me they are I would know. Not something we often discuss. I've often wondered though if there is a site where other CDs go to visit one on one? Besides commenting on pictures.

On Facebook, no. Here, yes!
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

I think having a Trans BFF is a wonderful thing to have, whatever source of social media that works for you to interact. We all need other like minded people to share our journeys with and if one can be lucky enough to get close to someone all the better.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well, I certainly need to revise my post, considering the insightful notes shared so far...rather than focusing on FB alone, do you have a BFF that you regularly (say several times per week) chat with via any social media and if so, what do you discuss...just how deep is your friendship?
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I do not use Facebook. I do not have enough time since I spend way too much time here. However, I do have several very close trans friends. We talk about everything. With one we talk about life and current event topics. With the other it is similar, but we do spend more a lot of time talking about next steps in the trans world. I do not mind doing that for now, but long term, no, because it is only a part of the journey to being ourselves. I prefer conversations on life in general and how to be successful living in the real world without anyone's trans-ness muddying the waters.

My FB friends are friends I have met face to face, it's a rule of mine. None of which are TG.

My BFF is a GG. We are very close, talk or meet every few days. I regularly spend the night at her house. I'll be going with her and her boyfriend to Christmas dinner at her parents.

I have a number of very close friends none of them are TG. Like Mr. K, he just texted me. He is having a rough time again, so I'm going to see him tonight.

There is a TG support group I go to once and a while. They are not what I consider friends, just people I know. But if I have any TG issues I know I can go there as they meet once a week. There is one girl there I was supposed to meet for coffee sometime, we just have never gotten together.

Then there is this place. There are a few I have traded emails with.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 12-19-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Silver Member
    Just one???? Many of the ones I converse with most I've met in person. Life, faith challenges fashion, places we've been, funny stuff, sad stuff. You know, life in general. Some are full Trans, some are CDs, all are great.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I chat with some of my trans GFs on my female FB page and its usually about whatever the topic of the day is.
    I also chat with GGs that are friends on my female FB page and again whatever is on their mind.
    Could be clothes or shoes or husbands whatever LOLOL.

Keep in mind I don't make a point that I am trans or force the fact I am trans on my page I'm just a girl there.
    Sure I don't hide what I am I just don't force my lifestyle on anyone.
    I do show support for my trans GFs and treat them as women all the time.
    If they want to be FB friends I am fine with whatever gender they are.
    My GG face book friends treat me like a woman because thats how they see me and how I interact on my page.
    Its all girl all the time.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-19-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I have many now but I don't do social web sites, I chat in reality.

So what do we chat about , a combination of male topics and female , that's the great thing about being TG we have so many aspects to our being .

I meet up and have a game of golf and we chat mostly about members in our social group but we also have to discuss everyday matters like running a home , where we shop problems with our cars and where we just saw a great outfit !!

I started on Facebook about 2 months ago - using Julie the crossdresser as my identity (I don’t have any other Facebook accounts). I friend only other crossdressers and trans women. It’s actually a community very similar to cd.com. The main difference is there is more focus on pictures and a massive amount of politics. One of my main objectives is to meet new people and in particular crossdressers interested in going out. In that regard Facebook has been quite successful. However, before meeting up with anyone, there is a period of private messaging tot find out if there is a connection (do we have the same objectives, availability etc).

Those that I have had a connection with and/or have gone out with I will usually do a lot of chatting with regularly. Talk about planning future outings but also just regular stuff (wife problems, hey what do you think of this outfit or these shoes I just bought).

Probably a third of my fb friends are trans women. I chat with them at times but much less often - we definitely have less in common so it is harder to keep the conversation going. Sometimes the conversation will devolve into them trying to convince me that I should transition, which is not cool but understandable in the sense that they think my journey should be the same as theirs. It’s funny, cuz they really think they are helping and cannot see that they are creating more confusion than clarity. It’s a good thing I’m quite confident and happy with just being a simple crossdresser. They are not all like that but it has happened more than once. There are also some trans women that despise crossdressers and think we are all perverts (there actually are a lot of crossdressers on Facebook that are quite open and a bit aggressive about their fetish side, so it’s not surprising that these trans women feel this way). Their posts are hurtful, but I have had a few successes in convincing them that most crossdressers are good people. Again, most trans women are not of this opinion, but it does happen often.

In summary, Facebook is a crazy zoo with all combinations of all kinds of people. But, let me say again that politics permeates everything. So, if that sort of thing bothers you, you might want to stay away. If you want to try it out, let me know and I’ll set you off with some nice people as initial friends.
    Last edited by Julie Slowinski; 12-19-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

I'm actually looking for friends I can chat with on Skype.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a good T friend. But, since we're both guys, we don't chat about much online or texts. Most of our talk is about where and when we r going somewhere. I find men aren't real good at chitchat. Including most here and on my Sherry FB Page.

To be honest, most of my chats on FB r with GG's.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Men don't chitchat !! Want to bet? My phone calls with Carole can go on for an hour . I feel my threads and replies go on too long , I really do need to communicate but must admit face to face is the best way .

We meet regularly for coffee, not really into social media.
    We talk about clothes, science, kids, pets, make up, sex, hair, cars, Trump, North Korea, global warming, our next trip away with our wives
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Facebook is where I go to keep up with family, friends and old Vets I was stationed with. No of which know who Vicky is. Those who do I see face to face. We connect through Flikr or Fetlife as to where we are going to meet up for lunch or go out somewhere. Or we just call or text.

No FB chat for sure! The risk involved with friend suggestions to others is just too great for me to create an account. I do have a couple of great Tg friends that I correspond with by old fashioned email. I guess that shows my age but there is no risk involved with the new snail mail!

No, I don't, but 95 % of my friends are female, Which I get along better and they are friendlier .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I have no femme FB account. But I do privately converse with individuals I have met here.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Not a BFF but I do know a few that I chat to.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Yes, kind of. We talk about shopping, clothes, photos etc.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I don't go anywhere near Facebook but I do have friends.

Karen

I have a several, a couple from here are banned, the others just don't show up here anymore and a few I have met in person as well.