Thread: Counseling session went well!

Counseling session went well!

I asked if she wanted to see my pictures and she said yes! She was impressed! I told her some of my history and we discussed about my suppression of my desire to dress in my marriage! IMHO it was a very positive session! She asked what my perfect dream would be! I told her to dress 24/7! I told her about my daughter and not wanting to see daddy dressed! Also how it is difficult to go from people knowing you as male and then suddenly you are female! I told her about my "normal" clothes, being what I had on! (Women's jeans and shoes, panties and a male/unisex top!) She suggested a more feminine top such as a women's tee shirt! She said my desire is to be 24/7 but maybe without hormones or surgery! 50 minutes went by very quickly! Please ask any questions you may have! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Glad you enjoyed your session! Hope you get a great working relationship!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Hope things continue to go well - great start

Platinum Member
    Seems like a very constructive start. Its early, so one may not know the direction things may evolve, but you were obviously clear on your ideal scenario and the current obstacles.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What was your take that you got out of the session? Was it just being able to talk to someone about your desires to dress?

Genny-I think a good working relationship has started!
    Bridget-I think so!
    Kim-This is just the beginning and I feel like I am moving once again! Not stagnant!
    Jaylyn-I needed to know where I go from here! Nails painted and ears pierced 24/7, now what? She suggested making my "normal" presentation more feminine with a slightly feminine top! A subtle change! Going in the right direction!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Lana I think I know where you are, it’s kinda where I was a year ago except I was trying to hold onto my marriage.
    I did not want to loose mine but I also knew deep down like you say I really wanted to be dressed 24/7.
    This is a great start and always be totally honest in your sessions
    Thanks for sharing

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not sure why my 1st post here never seemed to make it but I'm glad to hear everything went well at your session

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So, r u crediting your therapist with going 24/7, Lana Mae? For the record?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-09-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Launa Mae, glad your first therapist went okay. You described it well.
    Part Time Girl

Lana, really happy for you, you continue your route to happiness.

Rayleen, Hug
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Launa Mae, I'm glad that you had a positive session.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just for the record. I PM'd Lana Mae earlier and included this line;

It does seem that simply vocalising your thoughts to another person is a way to greater self confidence. This is why CD social groups have such value. Talking to a sympathetic, understanding ear or 2 helps enormously to clarify your own thoughts.

Personally I've never felt the need for counseling. I've always been able to rationalise my thoughts and feeling to a point were I'm comfortable with them. I can however understand the benefits that professional help is capable of bringing. I will though stand by my comment above. For anyone wrestling with their identity or struggling, conflicted about going out, social groups are one of the best and cheapest ways to find help. Anything you're experiencing, someone else will have beaten you to it. Talking to someone who knows exactly what you're talking about, been there, seen it and got the tee shirt is priceless. Seeing folks who have made it through the fog, knowing it is truly possible as they're the living proof is such a huge confidence boost.

Reading Lana Mae's posts I've had the impression this is someone who just needs a slight nudge every now and then. Without it it's just going to be slightly slower progress but the outcome will be the same. I know Lana Mae you'll fulfill your aims and ambitions with or without help. We all know a winner when we come across one.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Great start, Lana Mae! I'm pleased the therapy session went well! I hope in the long run that you'll be able to reconcile the 24/7 ( if it comes to that ) with your daughter. Plenty of time for that, though .

- Lydianne.

I am so glad things went well for you!
    I am both happy for you that counseling is so positive for you, and at the same time I am happy for me because I am going to come out (I think) about my own crossdressing to my counceler today. Your success gives me a brighter outlook.
    So, smile some more! You just helped someone else by getting help for yourself. Thank you for that!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Lana Mae, I happy to hear you had a good experience. Sometimes just hearing what we've been thinking from someone else is a great relief. It's also good to get someone else's perspective on what we might see as real or imagined issues or roadblocks. I hope she is asking questions you haven't asked yourself, or were afraid to ask. That can lead to all kinds of new insight.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Lana Mae,

I PM'd you about this already. You know I am so happy for you.
    You're one of my sign posts. You're enough ahead of me on a similar path that I pay close attention to your own moves to attend to your gender needs. When I see things go well and also mesh well with your spiritual needs, I am stoked. I'm encouraged that there's room for me. A possibility. It gives me the courage to step into a counseling center, and then the next step of talking to someone, and maybe the next step to sitting in a support group. You're setting a great example for us all, Lana.
    Hugs. I want your journey to go well, and you be at peace..
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    She said my desire is to be 24/7 but maybe without hormones or surgery!
    Stay flexible. It's early yet. Nobody's transition is on rails and you get to make the choice to stop or proceed, but my experience is that every time I reach the point I wanted to get to, there has been a new destination beckoning. But I hope that like me, you find it's a process of ever-increasing happiness.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Counsellors usually have enough objectivityto recognize that CD is harmless and so can be supportive. It's wonderful to get a little affirmation when perhaps not many others in your life approve.

Rachael-My wife passed away almost 3 years ago so that is not a problem for me! My daughter living with me is the problem or maybe not! She can not deny that she has seen daddy in a dress! Just how to get her to accept day to day with daddy dressed! I am being as honest as I have ever been! LOL
    Tracii-Thanks!
    Doc-No, I am the one who said it first! She is guiding me on how by asking the right questions! I know the games that can be played! I am being honest and truthful and feel that she is doing the same!
    Dana-Thanks!
    Rayleen-This was just the first session! I think there may be a few more! LOL There could be some interesting conversations at these sessions! Thanks!
    Jamie-Thanks!
    Helen-Thank you so much for the kind words! (Blush, blush!)
    Lydianne-Yes, I need to get the daughter turned around slightly! I am going to take it as it comes! Thanks!
    Jasmine-I am grinning from ear to ear right now! I am so happy that I was able to help another! Best wishes for your successful coming out! Hugs!
    Sarah-We had a sort of general discussion! I plan on bringing up roadblocks and negatives at the next session! It does help to get another's opinion and bounce things off them! She threw out some very good points and I am working on them!
    Ilene- And all along I thought you were ahead of me on this journey! LOL I dress andro most of the time or maybe it is stealth mode! She liked the fact that I was dressed that way and suggested a more feminine top! Not overboard but subtle! Today I am wearing a women's green tee shirt! I went in male mode to a restaurant and had supper! I was wearing women's jeans, shoes(flats-loafers), and my green tee shirt! Nails polished with blue polish with silver sparkles and my hoop earrings in! I even had a female customer with her SO look at me and say Hi! Interesting!
    Pat- Interesting that you brought up destination! I said I did not know if this is a stop on the journey or the final destination! She responded with cremation or burial is our final destination! I think she was just talking about right now that there is no need to rush into hormones or surgery! I do not feel that she has taken it off of the tablebut wants to pursue other things right now! She has written letters for hormones and surgery! I feel that I can trust her to not lead me astray! AND I can always find some one else if she does! I am happy and I think it will keep me that way!
    Suzanne-Yes, it is always good to get our thoughts and actions affirmed!
    Thanks everyone for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Well it looks like your off to a good start, for myself first impressions are important. When seeking counselling a few years back for my daughter the first few were just sitting nodding there heads and saying "go on, go on". We knew in the first 30 seconds when the counsellor talked that she was the one, and we were right.
    You seem very happy with the first impression and for what your telling us I believe I would be happy too.